Author Topic: brain-damaged primitive has quibble with the IRS  (Read 3981 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
brain-damaged primitive has quibble with the IRS
« on: October 21, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2145553

Oh my.

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Wed Oct-19-11 11:05 AM
Original message

The IRS

Earlier this year I was notified by Sony that my identification credentials may have been compromised because their on-line game system was hacked. Being that I hadn't been involved with them since playing a trial of Conan a lot of years ago I didn't sweat it. But the notifications kept coming from them to take precautions,blah blah blah. So I did.

I posted a credit hold on all three of my credit reports and oh by the way, got a free copy of my credit report for doing so. And on the last page I saw it, an IRS tax levy for multiple tens of thousands of dollars. I nearly had a panic attack because I had no clue as to what was going on. So in May I took a vacation day, and went down to the IRS office (since you can't speak to anyone on the phone unless you get the super secret phone number because YOU owe them money.) to find out what's going on.

Turns out, my 2004 (TWO THOUSAND AND FOUR) tax return never made it to the IRS. And what was amazing was instead of sending notices to the last address from my 2003 tax return, which would have been forwarded to my new address in 2005, they sent the notices of being late and where is your return, and we're going to get you to a post office box I never owned or was associated with. Now, you can only claim refunds going back three years, but the IRS can get you for back taxes for seven years. In November of 2010 the IRS filed the tax levy (meaning they think I owe them but they hadn't garnished any assets yet) still sending notices to the PO box I never owned, and even though they kept getting 'not at this address' from the post office, they never gave up.

Leaving the office I was completely panicked. I didn't know if I had any of my files left from 2004, and the accountant who did my taxes that year was long ago out of business, so I was between a rock and a fireplace. I received a certified notice on September 8th that on October 8th they were going to file to attach any property I own and any salary I made and oh by the way I could go to the hearing in Rochester NY. (By this time you have to imagine how I felt). Here I am 60, one of the working poor, I have to decide each week between food and medicine, and they want $30+ thousand dollars or I'm basically dead. I live in an apartment, I am paying for my car, my IRA is long gone, and our new health-care (?) plan at work now costs $126 a week for ME and my medicine co-pays went up 50% and anything we do now has a 20% co-pay (ownership is not very pleasant).

I got them to give me another month, actually till tomorrow to find someone to recreate my 2004 return. I had found my copy of the 2004 return showing I lost money and owned no taxes, but I no longer had the documentation attached. I went through dozens of boxes of files and finally found some of the 2004 receipts and journals. It was something, but now I had another problem. No one wanted to help. 20 accounts, no one had software to do 2004. I'm screwed royally now. Two weeks ago I'm in an absolute panic when I talked to a friend to turned me on to his accountant. I met with them last Thursday.They would help as best they could, but his 'help' wasn't going to come cheap. $800 to recreate my 2004 tax return. And I have $134 in the bank.

He let me pick the return up yesterday. I gave him $100, had to pledge to give him $200 a moth for the next three months plus a final payment of $100 at 22% interest annual or he would sue me if I didn't pay him. What a great guy. And to top it off, I wound up owing over $8000 still. We couldn't find the last quarter of 2004 and a few credit card statements I needed for expenses. Jesus it's SEVEN YEARS AGO and the IRS wants mu blood from a stone.

I called the IRS last night, and talking to the agent I finally broke down, the nightmare isn't over. Once they get the returns, they'll cancel the levy and re-calculate the fines and penalties for being late and I'll have to work out a payment plan for the rest of my life. And that's on a net of about $50 a week after all of my expenses. And trust me, I have no more luxuries in my life, even Netflix is gone. My life officially sucks. I can't even give my beautiful daughter a Christmas present this year. And they won't give me a raise at work. A measly $100 a week, yet they hire 'managers' at the drop of a hat. I mailed the return this morning.

We're not GE. They will do it to any of us. God only knows why my return got lost in the first place. the IRS made a number of mistakes, and why they decided to come after me for this on the last day before the 7 years expired is beyond my understanding. Maybe the one agent I talked to last month said it all. "We have to get it from somewhere", and when you can't afford a lawyer or tax expert, or GE, they get it from us.

Thanks for reading.

"between a rock and a fireplace"--now, that's a nadism for sure.

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Wed Oct-19-11 06:04 PM
Response to Reply #6

11. (sigh) this was from when I operated my own IT service 7 years ago

Withing two years of starting my business I was undercut so much by the H1B visa insourcing firms I had to fold up shop, and my market was Auto dealers. At one point because of my familiarity with their business models and software, I was getting $95 dollars an hour and on call 7 days a week, but when you have to compete with a ****ing scab offering to do what you do for $15 and hour within four hours of being called, I was out of business by 2006. And people wonder why I hate our jobs lost to the out/insourcing H1B visa workers. A couple of those dealers still call trying to get me to work on the side because they learned their lesson, but I have a non-compete where I work so I can't enhance my meager salary........

Sixty years old, and the guy calls dogs "goggies."

Anyway, a lot of primitive sympathy at this campfire; well worth rowing over to Skins's island to see.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: brain-damaged primitive has quibble with the IRS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:03:27 PM »
"They"?

I wonder if DB is in favor of government-controlled health care.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »
"They"?

These idiots seem to be of the mindset that flashing their Club Lib card will move them to the head of the line and gold tier service, nothing like what us ugly rethuglicans will be subject to.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »
Ah, the cost of doing business.  This is what the DUmmies will NEVER understand.  You either include the costs in your business or you go OUT of business.

If DB owes the money it is because DB wasn't PAYING the taxes as he went along.  He was screwing ALL OF US!

What a loser.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 04:17:18 PM »
"They"?

the IRS made a number of mistakes

Exactly what I was thinking, if he thinks a screw up by the IRS is bad news wait until they screw up his medical care. Instead of "my life sucks" it will be "my life sucks and I'm waiting for life saving surgery while sitting here playing Conan in excruciating pain"
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »
Man! I just love reading about DUmbasses getting screwed! Freudenschade!

Of course it's all a lie. If he's being clobbered by IRS, it's because he's a tax criminal.

No one in prison is guilty, and they've all found Jesus, you know.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
If you use TurboTax you receive a confirmation that the IRS has accepted your return...just sayin'.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Wed Oct-19-11 11:05 AM
Original message

The IRS

Turns out, my 2004 (TWO THOUSAND AND FOUR) tax return never made it to the IRS. And what was amazing was instead of sending notices to the last address from my 2003 tax return, which would have been forwarded to my new address in 2005...
Wrong, DUmbass. 
USPS forwards your mail for 1 year, THEN it is returned to the sender, WITH YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS, for an additional 6 months.  After that, you're SOL!
...they sent the notices of being late and where is your return, and we're going to get you to a post office box I never owned or was associated with.
You have to have a physical address and a picture ID to open a PO box, and at $40/year, the Postal Service isn't gonna waste it's time putting mail in a dead PO box.  The IRS (along with state and local tax departments) sends address request forms out to the Post Office at the last known address of the person in question, where it is reviewed by the postmaster.  (Our office gets 3 or more of them everyday, for everything from delinquent taxes to nonpayment of child support.)
SO, DUmmie, you lie again! 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 07:17:26 PM »
Failure to file will not incur tax, penalty and interest if your tax liability is zero. $8k owed to the IRS and he is poor. I don't think so.He was probably skimming and the IRS caught up with his dumb ass. Either that or he is lying out of his eye teeth.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:19:06 PM »
He was probably skimming and the IRS caught up with his dumb ass. Either that or he is lying out of his eye teeth.

I think it's actually both, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »
I hope DaneBramaged will join with me know in demanding a simpler tax code and the end of the IRS, which treats everyone as guilty until proven innocent.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
Someone with search at Skin's island do me a favor if you can.  The Dainbramaged primitive claimed on a recent thread (within a month) that he currently made $104K/year.  Now this:

Quote from:
DainBramaged

Here I am 60, one of the working poor, I have to decide each week between food and medicine, ... I live in an apartment, I am paying for my car, my IRA is long gone, ...

I wish I had copied it when I saw it, but it was one of those "how much do you make a year" threads they do to try and impress each other.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 08:04:55 PM »
If you use TurboTax you receive a confirmation that the IRS has accepted your return...just sayin'.

I think we just discovered Tim Geithner's DU name.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »
Someone with search at Skin's island do me a favor if you can.  The Dainbramaged primitive claimed on a recent thread (within a month) that he currently made $104K/year.  Now this:

I wish I had copied it when I saw it, but it was one of those "how much do you make a year" threads they do to try and impress each other.

Okay, I'm running around looking for it, sir.

But for the meantime, I found this:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8796991

It's a campfire from May 2009, dealing with the brain-damaged primitive's mother's passing.

I'm sure much more recently than that, the brain-damaged primitive's claimed his mother is still in this time and place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 08:16:46 PM »
I'm still looking, but in the meantime found this:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8759303

It's from May 2009, the brain-damaged primitive having his 58th birthday.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »
Still looking, culling through 434,000 results (the brain-damaged primitive has 20,000+ posts on Skins's island).

Last July, he admitted to being 5'11" and weighing 240 pounds.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 08:28:56 PM »
As of May 2008, the brain-damaged primitive alleges to have had two brain tumors removed the preceding seven years.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 08:31:13 PM »
As of May 2008, the brain-damaged primitive alleges to have had two brain tumors removed the preceding seven years.
If so, they took a lot of the surrounding tissue as well.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 08:31:59 PM »
In March 2005, the brain-damaged primitive had significant landlord-tenant problems.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x2745843
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 08:37:39 PM »
I'm blind in one eye and less than 10% hearing in one ear.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1499166
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 08:43:10 PM »
Is it on the same side?

Don't play with dynamite, kids.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4636504

From December 2008:

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Fri Dec-12-08 08:00 AM
Original message

To all of the cheap labor pretenders here, thanks for paying for my food stamps, unemployment

housing subsidy, SSDI (because I AM going to claim permanent disability) all because you support crushing the American Labor movement. Let's see how you feel about supporting me for the rest of my life while you drive around in your Japanese cars.

After which there's some fisticuffs between the brain-damaged primitive and the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive, and the michreject primitive, who the brain-damaged primitive has on "ignore."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 08:54:51 PM »
Sorry, USA4ME, but after going through a hundred or so pages of the brain-damaged primitive's comments, I'm not finding it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 09:02:38 PM »
11. (sigh) this was from when I operated my own IT service 7 years ago

Withing two years of starting my business I was undercut so much by the H1B visa insourcing firms I had to fold up shop,

So he would have been at least 50-something years old when he tried starting his own IT business, and was charging $90+/hour.  Much cheaper and wiser to higher some self taught "kid" to handle the jobs that a car dealership would require. Still, for some reason, DB like many other DUmmies like to rail against the H1-B visa holders. 

Can someone explain to me why it is perfectly fine for uneducated , illegal immigrants to sneak across the border and take low paying jobs, but jobs none the less, but it's wrong for a legal immigrant to jump through the hoops and get a decent paying job?

This shows the DUmmies racism as much as anything they do. Immigrants are fine for working jobs like slaves, but they don't deserve good paying jobs.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 09:19:58 PM »
The Scarecrow sends a message:

"I could wile away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a ....."
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.