Author Topic: Infrastructure Bill - 2700 pages, a lot of it Green New Deal Crap  (Read 695 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Is anybody surprised by this?

And Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader, lauds this pile of reeking offal. If there was ever any doubt about him being a complete and total pushover for Chuck the Schmuck, it's gone now.

Oilfield Rando posted just some of this pork:
  • Gender identity - this is infrastructure?
  • $2.5 billion for green energy subsidies for schools and non-profits - this is roads, bridges, airports?
  • $5 billion for low emissions school buses
  • Digital Equity Act - I'm pretty sure there aren't any airports in that part of the bill
  • $250 million for electric ferries

TownHall
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Infrastructure Bill - 2700 pages, a lot of it Green New Deal Crap
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 04:14:26 PM »
I see a list of green projects...but is the actual AOC Green New Deal bill included?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:07:19 AM »
I see a list of green projects...but is the actual AOC Green New Deal bill included?

I doubt it, especially since Senate Republicans had more to do with putting this pile of crap together than they should've. Even still, there's an enormous amount of green crap in there.

This is why we can't have nice things. McConnell is "negotiating" with Chuck the Schmuck.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 09:22:56 AM »
I doubt it, especially since Senate Republicans had more to do with putting this pile of crap together than they should've. Even still, there's an enormous amount of green crap in there.

This is why we can't have nice things. McConnell is "negotiating" with Chuck the Schmuck.
I heard Hannity on his radio show yesterday say that schumer will put all that green raw deal crap into the reconciliation bill that will be tagged onto this "infrastructure" bill
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
I heard Hannity on his radio show yesterday say that schumer will put all that green raw deal crap into the reconciliation bill that will be tagged onto this "infrastructure" bill

Yep, and McConnell will bend over like the little bitch he is.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 09:50:32 AM »
Matt Vespa's analysis, and it's entitled:

"The GOP Sure Knows How to Snatch Defeat from the Jaws of Victory"

Sound familiar? He's talkin' about you, Mitch McConnell, and the rest of your establishment Republicans.

TownHall

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 10:12:25 AM »
I'm older than most here, so I can describe the haunting beauty of Ike's Highway Plan and other molasses-paced 'infrastructure programs'...   

Unfinished bridges, unfinished roads leading to unfinished bridges, Great Lakes dredge-projects for no reason, unfinished terminals, unfinished dikes, abandoned spillways because agriculture projects never materialized, cleared-off land, cleared-off land containing streets with street-signs, abandoned runways, unfinished airports, sections of 4-lane US-highways that begin and end randomly, cloverleafs to nowhere, abandoned rest-areas, blank billboards...  I can just imagine the internal property-rights SNAFU's and other public-domain voodoo happening thru-out the Nation.

But, hey.  Let's do it again... only slower.   

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 11:00:48 AM »
You really ought to read this article.

Republicans Cannot Vote for the Infrastructure Bill If These Two Provisions Remain

If the bipartisan “infrastructure” bill passes, Senate Republicans who vote for it will have some explaining to do on two provisions buried in the text. One will make it too expensive to drive, and the other will eliminate local control of zoning. Both are extensions of Obama-era policy intended to destroy the suburbs by depriving them of funding to repair roads if they don’t let the federal government mandate zoning and make commuting from them outrageously expensive.

The first unacceptable provision the Republican negotiators agreed to can be found beginning on page 510 of the text. It directs the secretary of Transportation and the secretary of the Treasury to begin a pilot program for a national motor vehicle per-mile user fee. The fee is a revenue mechanism that charges people operating motor vehicles on the surface transportation system based on the number of miles traveled.

The pilot’s objective is to provide recommendations for the adoption and implementation of a national per-mile fee for all drivers. Some Republicans support a fee structure that will impact middle- and working-class families who are less likely to purchase hybrid vehicles and often live away from work because of lower housing prices or better quality of life. It won’t be a picnic for upper-middle-class families either.

Golly gee, Batman! So this is what the Dems meant by "infrastructure!"

Lotsa Republicans apparently find this provision acceptable, eh, Mitch? You and Mitt -- buds forever, right?  :whatever:

Rest of the article at the link: PJ Media

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 02:44:34 PM »
The bill passed with 19 turncoat Republicans who voted for it:

The 19 Republicans who voted with Democrats include Sens. Roy Blunt (Mo.), Richard Burr (N.C.), Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.), Bill Cassidy (La.), Susan Collins (Maine), Deb Fischer (Neb.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), John Hoeven (N.D.), Mitch McConnell (Ky.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Rob Portman (Ohio), Jim Risch (Idaho), Mitt Romney (Utah), Dan Sullivan (Alaska), Thom Tillis (N.C.), Mike Crapo (Idaho), Kevin Cramer (N.D.), and Roger Wicker (Miss.).

Biden and Democrats also proposed a $3.5 trillion spending package and vowed to pass it via budget reconciliation, which requires a mere 51 votes. On Monday, Democrats unveiled the giant spending measure, although it’s not clear whether some of the provisions will be approved by the Senate Parliamentarian’s office or will have enough centrist Democrats to support it.

Every one of those ****tards needs to be primaried.

https://republicandaily.net/2021/08/19-republican-senators-join-all-democrats-to-pass-1-2-trillion-infrastructure-bill/

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 04:30:13 PM »
Vile backstabbers.  Every one.

The Country is absolutely ****ed by these nineteen grinning pieces of shit.  This will be a disaster.  I'm memorizing their names and will go to great lengths to utterly blackwash them in any setting, in any format I see fit.   

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 04:51:06 PM »
Vile backstabbers.  Every one.

The Country is absolutely ****ed by these nineteen grinning pieces of shit.  This will be a disaster.  I'm memorizing their names and will go to great lengths to utterly blackwash them in any setting, in any format I see fit.

Murkowski is in serious trouble. Kelly Tshibaka is ready to put some whoop ass on her.  She's 20 points ahead of Murkowski and the campaign has barely started.

https://gopdailybrief.com/murkowski-alaska-poll-trump/