Author Topic: Board member of Stacey Abrams' voter org said mail ballots are most vulnerable t  (Read 429 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Board member of Stacey Abrams' voter org said mail ballots are most vulnerable to fraud in 2007 interview
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fair-fight-stacey-abrams-vote-fraud-mail-ballot

A board member on Stacey Abrahms' Georgia political organization Fair Fight said in 2007 that voter fraud is most likely to occur in mail ballots, a statement that appears at odds with the group's current position against laws that impose security rules on the practice.

The board member, state Rep. Al Williams, made the comment in a 2007 NPR interview in about a voting law Georgia implemented at the time. He said voter fraud was not a problem at in-person polls so the law's ID requirement was unnecessary and discriminatory. To support his position, Williams said mail voting is less secure than in-person voting.

"We have not one instance in 12 years - and that was a study done by the previous Secretary of State Cathy Cox - not one instance of voter fraud at the polls," Williams said.

"Most of the fraud that occurs with voting is with absentee ballots, where only a signature is required," Williams also said. "But none of these provisions will even addressed [in the 2007 law]."

They knew mail ballots were vulnerable to fraud in 2007.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Of course they knew. Why do you think they chose to push that method of voting/vote fraud? Because it was the path of least effort involved.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DLR Pyro

almost makes you think the democrat party colluded with china to launch the chi-vi to justify all mail in ballots in the 2020 election when they saw that President Trump would win re-election easily.

Sound a bit far fetched?  Not anymore crazy than the Trump/Russian collusion fantasy the left still will not let go of.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020