Author Topic: proud2BlibKansan's hubby lies about his Vietnam service too, no biggie  (Read 3920 times)

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8358326

This is choice material. She starts in at post number 4 and just digs her grave deeper and deeper. To their credit, several DUmmies are appalled.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Value-added kick

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 08:43 AM
Response to Original message
2. Sounds like he said "in" when he should have said "during"

But of course since he's a Democrat this is a most grievous error.

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 08:45 AM
Response to Reply #1
4. My DH served during the Vietnam War but never went to Vietnam

and often says "in Vietnam" when referring to his time in the army.

This is silly, IMO.

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 08:50 AM
Response to Reply #9
13. All I see is using the word "in" instead of "during"

As I said, my DH often does the same thing. I haven't followed this issue and never even heard of this guy before this morning. But yes, I think this is silly. And I wonder if he was a Republican if this would be getting any play at all.

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 08:57 AM
Response to Reply #20
22. Dear Husband

Edited on Tue May-18-10 08:58 AM by proud2BlibKansan
And he's not lying. Many vets refer to serving in a war when they were stateside during the war.

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 09:13 AM
Response to Reply #30
33. And I have heard different

Maybe it's a regional thing. Like Arkansaw or ArKANsas. :)

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 09:01 AM
Response to Reply #18
23. But they all served

That's the point. If you were lucky enough to get into the Guard, you didn't have to go to Nam. But I don't quibble when a veteran says he served "in" a war. Like I said, my DH stayed here in the states but his service was important to the army and important to the soldiers who were actually in Vietnam. So if he says he served "in" Vietnam, he is not being dishonest.

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 09:10 AM
Response to Reply #26
29. My DH is most definitely considered a Vietnam veteran

He was in intelligence so you can argue that his work here in the US likely saved a few American soldiers' lives in that war.

Not all soldiers are in the war zone. They don't have to be there to be commended for their service.

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 10:14 AM
Response to Reply #34
47. Well my DH isn't running for office so . . .

Just when you thought you couldn't have any less respect for her, she plumbs the depths.

Offline thundley4

Value-added kick

Just when you thought you couldn't have any less respect for her, she plumbs the depths.

I was quite surprised to see her getting her ass served to her in that thread.

Offline djones520

proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 09:10 AM
Response to Reply #26
29. My DH is most definitely considered a Vietnam veteran

He was in intelligence so you can argue that his work here in the US likely saved a few American soldiers' lives in that war.

Not all soldiers are in the war zone. They don't have to be there to be commended for their service.

She's right to a degree.  I'm considered "deployed in place" at my current assignment.  Over the last year I've breifed at least 1,000 missions flying in and out of OIF/OEF.  Even though I'm in Illinois, I'm directly supporting the war effort.

Now whether or not her husband actually did anything to aid the effort in Vietnam, I can't say.  The military was a lot differant back then, and I don't know how they broke their stuff down.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Alpha Mare

Gee, Anne, makes you wonder what else he lies about, doesn't it? Probably not, since you think it's ok to lie if you're a "D" or not running for office.  :loser:
No one says "I was IN Vietnam" unless they want you to believe they were actually IN Vietnam.  How many horrible war stories has he spewed at Camp Casey?
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I am, however barely, classified as a Viet Nam ERA vet, and not being Tom Harkin or some other variation of Democrat liar (Redundant as that may be), it would never occur to me to claim to be a Viet Nam vet, nor ever, EVER use the phrase 'In Viet Nam' in talking about myself.  I've been on active duty and played a supporting role in quite a number of conflicts and their named operations since, but the only one where I was actually in theater and collecting combat pay was OIF, that is the only one for which I actually claim to be a war vet, and that's the way everyone else I know looks at it as well.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Some consider me an Iraq war vet because I deployed to the Persian Gulf. We were sending birds into theater but I was on the ship. I have both GWOT campaign ribbons but my role was support not combat. I will never compare myself to those who were on the ground.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue May-18-10 09:01 AM
Response to Reply #18
23. But they all served

That's the point. If you were lucky enough to get into the Guard, you didn't have to go to Nam...

This is the kind of bullshit they use to justify their hatred of Bush. No basis in fact they just wanted to use it as a rhetorical cudgel to exalt 3-band-aids-and-I'm-out over Bush.

Of course they threw that one out as soon as Obama started lying to their stupid faces but now this scrunt wants to use it to claim absolute moral authority for her husband so he can be used to apologize for a democrat liar.

Their morals are, if nothing else, convenient.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
She's right to a degree.  I'm considered "deployed in place" at my current assignment.  Over the last year I've breifed at least 1,000 missions flying in and out of OIF/OEF.  Even though I'm in Illinois, I'm directly supporting the war effort.

Now whether or not her husband actually did anything to aid the effort in Vietnam, I can't say.  The military was a lot differant back then, and I don't know how they broke their stuff down.

Still won't get you a membership in the VFW.  Legion, you're GTG.

Our local moonbat Congresscritter likes to pimp her "Vietnam-era" (de-emphasizing the "era" part) to give the mistaken impression she's BTDT like all the other Army wives.  Truth is, her hubby spent TWO years at Fitzsimmons AMC in Colorado, never deployed, and never went TAD.  If either one of them (Che-Porter and hubby) ever claimed he was a Vietnam vet, there are more than a few REAL VN vets around here who would play speedbag with his nuts and throw her to the wolves.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
I am, however barely, classified as a Viet Nam ERA vet, and not being Tom Harkin or some other variation of Democrat liar (Redundant as that may be), it would never occur to me to claim to be a Viet Nam vet, nor ever, EVER use the phrase 'In Viet Nam' in talking about myself.  I've been on active duty and played a supporting role in quite a number of conflicts and their named operations since, but the only one where I was actually in theater and collecting combat pay was OIF, that is the only one for which I actually claim to be a war vet, and that's the way everyone else I know looks at it as well.   

Concur--I was on AD during Desert Storm, but I have never, will never, refer to myself as an Desert Shield/Desert Storm vet.  I wasn't in the sandbox, therefore I don't get to make the claim.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
If her husband knew what she was spewing he'd be mortified...right before he knocked her out. The woman is the poster child for why God didn't make women the head of the family...sheesh.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Alpha Mare

God didn't make women the head of the family...sheesh.

Cindie

Um, I didn't get that memo.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
That's one of the worst spins I've ever seen attempted, and coming from the babblingsister primitive it doesn't surprise me.  That Blumenthal character made it quite clear he wanted his resume to read that he served in Vietnam and that he personally commanded Rambo and Forest Gump.  The primitives need to do a better job of picking which circumstances warrent inventing the lies they want to tell.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Concur--I was on AD during Desert Storm, but I have never, will never, refer to myself as an Desert Shield/Desert Storm vet.  I wasn't in the sandbox, therefore I don't get to make the claim.

Here's one for you--I had a discussion with the NYS Dept of Civil Service back quite a few years ago, who pointed out that because my ETS date was after the Desert Storm hostilities started, I was entitled to get vets' credits on any one Civil Service test I took for NYS.  I told them that I had problems with that, as I was on terminal leave then.  They told me that it didn't matter.  I eventually took the credits, but to get out of the lab, where I was up against the ceiling for those without graduate-level degrees.  Still mystifies me as to why NYS ruled that way.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ConservativeMobster

So if during the Vietnam "era", since it was draftees doing the fighting in country, that makes them vets?  Don't exactly know what I'm trying to say so don't jump on me with both feet, k?  Trying to understand the difference between enlisted, draftees and guardsmen in that war.  Seems to me that if you enlisted in guard duty you were pretty much assuring that you wouldn't see combat making you "support" and not neccessarily out of it by today's standards.  Unless of course there were some deferments in there somewhere as in the case of this politician...and Clinton.
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline thundley4

So if during the Vietnam "era", since it was draftees doing the fighting in country, that makes them vets?  Don't exactly know what I'm trying to say so don't jump on me with both feet, k?  Trying to understand the difference between enlisted, draftees and guardsmen in that war.  Seems to me that if you enlisted in guard duty you were pretty much assuring that you wouldn't see combat making you "support" and not neccessarily out of it by today's standards.  Unless of course there were some deferments in there somewhere as in the case of this politician...and Clinton.

A Vietnam vet served in Vietnam, a Vietnam era vet was in the military, but never served in Vietnam. IMO

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
I've been told that I qualify as a Viet Nam ERA vet, but I claim NO association with it. (I still question that, but whatever) :clueless:  I DO claim association with Desert Shield/ Storm because I was there, dodging underwater mines and scuds. (WE didn't dodge one mine quite so well) I was in direct support of the Grenada mission, but I wasn't there, either. Liars are just that, liars.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
I'm listed in my V.A. records as a "Vietnam Era" veteran even though I didn't enlist until August of 1975. I wouldn't dream of calling myself a Vietnam vet or say I was "in Vietnam". That would be ridiculous.

proud2BlibKansan's husband is a scumbag liar just like she is.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I would never claim that I had been in Desert Storm.  I still feel uncomfortable saying I was a Desert Storm-era vet.  That's why I went to NYS DCS and aksed them about it, after they told me that I could do that.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I DO claim association with Desert Shield/ Storm because I was there, dodging underwater mines and scuds. (WE didn't dodge one mine quite so well)

That sounds like it was a really bad day at the ol' office.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
So, to recap --

GW Bush in TANG, not serving directly overseas = Chickenhawk

R. Cheney had five deferments and never served = Chickenhawk

A.G. Blumenthal in National Guard after getting five Deferments and never saw combat - and AFAIK, never left the United States = Vietnam war hero.

Sounds like liberalspeak to me....

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
dandi, I enlisted Feb 75 and went on active duty in July.

DAT, yes, it was. One mine detonated with three more underneath that didn't. The minesweeping boats earned their pay that day.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline zeitgeist

As has been said on more than one occasion, "When in doubt, whip it out" (the DD214 that is).

It will end all speculation.  

In Block 22 of mine it states in Block C, Foreign and or Sea Service,  01 09 00.  In Block 16 C  DOE (on active duty) was 26 FEB 71

To this day I thank God and my Uncle Sam for that time I spent in Puerto Rico. On the day I shipped more than half the guys on the day list with me at Newport were not so lucky.  A few ended up going to Nam, others on that day list to the Cruiser Little Rock (AKA The Acid Rock but that is another story).  I was the only Preferred Oversea Tour Shore Duty on the list. :drunksailor:  

FWIW It was not unusual to hear cries of "Yankee Go Home"  at night from the local commies, a mostly harmless bunch if you didn't wander into the wrong neighborhoods.

Proud2blib is just that a typical lib. They will probably have to screw her into the ground as my mother use to say.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:33:41 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
But when Bush went to the Guard he was going "AWOL" from Vietnam. lol

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
I was in Viet Nam before I wasn't in Viet Nam.....or something like that.

Liberal think gives me a headache.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin