Author Topic: Problem with splitting the country into Red & Blue is that they would invade us  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8093216

quinnox  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-05-10 05:31 PM
Original message
The problem with splitting the United States into two countries

Edited on Mon Apr-05-10 05:34 PM by quinnox
I have been thinking about this, how the country has been so sharply divided between the republicans and the Democrats, its almost become violent. The Tea baggers keep egging people on and they want to have a revolution apparently.

I think both sides can agree, we don't like the other, we don't need them. So I would be pleased to have a country full of liberals and progressives and all those who lean towards this ideal like Greens and other small elements on the left.

And the republicans would have their own country and their right wing militia extremists, neo nazis and the KKK and so on, all those people who sympathize with the right.

But it would at first seem like a paradise for those on the left. No more idiotic right wingers to deal with in our congress. Universal government run health care. A living wage for everyone. New and vigorous help for the downtrodden in the society like the homeless and drug addicts. Basically a society that cares about the people, not just the rich.

Here is the problem, the big issue... the right wing country would see they are a giant failure compared to the economic success and the high standard of living the liberal country would no doubt enjoy, and they would invade our liberal paradise!

The right wing country would have abject poverty, illiteracy would go up, economic well being would fall rapidly and most everyone would live a poor meager existence except for a handful at the very top, and they would live like a King does in Saudi Arabia.

So they would do the only thing they know how to do well and that is make guns and build an army to try and take us over to steal our resources and our success!

That is why I think ultimately the United States divided into two countries would fail, a war between the two countries would begin started by the right wingers who would be living in misery in their country.

We would invade and enslave you.

Ozymanithrax  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-05-10 05:47 PM
Response to Original message
4. You can't have a country full of liberals or conservatives...

Demographic studies show every place in the U.S.A a blend. In some areas, the left has an advantage of numbers. In other , the right. No matter how you decide to draw the line, you will have a lot of people pissed off and quite possibly willing to do something violent.

I suspect any breakup of he U.S.A. will be violent, and the various nations will be itching to expand their control.

Cleita  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-05-10 05:55 PM
8. I think it would be good to break up the power structure.

Right now so much power is centered in Washington that there is no way to challenge it. What if there was another nation to the West founded on similar principles but controlling the same amount of wealth and military might? Not a Tea Party country or a hippie country, but one split up the middle on the continental divide containing elements of both. I think clowns like the PNACers and their preemptive wars, torture and laissez faire economic policies would be more hesitant to throw their weight around the world if there was a neighbor on their border that didn't approve of their fascism and maybe could ally with Canada to put on some leverage to help keep the Eastern USA in place.

KonaKane  (893 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-05-10 05:58 PM
9. I've thought for some time that we need to split into five countries

At least. There is a cultural/political affinity that unites those basic five areas, which are roughly New England, The South, The Mid West, The Northwest coast and the Southwest.

The south forms an allegiance with the SW and take over the rest of the US and enslave them.

Aristus  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-05-10 06:10 PM
12. If Right-Wing Nation X tried to invade Liberal Nation, I can envision every progressive nation

in the world coming over to help us out. Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, New Zealand, etc. I think socially conservative nations like India and Mexico would help us out due to support for democracy (do you really think right-wing nation X will be a democracy?). Right-wing, right-leaning and libertarian nations like Finland, Poland, Italy, etc. would not help out R-WNX unless they could be guaranteed a win. Either Israel or Saudi Arabia would come to the rescue of R-WNX, but not both together. And if Israel did use their military forces in support of R-WNX, the entire Arab world would either remain neutral, or help us out.

You really think so.  :rotf:

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-05-10 06:18 PM
15. this is just stupid.

seriously wanking stupid.

I really think that Cali, with half a brain, is the intellectual leader on the island.

butterfly77  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Apr-05-10 08:27 PM
24. Once all that happens...

Edited on Mon Apr-05-10 08:33 PM by butterfly77
then some of their citizens would be begging to our part. The rest of the nuts would be trying to overthrow our country..

And enslave you.

Another one of their drug induced fantasies.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Here is the problem, the big issue... the right wing country would see they are a giant failure compared to the economic success and the high standard of living the liberal country would no doubt enjoy, and they would invade our liberal paradise!
:lmao: oh god... my sides... :lmao:

Because California and Michigan are doing so well, everyone in the country is flocking to other places like Texas and Tennessee.  :rofl:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline chitownchica

I'll be back in Texas pronto if this ever happens. 

Is someone developing money growing trees in their hydroponic powered basement?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
The very first thing I read on conservativecave tonight, and I'm stunned into utter wordlessness at the stupidity.

Just speechless.

I open the mouth, and no words come out.

Stupified.

No words.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

I'll be back in Texas pronto if this ever happens.  

Is someone developing money growing trees in their hydroponic powered basement?

I'd get back to Tennessee. I do have a residence there.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:12:02 PM by Tucker »
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
I just don't know where to begin with teh stupid.  It is everywhere.  And a phenomenal read.  I needed a laugh.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
If Texas decides to secede, I'm all in.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline YupItsMe

Quote from: DummieSupreme

:lmao: oh god... my sides... :lmao:

Because California and Michigan are doing so well, everyone in the country is flocking to other places like Texas and Tennessee.  :rofl:

I saw this same quote and almost thought it had to be a mole.  Amazing stuff.  Pretty early in the month, Quinnox must've spent the gub'mint check on some really good stuff.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
If Obama's America is anything like this fool's liberal utopia, they're welcome to it.  Double-digit unemployment, rising taxes, out of control spending, and fear about what the government will do to you next?  No thanks.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
  I saw this same quote and almost thought it had to be a mole.  Amazing stuff.  Pretty early in the month, Quinnox must've spent the gub'mint check on some really good stuff.

How much is gummint cheese worth in a barter economy?  I've heard it's good stuff, but I've dealt with scammers on SSDI... on a good day, your food stamps are worth 75% of their face value in cash. 

Offline Alpha Mare

Here is a model separation agreement:

We don't like redistributive taxes so you can keep them. You are welcome to the liberal judges and the ACLU. Since you hate guns and war, we'll take our firearms, the cops, the NRA and the military. You can keep Oprah , Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell (You are, however, responsible for finding a bio-diesel vehicle big enough to move all three of them).

We'll keep the capitalism, greedy corporations, pharmaceutical companies, Wal-Mart and Wall Street. You can have your beloved homeless, homeboys, hippies and illegal aliens. We'll keep the Alaskan hockey moms, greedy CEO's and rednecks. We'll keep the Bibles and give you NBC and Hollywood .

You can make nice with Iran and Palestine , and we'll retain the right to invade and hammer places that threaten us. You can have the peaceniks and war protesters. When our allies or our way of life are under assault, we'll help provide them security.

We'll keep our Judeo-Christian values. You are welcome to Islam, Scientology, Humanism and Shirley McClain . You can also have the U.N., but we will no longer be paying the bill.

We'll keep the SUVs, pickup trucks and oversized luxury cars. You can take every Subaru station wagon you can find.

You can give everyone healthcare if you can find any practicing doctors. We'll continue to believe healthcare is a service and we take care of those who can not work! We'll keep The Battle Hymn of the Republic and the National Anthem. I'm sure you'll be happy to substitute Imagine, I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing, Kum Ba Ya or We Are the World. We'll keep Christmas and Easter and you can celebrate Kwanzaa, MLK, or any other holiday that you wish to create.

We'll practice trickle down economics and you can give trickle up poverty your best shot. Since it often so offends you, we'll keep our history, our name and our flag.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Here's a novel idea DUmmie, I hope you're reading this ...

How about we go to something .... ohhhh ... I dunno ... something like the founding fathers envisioned.  How about we let the states be sovereign and the federal government become a mediator between them and provide for national security?

Then the people could decide where they wanted to live and work.

Damn, that sounds like a good idea!

Then I need to ask you about this quote;

But it would at first seem like a paradise for those on the left. No more idiotic right wingers to deal with in our congress. Universal government run health care. A living wage for everyone. New and vigorous help for the downtrodden in the society like the homeless and drug addicts. Basically a society that cares about the people, not just the rich.

Just how much homelessness and drug addiction are you expecting in your utopia?  Why?

Thanks,
KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris

• Administrator

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all

Just how much homelessness and drug addiction are you expecting in your utopia? 

I'm pretty sure they would get all of it.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero

Same.

A living wage for everyone

Hey DUmbass. I make less than the average welfare queen with a monthly income of around $1500 per month courtesy of the the GI Bill benefits I earned in the service. With that $1500 I can pay rent, a car payment, insurance, health insurance, and bills and still have enough left over to feed myself, put gas in my car and catch the occasional hockey game. I would call that a "living wage." What's your version?

I move that we restrict every person on welfare to no more than what I get as a monthly payment. And put a lifetime maximum on bennies. I say 9 months.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Tucker

Here is a model separation agreement:

The post of the year.  :cheersmate:

Offline chitownchica

I vote for the CalPig as poet laureate and the Boob-o-stink as economic advisor.  That, my friends, is a model for Utopia.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
So they would do the only thing they know how to do well and that is make guns and build an army to try and take us over to steal our resources and our success!

That is why I think ultimately the United States divided into two countries would fail, a war between the two countries would begin started by the right wingers who would be living in misery in their country.

We would invade them, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity. That's the Coulter Doctrine.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Where are they going to get the money to pay for this liberal utopia they dream of? "The rich" would surely move themselves and their assets away from the 90% tax grabbers to the republic next door with the lower and fairer taxes and fewer regulations. The Left's schemes absolutely depend on bilking those same people, so where would the revenues come from?

Are you going to pay for universal health care with taxes collected from the old hippy on the corner selling hemp shirts?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

You and me both!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Aside from the DUmmies projection about who would have the better lifestyle...what the DUmmies fail to realize is that we wouldn't have to invade and attack them.

They'd come crawling back begging for re-admission to the Union within 12 months.

As we've seen in Congress in the last year...the Libtards are barely capable of wiping their own ass without Federal assistance what the hell makes them think they could run a country at anywhere near the level it is even today?

They'd collapse and we'd just re-absorb them.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Tucker

Aside from the DUmmies projection about who would have the better lifestyle...what the DUmmies fail to realize is that we wouldn't have to invade and attack them.

They'd come crawling back begging for re-admission to the Union within 12 months.

As we've seen in Congress in the last year...the Libtards are barely capable of wiping their own ass without Federal assistance what the hell makes them think they could run a country at anywhere near the level it is even today?

I like the enslave them option better. They're a cancer.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Wow, that is pathetic.

Does anyone really think the leftists would have a successful economy? Based on what?

The problem is the "progressive" country will try to tax the free country, lol.

Offline Lord Undies

I know how to divvy up the country.  Tell the treasonous little bastards they have three days to get out of the country or they will be confined one area in northern Nevada.  I've been to northern Nevada.  There is plenty of room for all the 12%-ers and their ilk.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner

And just where do they think all of the evil, job-providing corporations would locate? Texas, which would have low taxes on businesses, or Massachussetts, who'd tax corporations at 90%? Every citizen with 2 nickels to rub together, other than the Hollywood asshats, who'd live in the socialist utopia yet shelter their money in our low tax capitalist system, would come to our place.

I'm tellin' ya, secession is sounding better all the time.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.