Author Topic: Bidenomics hits the dump  (Read 372 times)

Offline beefeater

Bidenomics hits the dump
« on: February 08, 2024, 01:45:41 PM »

A personal plea from the Admins

I think some people have the impression that the DU Admins are independently wealthy and that this is all just a bit of a lark for us, but the truth is that DU is our job -- it's literally what we do for a living. We work hard at it every day, and we are incredibly grateful for the full time work it has provided us with, which we in turn put back into the site to keep it running, and improving, for you.

But like most people, we pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. And the problem is that the recent collapse in ad rates means that I haven't received that paycheck in a couple of months, and if things take too long to improve, I won't be able to give Elad his paycheck soon either.
(snip)
But if Elad and I have to find other work so we can pay our own bills, it does mean we won’t be able to continue development on DU, right as we’d got it to the point where we were done fixing things and ready to start taking feature requests. There wouldn't be any more Pics Of The Moment. And more worryingly, emergency breakdowns, or issues that need immediate attention, would take longer to resolve because we wouldn't be here to keep an eye on the site every day. If we can't reliably conduct regular maintenance and stay on top of bugs, it really could cause problems and service interruptions that we can't immediately start working to fix. We do not want things to be this way! But there are only so many hours in a day that we can work on DU, and if we can't afford to pay our bills, we'll have no choice.

1st of all, they been living off those MORONS for over 20 years?

2nd, what other employment are they qualified for? What do they list on their resume'?

Let's help out with some job descriptions that Elad and Earl could use.

Like, orderly in a mental asylum for example.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/101313656
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline CC27

Re: Bidenomics hits the dump
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 01:50:01 PM »
They taking a que from Matt?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 01:55:30 PM »
They taking a que from Matt?

Or AdBot.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 03:52:42 PM »
DU-grade Progs seem to think business owners have money-printing machines in their rectums. So they should just tell DU's owner to fire up his rectal machine and print the $$ he needs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 03:56:58 PM »
Learn to code!

How much work could there be to run that site? I don’t see how it could be a full-time job or two people.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 12:33:01 PM »
TRUCK STOP GLORY HOLES AREN'T PAYING WHAT THEY USED TO BUT DU ADMINS CAN STILL GET A FEW BUCKS THERE.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 12:36:58 PM »
Remember, they’re still making monthly payments to Skinner who sold them the site.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 02:32:01 PM »
Remember, they’re still making monthly payments to Skinner who sold them the site.

"Skinner you magnificent bastard! You read my quote times a100,000."
P.T. Barnum
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 07:33:13 PM »
"Skinner you magnificent bastard! You read my quote times a100,000."
P.T. Barnum

I wonder what that beta male and his wife are up to these days. Didn't the breadwinner (her) get a job with the ill-fated Cankles 2016 campaign?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender