Author Topic: *swipe* *swipe* *swipe* I think they turned off the race card  (Read 902 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Just before they nuked the Meta forum I noted the Meta forum was their Achilles heel as it allowed the Proglodytes to openly what they do normally only hidden by snark and condescension: indulge their hatred of all things not of themselves.

Well, Thank Dog we have Barack Obama in the White House, because he has filled the void of the now defunct Meta forum.

ProSense (99,683 posts)

It's hate. Period.

I posted this comment in response to a recent OP:

It's racism, bigotry, hate, agendas, envy and jealousy, but a lot of it is based on race, even the envy.

Imagine if any of the other Democratic candidates had succeeded Bush, and did half what Obama has done, including passing health care reform. He/she would have been hailed as one of the greatest Presidents ever.

<snip>

eh...whatever

graham4anything (10,480 posts)
1. 100% correct. Highly recomended and kicked through the goal posts for a touchdown to win the game.

Puzzledtraveller (2,413 posts)
16. That's a field goal.

Not a touchdown, but something tells me you knew that already.

24. it's 2 1/2 times more better than a FG, so I said TD to make a point.

MannyGoldstein (21,764 posts)
6. The wealthiest have gained $5 trillion since Obama took office

While the rest of us lost $600 billion.

And we need to cut Social Security earned benefits. By 22%, says Obama's hand-picked committee.

And the illegal foreclosures, virtually unpunished. And the banker money laundering, virtually unpunished. And using the Fourth Amendment as toilet paper. And more "free" trade agreements.

I suppose we should embrace these things?

JW2020 (99 posts)
21. Obama will be seen as the Hoover of our times.

29. Actually...

Great article from 2009:

Barack Hoover Obama

ProSense (99,683 posts)
47. You prove the point.

You've been posting that article since 2009. The President didn't even have a record of accomplishments yet, but it was already determined that he was Hoover.

It was nonsense then, and it's still nonsense.

70. The author pointed out that Obama was slavishly following Hoover's policies, and

predicted that he'd reap Hoover's results.

And here we are.

EOTE (12,274 posts)
111. Apparently when an author makes a prediction that later becomes true, he's not being astute.

He's simply being a racist. That he was accurate is merely incidental, that he criticized a black man means that he's racist.

We said Obama was a statist, authoritarian, corrupt Chicago pol...

...and look where that got us.

JW2020 (99 posts)
72. Yeah we should look at Obama's accomplishments in the US Senate

Oh wait, he doesn't have any because as soon as he was sworn in as Senator he immediately began campaigning for President.

Enjoy your stay.

zeemike (11,099 posts)
152. Embrace it or be cast as a Obama hating racist.

It is the only choice, because you are ether with him or against him...
It seems the left wants to adopt the tactics of the right.,,well hell it worked so well for Bush.

vi5 (10,196 posts)
8. You're absolutely right.

Last edited Thu Jun 20, 2013, 08:42 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

I remember the Clinton and Carter presidencies. And nobody on the left criticized them. In fact they were all effusively glowing in their near constant praise of both men at the time of their presidencies. They never criticized them and never accused them of selling out, or moving the party rightward or anything of the sort.

This is all completely new territory, exclusive only to President Obama and it is clearly because he's black and the critics are racist. If only our fellow Democrats and liberals would hold back their criticism like they did for the previous 2 Democratic presidents. But they won't and it's clear that it's only because he's black. They never treated our white Democratic presidents that way at all.

13. Many of us were very, very angry at Clinton

His worship of Wall Street, repeal of Glass-Steagall, unparalleled expansion of devastating "free" trade agreements, etc.

At the time, we were told we were haters, that we should STFU.

And here we are.

35. Elizabeth Warren's long career in the senate 100% depends on supporting Obama. You do realize that,

right?

Do you think BushPaulfamilyinc will give her any bit of speaking time if the party is naderized in the coming years?

Not to mention, what power will Warren have (she who didn't even vote for Jimmy Carter back then), in deciding the
change of SCOTUS from 4 to 5 to 5 to 4 is she is just senator in the minority party, and they pick
another AlitoScaliaRoberts to the court?

Remember, united we stand
divided we fall

and btw, President Obama always looks 20 steps ahead, personally, I think the deck of the crap is being swept clean
so that the next democratic president won't have to deal with this rubbish.

when that happens, remember to thank President Obama for his foresight in seeing steps ahead.

and being that I trust you to really care about Warren, her strength is with the President Obama agenda,
NOT the President Jeb/Paul agenda

just like Dr. King and LBJ worked side by side to ram through the legislation even if it took 100% of his capital to do so,
he did it while others just talked and dreamed of it eventually happening, LBJ did.

ProSense (99,683 posts)
41. More

Many of us were very, very angry at Clinton

His worship of Wall Street, repeal of Glass-Steagall, unparalleled expansion of devastating "free" trade agreements, etc.

At the time, we were told we were haters, that we should STFU.

...red herrings and straw men. No one is saying "STFU."

Criticizing Clinton (or Obama) for specific policies is one thing, trying to negate his entire Presidency by claiming he has done nothing or dismissing most of what he has accomplished is something entirely different.

Do you agree with the point of the diary posted?

I'm curious which Proglodytes have tried to negate Obama's entire presidency.

BTW -- my mole has been very supportive of his presidency. Wall St., the NSA, the IRS...

...all these validate the Tea Party's complaints about invasive government.

Major Hogwash (12,647 posts)
74. Come visit me some time.

I'll learn ya a thing or two about racism and what they think of President Obama.

They said he was a shifty-eyed ****** who lies about everything.
The GOP thrives on hate here.

Some of the state representatives even used that type of language in the state legislature when they were discussing the state's healthcare exchange just this past session!!

And they have said things much worse than that!!!

liar

cali (81,262 posts)
43. This is such garbage:

"Imagine if any of the other Democratic candidates had succeeded Bush, and did half what Obama has done, including passing health care reform. He/she would have been hailed as one of the greatest Presidents ever".

Of course neither of us can prove that either way, which is convenient for you. If Hillary had won, and followed precisely the same policy path as Obama? Are you actually suggesting that she wouldn't get the same kind of criticism? Bullshit. There's masses of evidence to suggest she would have. Same with others.

YOU don't want to deal with the fact that many on the left disagree with the policies of the President. You're so personally invested that that's the sad lens you see through.

Are there people on the left who hate the President? Yes, but they're a minority, just like the shills and apologists and braindead partisans are a minority.

disgusting.

The Link (412 posts)
46. Shit, if Hillary did the exact same things, the criticism would be 10 fold harsher.

Just say, "Affirmative Action President."

You know you want to.

xchrom (91,655 posts)
52. this is, perhaps, the single best example of real Obama Derangement Syndrome ever posted.

well done

ProSense (99,683 posts)
56. You're right

"this is, perhaps, the single best example of real Obama Derangement Syndrome ever posted."

...because that doesn't mean what you think it does, but it's definitely displayed here.

63. +1

If GrahamCrackers agrees with you that pretty much settles all debate.

MuseRider (23,274 posts)
65. Agreed xchrom

Very little pisses me off more than to be called a racist.

I think most people are perfectly aware that it is OK to differ and even dislike a leader in spite of their race, hair color or handedness.

This is absolute bullshit and as offensive as can be.

Welcome to my warren.

82. Where do you live?

If you don't think racism exists, it must be some dream world you've concocted in your head.

Get it?

If you do not agree criticism of Obama is racism then you're denying racism even exists.

Monkie (1,045 posts)
99. some of those complaining about racism also cheerlead the droning of innocent muslims

and manage to do so without their head actually exploding.
racisms is a stain on society, it is disgusting, it must be faced head on, but i for one do not appreciate being smeared with this brush by some of the same people that show no care at all for people who are not americans.

105. Prosense is not cheerleading a damned thing.

Not even the droning of innocent muslims.

Monkie (1,045 posts)
115. i did not mention prosense, why are you speaking for prosense?

it is true that in a topic about the disgusting and illegal use of drones the only thing prosense was interested in was pointing out that bush killed more muslims with drones than obama did, and when called out on this refused to explain or "walk back" or qualify that statement, but prosense is not the only one, there is at least one other person agreeing that criticism of obama is based on racism while at the same time glibly excusing the illegal droning of muslims without seeming to stop and think that muslims are human beings and have the same rights as all of us do, which i think is pretty much text-book racism?

126. Really? It's illegal now? Sez who? YOU!!!

Which I think is pretty Prosense funny since Prosense this isn't about Prosense, but I'm going to Prosense complain about Prosense while denying that I Prosense am talking in a thread started by Prosense that Prosense is racist because Prosense it is illegal because I Prosense said so!!

So, Prosense!!

I guess drones are legal is you're black, a war crime if you're white.

Equality demands different rules.

HardTimes99 (135 posts)
168. Let me be sure I understand: you maintain that the drone strikes are 'legal'? If so, upon what

statutory authority do you base that claim? N.B. That toady-dictator Musharraf is no longer in power and has not been for 5 years.

174. Call your congressman right now!! OMG!!!!!

See what he or she has to tell you, sport.

markiv (726 posts)
66. I always knew that electing the first african american president was proof of how racist

we all are

how?

because everything is proof of that

Enjoy your stay.

Demo_Chris (2,612 posts)
68. When you are forced to attack the imaginary motivations of critics you have nothing left...

President Obama is an extremely charismatic man. He's intelligent, handsome, and a fantastic speaker. Beyond this, if you are a liberal at any rate, there is not much positive to say. The guy is a serial liar, and in every possible way a disaster -- both for our party and for anyone who believes in civil rights and a government restrained by laws. It is becoming increasingly difficult to point to any major policy on which he has not lied, or any liberal position he actually holds.

Simply put, President Obama is W without the smirk. The same motivations, same lies, same disregard for the constitution and civil rights, same indifference to the poor and desperate. That they are virtually identical should come as no surprise; both men work for the same small group of people.

I do not say these things because I am lost in a maze of irratrional hatred for the man. I don't hate him at all. I don't even dislike him. The only bitterness I feel is directed at myself for falling for it.

It won't happen again.

markiv (726 posts)
69. All criticism of Obama should be a hate crime

because we all know that's what it really is

Enjoy your stay.

demwing (11,153 posts)
110. "at least allow others to offer a counterpoint without attacking them..." - Unbelievable!

You have some freaking nerve calling people Haters. Just try applying your own damned principle, I've heard enough bullshit from you to last a life time.

ProSense (99,683 posts)
113. Wait

"'at least allow others to offer a counterpoint without attacking them...' - Unbelievable!"

...you think people who offer a counterpoint should be attacked?

If you agree with the premise of the diary cited in the OP, just say so. I offered my opinion and provided it as an example.

That's not what he said you stupid whore; but you know that. You lie and call people "racist" when they aren't so naturally you lie and say they condone attacks on interlocutors.

DesMoinesDem (432 posts)
154. LOL. You're desperate.

Snowden has completely broken you. It has been fun to watch.

Democracyinkind (2,303 posts)
179. Bulverisms do and not can not explain anything.

Last edited Thu Jun 20, 2013, 10:49 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Philosophy 101.

Someone reads C. S. Lewis more than he reads about proper sentence structure:

http://conservapedia.com/Ezekiel_Bulver

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023052983
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: *swipe* *swipe* *swipe* I think they turned off the race card
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »

just like Dr. King and LBJ worked side by side to ram through the legislation even if it took 100% of his capital to do so,
he did it while others just talked and dreamed of it eventually happening, LBJ did.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I recall a quote by LBJ... it went something like this:

“I’ll have those ******s voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
 â€“ Lyndon B. Johnson
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
So much disunity among them, and yet they succeed at crapping all over things.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »
They are coming apart like a cheap sweater.  While the Tea Party is rolling along like a well oiled machine.  Being universally known as racists has it's advantage since we can concentrate on the important issues.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »

:lmao:

Math is not their strong point is it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »

TD is only  worth 6pts, FG is 3, TD is 2 times better. TD with the 1 point conversion(kick) is 2 and 1/3 better. TD with a 2 point conversion(running the ball instead of kicking it) would be 2 and 2/3 better.

Hello, my name is ColonelCarrots. I have a GED. I hate sports, I hate math, but at least I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
Well done, CC.

I'm just observing all this chaos over there.  Prosense in particular is going  :panic: "I've got to rein these people in!!"  IMO, the biggest obozo cheerleader over there. 

Demo_Chris said
The guy is a serial liar, and in every possible way a disaster

I just wanted to repeat it.  :-)

I notice the Hogwash DUmmie took the opportunity to use the N word. 

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »
I notice the Hogwash DUmmie took the opportunity to use the N word. 

Major Hogwash (12,650 posts)
74. Come visit me some time.

I'll learn ya a thing or two about racism and what they think of President Obama.

They said he was a shifty-eyed ****** who lies about everything.

No love for King Hussein at Major Hogwash's house.

Why the h8, Hogger?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 01:35:39 PM »
I actually had enough trust in American values to see one good aspect of owebuma being elected, and re elected. No one could ever say again with any credibility that white man is keeping the black man down. I thought that racism as a result would go the way of the dodo bird. But I discounted too heavily the libs's ability to hang on to racism with a death grip.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 02:00:22 PM »
I actually had enough trust in American values to see one good aspect of owebuma being elected, and re elected. No one could ever say again with any credibility that white man is keeping the black man down. I thought that racism as a result would go the way of the dodo bird. But I discounted too heavily the libs's ability to hang on to racism with a death grip.

Were you ever wrong.  In their mind, the 60% of eligible voters that didn't vote for O'bumbles are all racists.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »
As a side issue, but somewhat related, we've all heard the saying "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." Good advise.

Now, it seems the primitives have all placed their faith in the Democrat party, and even more specifically Dear Leader. Even the one's who are somewhat less enthusiastic now were all happy and optimistic in 2008, so they're still grouped in with the rest of them, there's no escaping what they did. Even now, they say they'd vote for him again over a Republican (P.T. Barnum strikes again!). Also, anywhere from 90% to 95% of all blacks vote for Democrats.

All eggs, one basket.

Nah, nothing but good can come from doing that.  :loser:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 02:03:50 PM »
Were you ever wrong.  In their mind, the 60% of eligible voters that didn't vote for O'bumbles are all racists.
And racist of me to not realize that !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.