Author Topic: Green Destruction: German Forest that Inspired Grimm’s Fairy Tale Being Felled f  (Read 154 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Green Destruction: German Forest that Inspired Grimm’s Fairy Tale Being Felled for Wind Turbines
https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/03/green-new-deal-destruction-in-europe-german-forest-that-inspired-grimms-fairy-tale-being-felled-for-wind-turbines/

The energy suicide of Germany is rapidly becoming legendary.

Legal Insurrection readers will recall that the nation shuttered its last nuclear power plant in 2023. The German government decided to double down on net-zero dreams and renewable energy promises.

Germany is already big on wind: with nearly 30,000 onshore wind turbines, the country trails only the US and China.

But it’s not enough to meet the country’s climate goals. Today, only 0.8% of Germany’s land area is approved for onshore wind energy. By 2032, the government wants to have 2% of land area allocated for onshore wind power. This means installing between 1,000 and 1,500 new turbines a year, or four to five a day by 2030, as German Chancellor Olaf Scholz recently said.

Germany needs wind energy to meet its goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2045, a target it’s currently in danger of missing, according to multiple studies. The country also missed its emissions reduction targets the last two years in a row, according to think tank Agora Energiewende.

And here we are. A famous forest that inspired Grimm’s fairy tales is being felled for wind turbines.

A large area of Reinhardswald, an ancient German forest featured in the fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm, is being partially cut down in favour of 241-metre tall wind turbines.

Following a months-long construction freeze, administrative courts have allowed heavy machinery to raze parts of the forest, including some trees that are more than 200 years old.

Around 120,000 trees in the 200km² mountainous woodland in the Weser Uplands in the district of Kassel, Hesse, are said to have been condemned to the axe.

The destruction comes at the request of the Green Party, citing the need for more “green” energy as a reason. Mayors in the vicinity are opposing the move.

Germany has begun felling up to 120,000 trees from the 'fairy tale' forest of Reinhardswald – setting of many Brothers Grimm tales – to make way for wind turbines. But not a peep in protest comes from the Greens. https://t.co/oFcv8oW1uK

— Toby Young (@toadmeister) March 8, 2024

Reinhardswald is going to be cut down for wind power. How is that environmentally friendly??????? There is nothing but crickets from treehuggers. Talk about quixotic.  :mental:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Germans are good at following orders.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
...Reinhardswald is going to be cut down for wind power. How is that environmentally friendly??????? There is nothing but crickets from treehuggers. Talk about quixotic.  :mental:

Sad thing is that the turbines are going to land HERE in far less time than it took for the forest to grow there in the first place...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus