Author Topic: House Passes H.R. 4  (Read 421 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
House Passes H.R. 4
« on: August 25, 2021, 10:42:52 AM »
219 yeas (all Dems voted yea, zero Republicans -- surprised that Cheney and Kinzinger voted with the Repubs as they're complete RINOs)
212 nays (all Repubs voted nay, zero Dems)

I'd like to think that this bill is DOA in the Senate, but with Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Sasse, and a few more turncoats in the mix, who knows.

I'm quite sure the lawyers have been sharpening their pencils in the event of passage. SCOTUS already shitcanned a section of the Voting Rights Act back in 2013 but since Roberts is afraid of his own shadow, I take nothing for granted.

https://dailytorch.com/2021/08/house-passes-h-r-4-election-takeover-bill-restoring-doj-preclearance-authority-over-all-state-and-local-election-laws-including-redistricting-and-absentee-ballots/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 10:45:36 AM by Eupher »
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Re: House Passes H.R. 4
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 07:30:46 AM »

I'd like to think that this bill is DOA in the Senate, but with Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Sasse, and a few more turncoats in the mix, who knows.

They have to come up with 10 RINOS with a political death wish or eliminate the filibuster. 
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire