Author Topic: Problem with splitting the country into Red & Blue is that they would invade us  (Read 4469 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
It'd be just too damn easy!

Tell me how this is a problem . . .  :uhsure:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Tell me how this is a problem . . .  :uhsure:

I at least give ground squirrels a chance by shootin' 'em at 200 yds! The way liberals bunch together, it'd be worse than shootin' fish in a barrel!

Where's the sporting chance?

ETA: ( I guess we could use "over the shoulder boulder holders", in order to give 'em a chance... )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:44:17 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I at least give ground squirrels a chance by shootin' 'em at 200 yds! The way liberals bunch together, it'd be worse than shootin' fish in a barrel!

Where's the sporting chance?

ETA: ( I guess we could use "over the shoulder boulder holders", in order to give 'em a chance... )

But you know that they would give us a similar chance.  :whatever:  Turnabout is fair play.  So, once again, tell me where this is a problem . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
But you know that they would give us a similar chance.  :whatever:  Turnabout is fair play.  So, once again, tell me where this is a problem . . .  :tongue:

I'd love for 'em to give me a "chance"! Right now, mending from having a Doctor up to his elbows in my abdominal cavity, it would allow me to take out a few frustrations!

Besides, I'm of the opinion if you walked up to a dozen of 'em and yelled BOO!, they'd scatter like mice under a hay bale when you turn it over!

I actually fail to see how they could injure us, but you're right, if they could, they'd stab us in the back every time, then run away, so we could see the yellow stripe that runs down their back! The only difference between a skunk and a DUmmie is the color of the stripe!

...for you lurkers, a hammer short of a sack, it means y'all are frikkin' cowards!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Walter Williams weighs in on the issue:

http://townhall.com/columnists/WalterEWilliams/2010/04/07/parting_company

Here's the question asked in my September 2000 column titled "It's Time To Part Company": "If one group of people prefers government control and management of people's lives and another prefers liberty and a desire to be left alone, should they be required to fight, antagonize one another, risk bloodshed and loss of life in order to impose their preferences or should they be able to peaceably part company and go their separate ways?"

The problem that our nation faces is very much like a marriage where one partner has broken, and has no intention of keeping, the marital vows. Of course, the marriage can remain intact and one party tries to impose his will on the other and engage in the deviousness of one-upsmanship. Rather than submission by one party or domestic violence, a more peaceable alternative is separation.

I believe we are nearing a point where there are enough irreconcilable differences between those Americans who want to control other Americans and those Americans who want to be left alone that separation is the only peaceable alternative. Just as in a marriage, where vows are broken, our human rights protections guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution have been grossly violated by a government instituted to protect them. The Democrat-controlled Washington is simply an escalation of a process that has been in full stride for at least two decades. There is no evidence that Americans who are responsible for and support constitutional abrogation have any intention of mending their ways.

<snip>

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
The Great Fall may just be the impetus to give us that separation.

Give the leftists California, Seattle, New England and wall them off.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Aristus  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Apr-05-10 06:10 PM
Response to Original message
12. If Right-Wing Nation X tried to invade Liberal Nation, I can envision every progressive nation

in the world coming over to help us out. Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, New Zealand, etc

You can hope BUTT what you and your burnt-out hippie comrades would soon find out is that your imaginary liberal friends in Canada, France, etc. have ZERO interest in getting killed while defending a bunch of old burnt-out stoner hippie Americans.
Thus your Saturday Matinee revolution would be extremely short lived.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Walter Williams weighs in on the issue:

http://townhall.com/columnists/WalterEWilliams/2010/04/07/parting_company

Here's the question asked in my September 2000 column titled "It's Time To Part Company": "If one group of people prefers government control and management of people's lives and another prefers liberty and a desire to be left alone, should they be required to fight, antagonize one another, risk bloodshed and loss of life in order to impose their preferences or should they be able to peaceably part company and go their separate ways?"

The problem that our nation faces is very much like a marriage where one partner has broken, and has no intention of keeping, the marital vows. Of course, the marriage can remain intact and one party tries to impose his will on the other and engage in the deviousness of one-upsmanship. Rather than submission by one party or domestic violence, a more peaceable alternative is separation.

I believe we are nearing a point where there are enough irreconcilable differences between those Americans who want to control other Americans and those Americans who want to be left alone that separation is the only peaceable alternative. Just as in a marriage, where vows are broken, our human rights protections guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution have been grossly violated by a government instituted to protect them. The Democrat-controlled Washington is simply an escalation of a process that has been in full stride for at least two decades. There is no evidence that Americans who are responsible for and support constitutional abrogation have any intention of mending their ways.

<snip>

doc

We may just have to go the Texas route and shoot the philanderer to end the marriage.  :-)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
[youtube=425,350]9BAM9fgV-ts[/youtube]

::)
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."