Author Topic: I was checking out at Lowes today with cash and the cashier got teary eyed  (Read 5735 times)

Offline Lord Undies

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3291597

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-15-08 06:06 PM
Original message
I was checking out at Lowes today with cash and the cashier got teary eyed

As I handed her the 40 bucks in legal tender she said me and my husband need to start doing that. She went on that the credit cards were killing her. She said something about 12 grand on one and I said damn thats a lot. She looked down and said that was just the one as if there were others. She said she thought they (her and her husband) were going to need to take a loan out on their house to pay off the cards. Ouch! I didn't know what to say. I said I was sorry and good luck and picked up my stuff and left.

Don
boobooday  (1000+ posts)         Thu May-15-08 06:08 PM
Response to Original message
1. You must have a kind face
Poor thing!

She probably bought something stupid and selfish, like food or medicine, with her plastic.
glowing  (1000+ posts)         Thu May-15-08 06:08 PM
2. Should have told her.. stop paying them.. take all your present money
out of the banks.. and cash all future work checks.. more people need to walk away from the c.c. and move the present banking system out of America faster.
seabeyond  (1000+ posts)         Thu May-15-08 06:10 PM
Response to Reply #2
4. it is stealing. n/t
DrDan  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-15-08 06:16 PM
Response to Reply #2
5. and let those that pay their bills pick up the her debt?
Is that ok with you? The banks will just make up the loss from those that pay their bills.

Joanne98  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-15-08 06:09 PM
3. I wonder what her interest rates were like.

A cashier who cries at the sight of cash.  Wow.  That's like a doctor who cries at the sight of blood.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Bush did it!
Funny how irresponsible brainwashed DUmmys can blame all of their failures on Bush.
I hope she is crushed underneath the weight of her own stupidity.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
You know, this don primitive, this NNNOHLI DUmmie, is sort of a sour-puss, or as the hippies used to say decades ago, "uptight." 

It's nice to see the don primitive's added fiber to his diet, writing a warmly humorous story like that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
You know, this don primitive, this NNNOHLI DUmmie, is sort of a sour-puss, or as the hippies used to say decades ago, "uptight." 

It's nice to see the don primitive's added fiber to his diet, writing a warmly humorous story like that.
Well you know, the old hippies used to say "Never Trust Anyone Over Thirty".
I guess it has really bit them on the ass.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
 :lmao:  rrriiiigggghhhhhhttttttttttttt............t. 'Cause, it ain't like they see cash by blue-collar construction workers EVERY HOUR of EVERY DAY they're open.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jukin

How in the hell does a cashier at Walmart get a 12K limit?

I see balls, lots of balls and they are doing what balls do when dropped, dropped from very high.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline HACKSAW

two points:

1: How can any one have $40 cash in this terrible * economy.

2: Why didn't the compassionate DUmpmonkey offer to give the poor checkout girl the change from the purchase? Sounds to me that the underpaid checkout girl has been exploited by the evil Lowes corporation not to mention the credit card companies.

Come on DUmmies.... You can do better than this!
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
A cashier who cries at the sight of cash.  Wow.  That's like a doctor who cries at the sight of blood.

I actually had one of those. He didn't really cry. He just ran to the other side of the room and refused to get near the blood.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
"I see balls.  Lots of balls" - franksolich
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:52:18 PM by TheSarge »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jtyangel

I see balls, lots of balls and they are doing what balls do when dropped, dropped from very high.

With all due respect, not every cashier at LOWES is a struggling single mother. I worked there just for some extra part time money and there were a few others like me who had spouses who brought home the primary income for the family. We also had generous limits on cards based initially on my credit history and my husband's income. This kind of stereotyping though is why a lot of retail workers get treated like ignorant pieces of sh*t. Some folks do stick to retail just for a little extra cash and because the hours are flexible.

Offline RobJohnson

With all due respect, not every cashier at LOWES is a struggling single mother. I worked there just for some extra part time money and there were a few others like me who had spouses who brought home the primary income for the family. We also had generous limits on cards based initially on my credit history and my husband's income. This kind of stereotyping though is why a lot of retail workers get treated like ignorant pieces of sh*t. Some folks do stick to retail just for a little extra cash and because the hours are flexible.

Very true Jetty....

I have had retail jobs myself.

As for the DU tale........

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Actually, at one point, there was at least one millionaire working at every Home Depot in the country. Usually the older guys and gals who had been there from the start and were stock-full of stock options. Not like the job is hard or anything.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

Very true Jetty....

I have had retail jobs myself.

As for the DU tale........

I forgot to mention college students and teenagers too. I knew very few people I'd qualify as 'losers'. Most either made retail a living by moving up in the ranks or were just in transitional employment while they went to school, raised children, looked for better paying work, etc.

Offline RobJohnson

I agree again jty...

Been there done that....have worked retail in the winters when I could not get a pay check selling cars...

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Fwiw I could almost buy a house with the available credit I have on cards in my name.
Would live there about a month and then be thrown out for not being able to pay the finance charge.
Credit extended on cards has little bearing with the amount that one earns so it is up to the individual to manage them responsibly.

There is that word again...responsible...something that no DUmmy posseses and for the most part the very word is like a cross to a vampire to them.

As for the story itself it is all nonsense,have worked in retail businesses (automotive and agricultural parts sales) for 20 years and you don`t even think about something like that unless you are a snivelling pity me sort.
Every store is different as is the business of any moment but usually a cashier is either looking to get you checked out so they can continue the conversation they were having with another cashier or they are simply on autopilot keeping the checkout line moving.

If this lady is giving her woe is me life story to every customer that comes through she won`t be employed there for very long which no doubt will be the cause of another stupid life is unfair thread.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Balls, Lots and lots of balls.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline stickyboot

If this lady is giving her woe is me life story to every customer that comes through she won`t be employed there for very long which no doubt will be the cause of another stupid life is unfair thread.

My first reaction was that the DUmmy just made up the whole story to get a point across.

But if there is such a person working at a Lowe's, it occurs to me that financial disaster via maxing out the credit cards is only one of her problems. Don't even need one finger of one hand to count the times I ever told a stranger the most private details of my life in a work setting!
'

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.

My first reaction was that the DUmmy just made up the whole story to get a point across.

But if there is such a person working at a Lowe's, it occurs to me that financial disaster via maxing out the credit cards is only one of her problems. Don't even need one finger of one hand to count the times I ever told a stranger the most private details of my life in a work setting!
'

Don't worry, I doubt this tearful yet loquacious cashier even exists outside the DUmmy's fevered imagination.

One bong, since she didn't even blame Boooosh for her predicament.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jukin

OK my bad, sorry.  I will move to the next part of my argument, how do you spend 12,000 dollars without thinking that is going to bite you? Is there any self-restraint left or should those of us that plan and sacrifice to buy things pay for the **** up of these people too?  Choices USED to mean consequences.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Let's see if I have this right. Some cashier tells a stranger how much debt she has. :not:

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline dutch508

• Remember

Hi-Five.

not for the comments, but for the boobie avatar.

:naughty:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

So, the cashier is so poor and downtrodden that she may have to take out a second mortgage on the house she owns? Oh the ****ing horror.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Lowes now does credit checks on potential employees....or so I've been told.  Their reasoning is that folks with extreme debt have shown to be more likely to steal from the company...again, so I've been told.

If the above is true, the DUmmie is lying.   :thatsright:  nevermind.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Balls, Lots and lots of balls.

Why do I find this somewhat...........................disturbing.  :-)

The DUmmies are really getting lazy, they don't even try anymore.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Taxman

The cashier didn't have tears because of the cash...the tears were because the DUmmie smelled so bad because he/she/it hadn't showered in the past year.