Author Topic: proud2BlibKansan's hubby lies about his Vietnam service too, no biggie  (Read 3913 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: proud2BlibKansan's hubby lies about his Vietnam service too, no biggie
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 09:39:54 PM »
crockspot was a classic, both at our old home and here.

I'm sure however he's still laughing at the primitives with us, but from the Eternal Time and Place, not here.

Well, here's to Crockspot.   :cheersmate:  I do miss him. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 10:26:52 PM »
That is why I've never understood the mentality that drives people to embellish accounts of their service. Everyone who takes the oath does so with the knowledge that regardless of their job, they may one day be called on to place themselves in harms way and they stand ready to do so, at least in an all-voluntary military. The fact that one served and served honorably is enough to be worthy of respect. Of course those who were assigned to combat areas or otherwise distinguished themselves are due additional honors, but all have sacrificed something for their country. It was a privilege for me to serve and I expect nothing in return from the average citizen, not even a thank you for that matter. Just don't actively besmirch my service or work against my fellow veterans who are currently facing the fire. Both of those things, however, are specialties of the DUmbasses.

:clap:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 09:46:09 AM »
Wow.  It was a little startling seeing this pop up this morning. 

I almost commented on this yesterday but was short on time.  Today I just couldn't resist because well... :rotf: Oh, never mind.  :naughty:

< watch this space for coming distractions >