Author Topic: The convenient store decided that lady freedom would make a good janitor  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Re: The convenient store decided that lady freedom would make a good janitor
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »
Absolutely, and then more. Yup. LFR hasn't a worry in the world.
Nope, none at all.

You do have a spare bedroom, right, BD?

Well, yeah but the landlord doesn't allow guests and the bed is broken.  I will however, send healing light.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »
Well, yeah but the landlord doesn't allow guests and the bed is broken.  I will however, send healing light.
You're such a nice guy. Healing white light cures all.
I'd offer you a whiskey, but, I drinked it.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »
How about a going away party for us CCers in Missouri?  :-)

Before or after she gets on the damned bus?  :-)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 12:34:28 AM »
Before or after she gets on the damned bus?  :-)

After, sir, after!  She's pretty flaky.  Let's make sure she's gone first.  :cheersmate:

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 04:07:02 AM »

:-)

Offline Karin

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 08:10:25 AM »
Her Wishadoo account is climbing the charts!   :panic:

The C-Store employees around here get canned for being cash short.  It's very, very strict.  Cameras are pointed at them all the time, too.  There are no second chances, or cleanup jobs.  Why?  Because they can be very easily replaced, just like a McDonald's burger flipper. 

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »
Her Wishadoo account is climbing the charts!   :panic:

The C-Store employees around here get canned for being cash short.  It's very, very strict.  Cameras are pointed at them all the time, too.  There are no second chances, or cleanup jobs.  Why?  Because they can be very easily replaced, just like a McDonald's burger flipper. 

She has exactly zero donations. Her requested goal is 300.00. Total donations so far is zero.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2013, 09:26:16 AM »
After, sir, after!  She's pretty flaky.  Let's make sure she's gone first.  :cheersmate:

[youtube=425,350]www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8x3LCnYZw‎[/youtube]
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »
She has exactly zero donations. Her requested goal is 300.00. Total donations so far is zero.

Not any more - she's reached the dizzying heights of $10...and is so excited that she's posted a thread in the Lounge.

Lady Freedom Returns (5,862 posts)

WOW!! Someone had donated $10 to the thing I have going to help me on Wishadoo!

Last edited Tue Sep 3, 2013, 06:10 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

I am waiting for the Paypal Debit card so I can verify and stuff.

But wow!!!!! I wish I knew a way to say thank you!!

ADD) You know, I am so surprised at how much people are helping me. I know we all are having a hard time right now. I...

I see many on Wishadoo that are trying to keep a roof or trying to pay for medical needs. Then you see all the wish fulfilled signs. Everyone wanting to help each other is what is needed in times like we have been going through.

I can't wait till I am home, working and able to pass it on!

DUmp link.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2013, 04:31:56 PM »
And then there's another update from Lady Freedum:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018472077
Tue Sep 3, 2013, 03:42 PM

Lady Freedom Returns (5,867 posts)

Have you ever had a time/event that you could have sworn you heard a Rattlesnake???

This weekend I got a e-mail from the V.A's HUD/VASH program. They were gotten ahold of by the Primavera Org. on my behave about the section 8 issue.

The V.A is/was offering us Reconciliation and Couples Counseling .

Well I just KNEW my exSO would NEVER go for it. After 10 years, I know how he feels about the Psychiatric Field. Or so I thought...

Well, trying to be the bigger person, I said I would see, IF the other party would be willing.

My surprise came with their e-mail today. He is states as being MORE THAN WILLING.

I hear a Rattlesnake!

The plans with Primavera helping me clean up this Section 8 mess has NOT CHANGED. My plans will not, have not changed. I don't/ can't fully trust him!

I won't know what his game is till I get there. But boy, is the one I think is behind this going to get a BIG surprise! I am not going back some whipped puppy. I am SOOOOO not the same person anymore. This has been my last straw! I can do things on my own. The one behind this move on my exSo's side ( the one that wanted me out BAD) is use to hurting women physically and mentally into submission. He has NEVER locked horns with the likes of me!

I will not just go back to have an address. That is where Primavera walk-in center can help with.

Yes, getting a job will be slow due to the address problem, but it is NOT imposable. And once the section 8 thing gets cleared up. I will have my own address!

Whatever the game is, I am NOT playing!

I am a tough old gal!

:mental:

Perhaps a nice banner. "Welcome to Tucson, LFR, from your friends at CC".

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018471498

Response to Locut0s (Original post)

Tue Sep 3, 2013, 04:53 AM

MiddleFingerMom (24,209 posts)

66. Presently -- Tucson. Lots of Mexican restaurants and surrounded by beautiful mountains.

Lots of musicians, artists, college students, LGBT and liberal folks -- I think of it like
 West Berlin before the wall came down -- a big lake of Blue surrounded by an
endless expanse of Red desert.
We're about to have a massive influx of snowbirds -- folks who just winter here.

<snip>

He could hire her as a live-in housekeeper.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »
And then there's another update from Lady Freedum:

That's got me really wondering what old Dave and Chad have in store for her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2013, 05:08:33 PM »
One wonders what's going on down in Joplin.

I by chance ran across this comment denigrating a convenience store in that city:

Brian
Created on 12/28/09

Customer service at this store has much room for improvement. Customers should be informed beforehand that
if they pay money to use the payphone inside the store to call for a taxi (my vehicle was being repaired) that it's at the manager's discretion whether or not you can actually wait for the cab on the property, whether or not you buy anything else. It wouldn't take much, maybe a simple sign. That way people can make an educated decision BEFORE they spend the fifty cents.

If you don't have a disclaimer, it would seem to make more sense to approach people in a polite, professional manner, than to raise your voice and accuse them of loitering and yelling at them about your policies, when you could simply ask them to leave.

Myself, I was simply worried about getting to work, and had I known twenty minutes is that big of a deal, I could spent that fifty cents at Kum and Go, where I've never encountered a problem.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-17813586-casey-s-general-store-joplin;_ylt=Ah_j_AeTqsxVE7eAYiu2vJGHNcIF;_ylv=3?csz=Joplin%2C+MO
apres moi, le deluge