Author Topic: Wexler: McClellan Must Testify Under Oath Before House Judiciary Committee  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

this isn't about ferreting out obstruction of justice, or even the stark-raving insane notion
that the president has somehow done something impeachable;  bush is six months from
being out of office.  I don't think you could even get the articles through congress before he
would be gone anyway.

this is about one thing, and one thing only;  keeping this issue alive in november.

good going scott, you soulless b*stard.  I hope you buy something nice with all that blood
money you're making.

Wexler: McClellan Must Testify Under Oath Before House Judiciary Committee

Former White House Aide's Revelations Make Out Case for Obstruction of Justice by Rove and Libby in Valerie Plame Case

(Washington, DC)  Today Congressman Robert Wexler (D-FL) called for former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan to appear before the House Judiciary Committee to testify under oath regarding the devastating revelations made in his new book on the Bush Administration’s deliberate efforts to mislead the American people into the Iraq War.

“The admissions made by Scott McClellan in his new book are earth-shattering and allege facts to establish that Karl Rove and Scooter Libby – and possibly Vice President Cheney -  conspired to obstruct justice by lying about their role in the Plame Wilson matter and that the Bush Administration deliberately lied to the American people in order to take us to war in Iraq. Scott McClellan must now appear before the House Judiciary Committee under oath to tell Congress and the American people how President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Scooter Libby, and White House officials deliberately orchestrated a massive propaganda campaign to sell the war in Iraq to the American people.” 

“The allegations by this former top White House aide – that Rove and Libby deliberately coordinated their stories in order to obstruct justice in the Plame case, that the President deliberately disregarded contradictory evidence related to Iraq, should outrage every American and Congress must respond by initiating immediate aggressive oversight starting with an appearance by McClellan before the House Judiciary Committee.  Any continued obstruction by this Administration to prevent White House officials from appearing before Congress cannot be tolerated by this Congress in the face of these shocking revelations.”

Congressman Wexler has led a nationwide campaign in favor of holding impeachment hearings for Vice-President Dick Cheney.  Congressman Wexler is Chairman of the Europe Subcommittee and a senior member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs and the House Judiciary Committee.

Link

Offline Sonnabend

Less than six months before an election, with a (excuse me, sir..no offence) "lame duck" President?

Wexler has his hand on it.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
I hope it happens because it'll prove two things;
1. The Democrats have nothing better to do.
2. Scotty McClellan saw and heard nothing.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
He deserves it, he will get it "nice and easy" with the Dems and then he will get it "rough" when the Repubs get a whack at him! Like all liberals he is an idiot!

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
I think this is GREAT news! I'm hoping the Dems spend all their time running against the President. Because, unless he declares "marshall" law, he ain't running again.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Lacarnut

He deserves it, he will get it "nice and easy" with the Dems and then he will get it "rough" when the Repubs get a whack at him! Like all liberals he is an idiot!

I would not be too sure that the Repub. congress critters will be that rough with him. It looks like they are laying low and hoping they keep onto their cush jobs. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Just one more item proving that common sense has yet to penetrate the Beltway.  And yet Wexler goes home at night and wonders why Congress' approval ratings are near single digits.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

it's silly.  they are considering this on the basis of a book?  the white house press secretary is about the least geopolitically significant person in all of washington DC.  especially when you're a big idiot.  this guy was trotted out there to hand the MSM talking points, and take a beating for the president.

this particular white house press secretary was the closest thing to an inanimate object inthe white house since FDR's wheel chair.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
regarding the devastating revelations made in his new book on the Bush Administration’s deliberate efforts to mislead the American people into the Iraq War.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bullspit.  All McClellan's book does is make the liberals happy because it reinforces their BDS.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender