Author Topic: "Beto" crashes car, tries to flee scene. Republicans stoop to something.  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Delmar

Sun Sep 30, 2018, 03:32 PM
Star Member Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (24,189 posts)

Beto O'Rourke says passenger backs his claim of not fleeing after 1998 DUI crash

U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke doubled down Saturday that he did not leave the scene of a 1998 drinking and driving arrest near El Paso, Texas, and added that a passenger inside his vehicle that night backs his story.

"I did not flee,” O’Rourke told Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith during the 2018 Texas Tribune Festival in Austin. "The police report on this is wrong.”

O’Rourke, an El Paso Democrat hoping to unseat U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, in November, rejected September 1998 police reports that quoted an unnamed motorist as saying he stopped O’Rourke from fleeing the scene of a DUI crash on Interstate 10.

Appearing as the festival’s closing keynote speaker, O’Rourke said he recently contacted the female passenger to get her recollection of that evening.

“I reached out to the passenger who was in the car that I was driving — who also does not appear in the police report
, among other factual errors — somebody that I’ve not spoken to in more than 15 years, and asked her recollection of that evening,” O’Rourke said. “She said, ‘No, we were in the median of the road. We did not try to flee. I don’t know that there was anywhere we could have gone.’”

O’Rourke, celebrating his 26th birthday, crashed into a truck traveling in the same direction at a high rate of speed before careening across the median into the oncoming traffic lanes and coming to a stop, a witness told police.

His blood alcohol level content was 0.136, well above the state legal limit 0.10 at the time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/beto-orourke-says-passenger-backs-his-claim-of-not-fleeing-after-1998-dui-crash/ar-BBNJqJF?li=BBnb7Kz

I hope this isn't true. None the less it shows the level Republicans are willing to stoop to.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211215301

What the hell is this shitgibbon primitive claiming that the republicans are stooping to?  Hard telling.

Going after Robert for getting shit faced, crashing his car, and trying to flee the scene is legitimate criticism in a political campaign--certainly no stooping there.

He conjures up a passenger to back up his BS claims , a passenger whose name doesn't appear in the police report of the incident. 

Nice try, Beto.

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)Sun Sep 30, 2018, 03:43 PM
Star Member Roland99 (41,601 posts)
1. He needs to not keep giving this story legs
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: "Beto" crashes car, tries to flee scene. Republicans stoop to something.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211215301

What the hell is this shitgibbon primitive claiming that the republicans are stooping to?  Hard telling.

Going after Robert for getting shit faced, crashing his car, and trying to flee the scene is legitimate criticism in a political campaign--certainly no stooping there.

He conjures up a passenger to back up his BS claims , a passenger whose name doesn't appear in the police report of the incident. 

Nice try, Beto.

Ahh yes. The "anonymous source" backing up Beto's claim. How novel an idea.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 03:49:09 PM »
According to democrat standards, he did nothing wrong. Kennedy drove off a bridge while drunk and killed a girl and got away with it. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »
Please folks, don't let O'Rourke culturally misappropriate Hispanics.  He is not Hispanic at all.

Please refer to him as Robert or Rob, or Robby.  He's a pajama boy Beta male, so refer to him as that if you prefer.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »
Please folks, don't let O'Rourke culturally misappropriate Hispanics.  He is not Hispanic at all.

Please refer to him as Robert or Rob, or Robby.  He's a pajama boy Beta male, so refer to him as that if you prefer.

Nail head, hammer.

Mr. Wiggum is 110% correct and on point.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »
BetHeBlows is as guilty as the day is getting shorter as Fall approaches...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 08:06:00 AM »
Two words: Police report.

IIRC, Bobby pled guilty and went into some sort of intervention program. I wonder if in so doing he agreed that the police report was correct?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 10:42:27 AM »

robert francis o'rourke.

A Mick.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 10:45:48 AM »
I am surprised that Beta O'rourke did not claim the only reason he got in trouble with the law is because they thought he was Hispanic. Or maybe that is coming.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 12:29:43 PM »

I wonder if his un-named passenger's name is Christine Blasey.....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 01:21:33 PM »
According to democrat standards, he did nothing wrong. Kennedy drove off a bridge while drunk and killed a girl and got away with it. :thatsright:

If he had only driven his unnamed female passenger into a body of water and then left her to die, there would be no convincing anyone about him leaving the scene of the accident.  Everyone would believe him!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 02:18:31 PM »
None the less it shows the level Republicans are willing to stoop to.

Yep, the Rs have once again stooped to Truthing. How Deplorable!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 02:21:42 PM »
I wonder if his un-named passenger's name is Christine Blasey.....

Well played!  H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 05:31:06 PM »

Mark is just upset because it's looking like this guy can't buy Cruz's Senate seat. The current polling on this race is crazy, this is for Texas, metrosexuals don't do well on a federal level.

hella yeah, look how white Bobby looks in his mug shot:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 07:29:38 PM »

Mark is just upset because it's looking like this guy can't buy Cruz's Senate seat. The current polling on this race is crazy, this is for Texas, metrosexuals don't do well on a federal level.

hella yeah, look how white Bobby looks in his mug shot:

He has the normal DUmp crazy eye look.