Author Topic: Rep. Jayapal Demands Slur ‘Illegal Immigrants’ Stop Being Used To Describe Them  (Read 284 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Rep. Jayapal Demands Slur ‘Illegal Immigrants’ Stop Being Used To Describe Immigrants Who Are Here Illegally

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a fiery speech on Capitol Hill this week, Rep. Pramila Jayapal condemned the use of the derogatory slur "illegal immigrant" to describe people who immigrated to the country illegally.

"The use of such precise, descriptive language to describe persons of other-than-documented status is offensive, demeaning, and racist," said Jayapal to an empty House floor and a C-Span camera operator. "When we accurately describe a problem that we don't want to solve because it helps us politically, it makes it much easier to solve that problem. We can't allow that."

"Also, it's probably homophobic."

Research from prominent sociologists has confirmed the term "illegal immigrant" often leads directly to anti-immigrant sentiment and hate crimes, probably. "When we use dehumanizing slurs to describe undocumented persons of noble asylum seeking, it contributes to the problem," said noted immigrant-terminology expert Dr. Fletch Pugg. "Individuals of non-traditional nation entry deserve more dignity than that."

At publishing time, locals from Jayapal's Seattle district had demanded answers after another 1,000 international dreamers of unorthodox interactions with the law were given shelter in an elementary school.

BEEing an illegal has its benefits
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Airwolf

They should be called criminals but hey, that's just me.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
They should be called criminals but hey, that's just me.

When invaders move across your border, it's not a crime.

It's an ACT OF WAR and should be responded to accordingly.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus