Author Topic: The Obama Presidency in Review  (Read 1120 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
The Obama Presidency in Review
« on: June 05, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »
I found this over at FR....I had to bring it over here.   :p

The Obama Presidency in Review

January 20, 2009
"I thank you and the world thanks you, for choosing love over hate, hope over fear, and diplomacy over warfare. Today we finally begin the work of caring for our sick, giving jobs to the jobless, cooling our fevered planet, lowering the ocean levels, making the blind see, the lame walk..."

August 18, 2009
"As a nation we offer our sincere condolences to the people of South Korea and Japan. As you know, the North Korean leadership signed a legally binding document to curtail all future missle launches which specifically included those with live warheads. That is the primary reason Vice President Webb and I chose Pyongyang as the first stop of 'The Axis of the Misunderstood' tour. This isn't the Kim Jong-Il I knew. So, I share my deep sympathy with the residents of Kyoto, Niigata, Samchok, Tonghae, Wonju..."

April 3, 2010
"Believe me, Michelle and I know that times are tough out there. You wouldn't believe what a kid's harpsichord lessons cost these days. Despite the criticism from the nay-sayers, I assure you that my "Investment for a Hopeful Future" tax policy (with Change surcharge) will soon begin to pull us out of this Bush-caused depression. I can no more disown them than I can disown the liberal community. As Vice President Richardson said, the protests are simply an unfortunate distraction from..."

April 7, 2010
"Oprah, when I said 'Bush-caused depression,' I think any fair viewer would understand the spirit of my comments. Sure, technically, the actual recession didn't start until last summer, and of course the depression was only measured last quarter, but the Bush tax cuts obviously facilitated this decline. The American people should be thankful that my Wealth Equality and Carbon Rationing initiatives started as soon as they did. Frankly, these constant distractions are doing little to improve the lives of Americans — especially my family..."

June 1, 2010
"Like Press Secretary Olbermann said, it's all about my superior judgment..."

June 21, 2010
"Obviously, there was no way of knowing that rapidly removing our troops and embassies from Iraq last March would have caused Iran to so quickly take control of that nation, let alone Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and so forth. When I met with President Ahmadinejad, he assured me repeatedly that he had no interest in expanding Iran's territorial claims. The person that I saw yesterday on Al Jazeera America was not the person I met last year. However, I am thankful he promised not to use his newfound nuclear capabilities on any more nations..."

June 24, 2010
"As a nation we offer our sincere condolences to the people of Israel, Lebanon and the Palestinian Authority. I warned Congress that banning Iran from purchasing superior targeting technology could result in unnecessary collateral damage. But we assure everyone in the region that America will help you rebuild your communities as soon as we receive approval from the United Nations. And once the radiation levels are safe again..."

*snip* read the rest here:  LINK

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: The Obama Presidency in Review
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »
I would give you about 12 high 5s for bring this over! 
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Re: The Obama Presidency in Review
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
I can't see him offering condolences if Israel got nuked.  I can see him offering condolences to the Palestinians who were the collateral damage.

Of course, the next week, Pat Buchannan would deny it happened, and say they deserved it anyway.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!