Author Topic: Tree Hugger hassled by the fuzz for driving a bum vehicle  (Read 3765 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Tree Hugger hassled by the fuzz for driving a bum vehicle
« on: November 14, 2013, 04:29:32 PM »
Star Member Tree-Hugger (656 posts)

You know, I'm not a cop-hater, but today....
....I just want to kick some law enforcement balls.

I tend to pass over some of the DU posts that seem anti-cop because a lot of the experiences are different than my own and I know good cops. I try to keep an even mind. But today I'm pissed.

I've written here about my own poverty situation (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023842668) and OneGrassRoots just set me up on the Wishadoo site so my family can receive help. Being poor sucks. It's like you're ties down and powerless while being constantly assaulted by one thing or another on a daily basis.

One of our daily woes with poverty is out car situation. We have two cars, which I think we're supposed to sell because poor people aren't supposed to have cars. I believe the RWers expect us to drag one another to work via rickshaws that we construct out of cardboard boxes and the filth of our poor poverty tears. I digress. One car failed safety inspection, but passed emissions, in July. We have not been able to afford the needed repairs (wheel cylinders and breaks). The other car is good on inspection until December, but is also due for breaks now and has just begun making a terrifying noise while being driven (I can only describe it as sounding like there is a wookie under the hood) so we have completely stopped using it. We're in a bad place with our cars. Still, my husband needs to get to his three jobs and my son needs to get to and from school, doctor's appointments, etc. And we need to drive to the grocery store (because God forbid they install sidewalks that actually lead to somewhere...) in order to spend our SNAP money and get judged in line for buying red meat or a bag of pretzels for my son's school snacks.

I was stopped by a cop today. He noticed my expired sticker as I drove by. He asked why it was expired and I explained my whole situation, saying we were struggling financially and were "food pantry type of poor." He seemed sympathetic and asked for my license and papers, which I gave him. He said he was going to send me back out in a quick minute. They run your license and registration and insurance routinely, whether or not they intend to give you a ticket so that didn't bother me. As he was doing that, another cop pulls up. That cop got out and talked to him and then came to me. He said he understands I have some money issues and asked what was wrong with my car and how much the repairs would be. He then sympathized and said it's $20.00 parts, but $300.00 for labor. He asked if I had gotten estimates anywhere else. The way he initially spoke to me sounded sympathetic and I thought for a moment he was going to tell me of some way to get help for my car (maybe there was a program that offered car repairs to the po'). But then he started going on and on about how I'm a liability on the road and can harm myself, my kids, and others. And I agreed. I said I totally understand and I have never been one to ever skimp on car repairs or routine maintenance until now, that hopefully this is a temporary bind, and that I don't know what to do because we need to drive to get to work to make money and try to save for all of our repairs. He was all, "I know, I know. I get that." He went back to the other officer and they chatted, while I sat there. He came back and said I would probably get a ticket today and it wasn't because they don't sympathize and that they don't care, but that I should, "think of it as an incentive to do the right thing and get the car repaired." What the actual ****? It's not like I'm out here not giving a shit about my car. It's not like I'm blowing money on frivolous things and not taking car of what's needed. I'm in a bind. I need help. The other officer came back with a ticket and said to please fix my car within ten days. Otherwise, my license will be suspended. It's called keeping other drivers safe.

So, I guess I'll be driving around on a suspended license. In which case I hope you get tossed in the joint.

It just pisses me off because this is the overall attitude towards the poor in society. People act like we chose this. We're being stubborn. We're lazy and just don't want to work so we can live off of handouts all day. They act like a simple solution is just a pray and wish and a day's worth of hard work away...as if we can just snap our poor little fingers and a the answer will fall from the sky. I was just looking at this offer telling me that a ticket and license suspension will essentially incentive enough to cure my poverty and fix my car like he had three heads. It must be so easy to say that when you get to work a job with okay pay and benefits, don't have to worry about car repairs, and get to go home to your own home where you have a full pantry and fridge. It's so easy to tell poor people that things will get better if you just work hard enough...if you just want it bad enough. Just stop being poor. It's as easy as that!

Sorry if this doesn't belong in GD. I was looking for a place to rant. Most people in my personal life aren't aware of how bad things are for my family because a)it's embarrassing and b)I don't want my parents to worry anymore than they already do. So, I rant online. If you are reading this and you have a quick moment to send out a prayer, or a good thought to the universe, or some positive vibes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Psst - DUmmy: know who doesn't want to hear your sob story? The people you plow into and kill because your car fell apart in your hands.

You got a fixit ticket. Your car is, like, totally important, mannnnn. Get it fixed. Borrow the money. Beg for it like your brethren. Call 0bama. Call George Clooney. Call someone else liberal and in Hollywood. Or stop driving.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Tree Hugger hassled by the fuzz for driving a bum vehicle
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
Quote from:
Tree-Hugger

People act like we chose this.

Did you vote for Democrats?  If so, then you did choose....... poorly.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:44:39 PM »
I'll bet if the messiah didn't have an important golf game this weekend, he'd be right over to fix those brakes.  This is so typical of the professional poor, excuse after excuse after excuse.  And, how dare you cite them for endangering their fellow citizens.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »
You know, the primitive's got only herself to blame for this; she voted for it.

Back in the late 1970s, the state of Nebraska, because the primitives wanted it, instituted an automobile inspection policy, in which one paid $12.50 and after the vehicle was inspected and passed, one got a sticker to put on the inside of the windshield.

It was abolished sometime during the Reagan prosperity, and our non-inspected cars don't seem to have any more accidents than inspected cars in other states.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
Despite all that poverty surrounding tree hugger, there was enough in the family budget to give to skimmer for a star.

Strange priorities.
This too shall pass.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
Laws are only for the rich, poor people should be exempt.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Another useless liberal parasite...my heart pumps warm piss for it.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 06:45:33 PM »
So they have the funds to afford the internet.... They have the time to complain about cops on the internet.... They wonder why they're poor....hmmm....
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
I just now started paying attention to this one - lives near Philly by her account. In another post in another Kathleen c/p, she talks about her "unique"car:

I've definitely gone most of the day without eating so my kids get more. When I shop, I try to buy more for them than for me. So far today, I had a little pita and hummus as well as a small M&M bag that I stole from my daughter's Halloween candy stash. I make sure my kids get three meals plus snacks and do my best to make them feel like they don't have to worry about going without food. My son is 7 years old and he has become well aware that we are poor, which I really hate. He has a lot of anxiety issues and OCD (which is fed by anxiety) and I hate to think our situation contributes to that.

We actually utilized the local food pantry for the first time a little over a week ago because our SNAP benefits were running very thin before their scheduled roll over. At this place, you can come twice a month. I'm not sure of the alloted amount. My husband came out with two large grocery bags, plus one small one. We got apples, celery, peppers, canned veggies, soups, sausages, hot dogs, bacon, cereal, and so on. They also gave a little bag of leftover Halloween candy as a treat and they allow one dessert item if available (oh no! Poor people eating dessert! Crucify them! Crucify them!). In addition to the food pantry, they run a daily soup kitchen - breakfast and lunch/dinner. I saw that portion of the building and it was filled with regular folks from my community - people you'd pass on the street and not notice they are poor (because we're supposed to wear some sort of identifying arm band or something, according to RW asswads). They also have a bread shelf and anyone can come in on a daily basis and take two bread items. This can be loaves of sandwich bread, bags full of rolls, pita type breads, baguettes, bagels. In addition to the bread shelf, they have baskets full of bottled water that anyone can take. Sometimes, the bread shelf has extra produce items such as apples. It's usually the day old bread from grocery stores and places like Panera. I also observed people coming in to get a bathroom key - I assume it's utilized by the homeless folk our area loves to deny exist.

It can be super embarrassing. This food pantry is on the main street of town, right in the center of action. People line up outside on the front sidewalk and are very visible as they wait for the pantry and soup kitchen to open. I totally admit to feeling that sense of embarrassment...thinking, "I hope no one sees me." My car is ultra identifiable thanks to it's uncommon color and my obnoxious bumper stickers and I wondered if anyone I knew would pass by and wonder if I was there to help or be helped.

Don't mind me - I'm rambling.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024033339

:rotf:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »
She really needs to get down from that cross, we need the wood.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 07:17:09 PM »
What pisses me off is, she is getting all kinds of help both from the taxpayers and charity, there is no sign of any gratitude just a whole bunch of pissing and moaning.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 07:25:45 PM »
mountain grammy (2,844 posts)
9. We need another "War on Poverty," another Dr. King or LBJ or RFK to mobilze people

against the scourge of poverty in America. Just because a family has a refrigerator or a car does not mean they're not impoverished. You don't have to live in a shack with no electricity or running water to be poor. ...as long as you think you're poor...
People who've never experienced being poor have no idea how exhausting or humiliating it is. The idea of drug testing people on public assistance is an example of spending tax money to debase and humiliate people, because, God knows, they're not down enough.

So mountain grammy wants to create even more poverty....
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »
What pisses me off is, she is getting all kinds of help both from the taxpayers and charity, there is no sign of any gratitude just a whole bunch of pissing and moaning.

Too much is never enough....
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 07:29:16 PM »
So mountain grammy wants to create even more poverty....

If I have to pee in a cup in order to get a job where they take part of my money to give to the poor, they can pee in a cup too.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 07:54:42 PM »
Well it's her own fault for not taking advantage of the "Cash for Clunkers" program.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 07:59:02 PM »
I didn't read that bs but i was recently under my truck with rust and brake fluid in my eyes FIXING THE ****ING THING so I could stay on the road! Eat shit and bark at the moon pisbag!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 07:59:39 PM »
She really needs to get down from that cross, we need the wood.

Nah, light it up anyway.

She'll feel right at home.  And it'll provide warmth and entertainment at the same time...

(Yes, DUmbshits, that was sarcasm.)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 09:20:34 PM »
She's eating pita and hummus. Now, she starts eating haggis and I want a full report. And a barf bag.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline kraven

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 12:05:26 AM »

I was just looking at this offer telling me that a ticket and license suspension will essentially incentive enough to cure my poverty and fix my car like he had three heads. It must be so easy to say that when you get to work a job with okay pay and benefits, don't have to worry about car repairs, and get to go home to your own home where you have a full pantry and fridge. It's so easy to tell poor people that things will get better if you just work hard enough...if you just want it bad enough. Just stop being poor. It's as easy as that!

Well, here is a solution to her problems: Why doesn't she become a cop? Or have her DH become a cop? I mean, they live that fancy lifestyle and all, and of course pretty much do nothing, so it should be a piece of cake, right? Hell, both her and her DH could become cops, and then it would be easy street all the way for them. They'd be like, gosh, 1%ers!

Offline kraven

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 12:19:37 AM »
We are on food stamps that never seem to last all month despite the fact that I primarily cook from scratch. We barely make rent and needed Catholic charity help with that recently. We're overdue in electricity, unable to afford rent insurance, and we have medical and dental bills out the ass. God knows how we'll afford heat this Winter. By some miracle, my husband and I are covered under Medicaid at the moment, in addition to our kids. None of my husband's jobs offer insurance.

And it sucks. It's hard enough to live this life. But day after day I read and hear comments about how people like us are takers. We are sucking on the government titties. We are mooching. We are lazy. We just expect hand outs. I have Congress people talking about how it's not that hard to be poor. Politicians vote against families like mine. Christians tell me God helps those who help themselves....and we're obviously not working hard enough to secure God's mercy. People tell me, "well, you just need to go get a job." As if it's that easy. And of course I am sinning by using the internet right now. Being poor, I do not deserve internet time....or a car....or food.

There is so much judgment out there for people like me and it's sponsored by and supported by our wonderful Christian politicians. It sucks.

Star Member Tree-Hugger (708 posts)
45. YES!

We received help from them once. I'm Catholic, so I am very familiar with the organization and have also donated to them a lot in the past. Even though they are a Catholic organization, they do not require that you be Catholic or even Christian. You don't have to accept a Bible, or attend Mass, or pray. There's a lot of dirty in the Catholic Church, by SVdP is a bright spot and should be the way ALL Christian religions act!

I love how these DUmp leaches bash Christians, The Catholic church, and anything Jesus, and then go to those exact places to beg for free food and handouts. Total hypocrites.

Like for real y'all, I could be starving to death, filthy and diseased ridden and would just as soon die slowly and painfully than accept *any* help from Planned Parenthood. They could be giving away gold bars and bags of diamonds and I'd flip them the bird and settle into my gutter to die by my morals and standards.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »

One of our daily woes with poverty is out car situation. We have two cars, which I think we're supposed to sell because poor people aren't supposed to have cars. I believe the RWers expect us to drag one another to work via rickshaws that we construct out of cardboard boxes and the filth of our poor poverty tears. I digress. One car failed safety inspection, but passed emissions, in July. We have not been able to afford the needed repairs (wheel cylinders and breaks). The other car is good on inspection until December, but is also due for breaks now and has just begun making a terrifying noise while being driven (I can only describe it as sounding like there is a wookie under the hood) so we have completely stopped using it. We're in a bad place with our cars. Still, my husband needs to get to his three jobs and my son needs to get to and from school, doctor's appointments, etc. And we need to drive to the grocery store (because God forbid they install sidewalks that actually lead to somewhere...) in order to spend our SNAP money and get judged in line for buying red meat or a bag of pretzels for my son's school snacks.

Ok, let me get this straight.  You have a car with an expired sticker, that needs wheel cylinders and brakes (not breaks, DUmbass), and you are driving it around. The other car you claim there is a horrible noise coming from the front that sounds like Moochell under the hood.

Two things wrong with this.  
1.  Wheel cylinders are usually on the back, they are used on drum brakes (not breaks, DUmbass).  If you need wheel cylinders, it's because yours are leaking brake (not break, DUmbass) fluid.  Leak enough fluid, and your brakes (not breaks, DUmbass) will fail.  You will not be able to stop the car, no matter how hard you try to "Fred Flintstone" it and drag your feet.  More than likely, you need rear brake (not break, DUmbass) shoes, and by now, drums as well.

2.  The sound from the front is the "squealers" that tell you to replace the pads.  When the squealing stops and the rumbling starts, the pads are GONE, and you are now destroying your rotors.  Your "$20 in parts" just became $200, because you are too damned sorry to take care of a problem while it was small, and now your small brake (not break, DUmbass) repair will require replacement of 75% of your brake (not break, DUmbass) components.

And you wonder why you are poor...   :thatsright:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:21:55 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 08:05:06 AM »
Dear DUmmies,

Rear end me because you couldn't stop your hunk of shit in time with your hunk of shit brakes, and I guarantee the cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle will be the least of your worries.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 08:22:56 AM »
Dear DUmmies,

Rear end me because you couldn't stop your hunk of shit in time with your hunk of shit brakes, and I guarantee the cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle will be the least of your worries.

Ha! It'll be fun to see how quickly somebody with a handicap sticker can run. 
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 08:48:48 AM »

Well, here is a solution to her problems: Why doesn't she become a cop? Or have her DH become a cop? I mean, they live that fancy lifestyle and all, and of course pretty much do nothing, so it should be a piece of cake, right? Hell, both her and her DH could become cops, and then it would be easy street all the way for them. They'd be like, gosh, 1%ers!

Something is very wrong here Kraven with your advice to becoming a cop.   We in our village have 3-4 perhaps more Cops as neighbors.    We can always tell when the Law moves in, they are about the only ones that park their cars with the nose pointed out toward the street.

Now we live in very nice homes but be it double or single wide this is just a nice trailer park.  As Trailer Parks  so often denoted to mean the poor element in society, I do not believe the Officers moving in make a shit load of money.  

Interesting life style for the Police and their family's,  unlike our Military that know the dangers they face, these civilian cops face Lord knows what every day of their life on or off duty.   For family kids and S.O  every time you walk out the door can be the last time you see them.  

One has to be a conservative in most ways to be a Cop,  mental health depends on it.

Poor to me is life style and the priories set in life,  first is food and then comes shelter and clothing.  

That little Kinko that yells he has a flat tire,  may well be the poor that are yelling,  -- I have no TV, no phone, no computer or internet.  

Ever walk into a house where the kids are eating breakfast cereal with water ?   I have, the parents could not afford milk for them because they drink pounders of beer and smoke cigarettes.  

No liberal should ever become a Cop, and to my thinking the city cops are underpaid -------Rant over for now.      

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »
Poor DUmmie needs everyone to know they are poor, over, and over.................
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.