Author Topic: The political time bomb for Biden inside the latest jobless numbers  (Read 543 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The political time bomb for Biden inside the latest jobless numbers
https://justthenews.com/nation/economy/political-timebomb-biden-inside-latest-jobless-numbers

Wile the unemployment rate for Americans dropped in August, there is a political time bomb buried in the statistics for President Joe Biden and a Democratic Party increasingly focused on equity: black joblessness shot up significantly.

In other words, the president who fondly boasts of a domestic policy promising to leave nobody behind has an economic recovery that is leaving a key Democratic constituency in worse shape.

"The rise in black unemployment in August is certainly troubling, considering their unemployment rates were already much higher than any other group," Elise Gould, a senior economist at the Economic Policy Institute, said on Twitter.

Adding to the complications is the fact that before the pandemic, African-Americans enjoyed historic economic gains under President Trump, including record-low unemployment and falling poverty.

Steve Moore, an economist who advised Trump, said the trend lines for blacks under Biden were ominous, especially after all the COVID-19 relief that was distributed.

Unemployment rate for Blacks has gone up despite unemployment rate going down.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: The political time bomb for Biden inside the latest jobless numbers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »
The political time bomb for Biden inside the latest jobless numbers
https://justthenews.com/nation/economy/political-timebomb-biden-inside-latest-jobless-numbers

Unemployment rate for Blacks has gone up despite unemployment rate going down.

Yeah, but at least no more mean tweets from the bad orange man, so...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: The political time bomb for Biden inside the latest jobless numbers
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 04:04:28 PM »
He could care less, he got to be king and won't make a second attempt. so poll numbers are meaningless. the left is destroying America on schedule, that's all that counts for them. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!