Author Topic: DUmmies recall a great night in history  (Read 6869 times)

Offline Karin

DUmmies recall a great night in history
« on: August 18, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211017778

Kentuck starts off a thread with one of the most boring posts he's ever made?  Not even worth shoving it into the boat?  Not sure what the point was?  But others hopped on board?

His headline?

Sat Aug 18, 2018, 06:26 PM
 kentuck (88,129 posts)

The day after election day, I awoke with an ominous feeling...

Response to kentuck (Original post)
Sat Aug 18, 2018, 07:50 PM
Totally Tunsie (841 posts)
10. Yup - I hit nauseous at 9:30 election night and have never recovered.

Sat Aug 18, 2018, 08:32 PM
 Blue_true (7,401 posts)
15. I didn't awake because I never got to sleep. My throat was raw and my eyes were bloodshot. nt

Sat Aug 18, 2018, 09:08 PM
 Aristus (43,455 posts)
19. When California's electoral votes went to Hillary, and they still weren't enough to overcome

Trump's electoral lead (I kept thinking: "But she's killing it in the popular vote! She's killing it in the popular vote!), I fell into a kind of trance, rocking back and forth like a scared kid.

I barely slept that night. The next day, I didn't last longer than an hour at work, and told my boss I was going home for the rest of the day. I went home to Mrs. Aristus, who had the day off anyway, and we held each other for hours in a kind of stupefied daze...
:lmao:

Sat Aug 18, 2018, 10:10 PM
 Raine1967 (11,337 posts)
21. I went to bed in disbelief. I woke up

ad before I got out of bed, I asked my husband in the room next to our bedroom, "is it still true?".

He said yes. We were wrecked. We could barely talk to each other for about 5 days it was so devastating.
:rotf:

But the best was:

Sat Aug 18, 2018, 08:21 PM
jeffgad (91 posts)
14. The Day After

I have a selfie in my white shirt with my “I Voted” sticker that was taken on election day. The next day I fell from the roof. I woke up about a month later, and it wasn’t until around Christmas that I figured out Trump had won. I literally woke up to a new world. I have no memory of November-December 2016. Recovered from the smashed hip, broken face and TBI, but experiencing depression for the first time in my life. Don’t know why I posted, I guess the date rang a bell.

Trump caused me to fall off the roof and have a coma!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DUmmies recall a great night in history
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 10:43:22 PM »
I remember that night well.

I don't do television, and so I was "watching" the returns on the New York Times web-site.

In case one doesn't remember, this was when conservativecave was having loading "issues," and it took too much time and trouble to try to read this site.  (Our good friend miskie took care of it about a day and a half later.)

The numbers looked better than I thought they should, but still not enough to beat Messalina Agrippina.

About the time Michigan was coming in, with Pennsylvania and Wisconsin still out, it was late, I was tired, and so decided to hit the sack, figuring that Messalina Agrippina had won anyway.

But just before shutting down, I thought I'd check to see how freerepublic was taking the loss.

Much to my startlement, they were celebrating, not mourning.

It was obvious the New York Times was playing mind-games with readers, posting Messalina Agrippina's numbers as they were tallied, and waiting an abominably long time to post any of Trump's numbers; also calling states for her immediately, but waiting a very long time before declaring a state for Trump.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 04:52:22 AM »
Yet these mentally fragile infants think they should be in charge.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 04:54:12 AM »
I remember that night well.

I don't do television, and so I was "watching" the returns on the New York Times web-site.

In case one doesn't remember, this was when conservativecave was having loading "issues," and it took too much time and trouble to try to read this site.  (Our good friend miskie took care of it about a day and a half later.)

The numbers looked better than I thought they should, but still not enough to beat Messalina Agrippina.

About the time Michigan was coming in, with Pennsylvania and Wisconsin still out, it was late, I was tired, and so decided to hit the sack, figuring that Messalina Agrippina had won anyway.

But just before shutting down, I thought I'd check to see how freerepublic was taking the loss.

Much to my startlement, they were celebrating, not mourning.

It was obvious the New York Times was playing mind-games with readers, posting Messalina Agrippina's numbers as they were tallied, and waiting an abominably long time to post any of Trump's numbers; also calling states for her immediately, but waiting a very long time before declaring a state for Trump.

I remember that night. I was watching dummieland and when it was becoming clear hitlary von pantsuit wasn't doing well, the russians hacked the site (yea, right). I went to bed cautiously optimistic and was pleasently surprised in the morning. A great day it was.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:25:03 AM »
I wish we could find the one from 2004 when the primitive "mopaul" was curled up in a ball in a corner of his bathroom for 3 days. That was great!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 07:52:01 AM »
Response to kentuck (Original post)Sat Aug 18, 2018, 07:41 PM
Star Member NRaleighLiberal (46,265 posts)
8. My wife and I felt it driving home from watching the returns at a friend's house.

We KNEW - right then and there - the election was stolen - hacked - and we were in a different dimension of reality in the US.
Response to NRaleighLiberal (Reply #8)Sat Aug 18, 2018, 07:47 PM
Star Member kentuck (88,130 posts)
9. That is the most difficult thing to try and understand...

...the alternate reality - a different dimension. How could they rationalize in such a way? Even if their stories never matched reality or simple facts, they could find a way to rationalize in their own minds to make it acceptable and "truthful". Not only was it delusional, it was deceitful delusion. They deceived themselves.
Who are they?  What the hell is this shitgibbon babbling about?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 07:55:17 AM »
I wish we could find the one from 2004 when the primitive "mopaul" was curled up in a ball in a corner of his bathroom for 3 days. That was great!

Ask and ye shall receive:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x2616344

mopaul  Donating Member (1000+ posts)    Sat Nov-06-04 07:29 AM
For 2 whole days, I layed in the corner drooling & making weird sounds

When I awoke very early Wednesday morning, I remember making coffee and sitting down with a cup at the computer machine....then, everything turned bright white, then completely black. I felt a dull thud, and heard a sound like a pumpkin smashing against a side of beef.

Every few hours, I would drift back into lucidity, just long enough to realize I was laying in the corner of the living room with spittle running down my cheek and into a large puddle at my chin. and I could hear a weird voice off in the distance. I later realized it was my own voice, but I didn't hear words, only groans and occasional burps.

One time when I blurred back into almost consciousness, I saw my dear wife, Mrs. Paul, over at the edge of the room, but she looked like she was 20 miles away, and I remember that the sensation of time passing had vanished, and I seemed to be locked in a ripple between time and space.

I got the vague blurred impression that I was curled up in the fetal position, and I could see a dust bunny in the corner in great detail, but I knew that dust bunnies didn't talk, as this one did. It kept echoing a phrase or mantra that I couldn't quite make out...'mandate'...'exit polls'....'massive turnout'...'4 more beers, 4 more beers'.....then the silence of the grave.

Then, I began to regret that I hadn't just died, and I felt hot as hell, but shivering like a naked man in antarctica, sweating and trembling violently. I remember dear Mrs. Paul applying a wet towel to my forehead and saying sweet comforting things to me, and I remember she looked like an angel, wings and all. for a while, it looked like I might pull through.

But then, the fever dreams began, and I descended into hell, headfirst. I saw all the souls of all the disenfranchised voters in a lake of burning sulpher and I heard their terrible lamentations, and I remember wishing that I'd never been born with ears, or eyes to see their awful suffering.

Deeper, and deeper I fell into the stygian abyss, and I saw off in the distance what looked like a fiery throne, and it came into view and I could not close my offended eyes or rip them out and I saw the beast of stolen elections in all his bloody glory and I grew sore afraid.

'O Democratic God of justice, why hast thou forsaken me?' I wailed.
'Why must I look upon this horror of the ages with my mortal eyes?'

But I heard no reply to my plea, and no relief for my suffering soul, and I had no cool drink of salvation to quench my damned tongue, and no succor from my candidate.

After this I felt only blackness, cold and empty, where no shadows ever lived because no light had ever shone there. My eyes were open, as I later discovered, but I layed there like a dead man for the last hours of thursday night, stinking, burping, and generally bringing shame to my entire family.

Slowly, I began to recover from my affliction, my eyes cleared and my head too, but it still felt like spiders had built webs in there.
I found the strength to make a pot of joe, and lurched back over to the computer machine. I stared at it for about two hours, motionless, finally grabbing the mouse and braced myself and faced the music. I started to comfort myself, and forget the awful ordeal I'd just been through and the portentous visions I'd had.

And now, I'm gradually regaining my strength and composure, I've showered, put on clean clothes and burned the old ones, and apologized to my wife and my neighbors in the apt. above me.

That's my story, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been down this same road of despair and redemption, and in that, I find solace and strength. Two days lost forever. Two whole days of my life taken, never to be redeemed. Two days of hell, to steel me on my quest for a satisfying election night. Someday, my prince, or princess will come
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:11:58 AM by franksolich »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 08:10:33 AM »
Oh my.

Our biggest fan over at DU Jr., the footwear guy, is advertising us:

https://www.discussionist.com/10151795156
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 08:19:24 AM »
TheShoe (7,665 posts)

Wow, cave dwelling primitives
Hide in their cave and make fun of others. That is what primitives do.

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=118713.0

Democrat underground is where primitives go to do what they do.  Try to keep up, dummy.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 08:34:00 AM »
 :-) The more they struggle coming to terms with this the harder I get.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 09:03:23 AM »
Hiya Shoe! Greetings to all the DUmmies who let us live in their heads

Offline TheShoe

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 10:19:09 AM »
Democrat underground is where primitives go to do what they do.  Try to keep up, dummy.

Please define "primitive".

Offline Mary Ann

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 10:43:33 AM »
O.M.G.

Surely you remember the MoPaul primitive, madam.

It's speculated he later became the phallus scraping primitive, Phalloraptor, but there was nothing certain about it.  At any rate, both are long gone.

In his time, MoPaul's rage and hate was extraordinary; today, the same intensity of his feeling barely causes a ripple.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »
I was so sure that Hillary was going to win that I planned to make it an early night. I was going to avoid DU because of how I knew they would gloat. TMN had made one of his most hateful ever posts earlier that day, and that's saying a lot, about how he was going to treat Trump voters and all "GOPPERS" after Hillary's win.

I had Fox News on to watch the returns, and they had Nomiki Somebody on. I always called her "Screechy Voice Girl." She was predicting a "great night." Returns started coming in. Trump won some unexpected states. They asked her if she was still looking forward to a great night, and she confidently said that she still was. At some point she was gone, and I don't think I've seen her on TV since. I suspect that the guys with the butterfly nets had to come and take her away in a straitjacket.

More returns came in. Trump was doing better than I had expected. I tried (repeatedly) to get into DU to see how they were taking it. No luck, alas.

More returns came in. Trump was winning battleground states. Some weren't even close.

At that point there was no way I was going to go to bed til the very end. I started to watch the NYT ticker. The needle ticked steadily to the right. My jaw dropped. When it hit about 92% that Trump would win, I woke my dh to tell him. He seemed to wake up enough to acknowledge.

I hit the hay after I saw Trump's family lined up to celebrate the win. I think I saw Podesta tell the devastated mob that it wasn't over. Dh got up early, and turned on the TV and saw that Trump had won. He later said he didn't believe it. He thought they were joking.

When I woke up much later and turned on Fox and Friends, Doocy was relating a story about one of the demonstrators asking a cop where his KKK hood was, and the cop telling the kid, ". . . and that's why Trump won." I think that explains it all.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »
Surely you remember the MoPaul primitive, madam.

It's speculated he later became the phallus scraping primitive, Phalloraptor, but there was nothing certain about it.  At any rate, both are long gone.

In his time, MoPaul's rage and hate was extraordinary; today, the same intensity of his feeling barely causes a ripple.
I remember mopaul/philosoraptor, but I didn't remember this particular post. How did his rage and hate compare to TMN's. Any chance they could be the same "person?"

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 11:04:55 AM »
I remember mopaul/philosoraptor, but I didn't remember this particular post. How did his rage and hate compare to TMN's. Any chance they could be the same "person?"

I'm not sure how to explain it any better than this, but it seems to me the impotent anger and hate and rage of MoPaul had some pain in it, that he himself was being hurt, while hypertensive ol' Bob's impotent anger and hate and rage is just foul words tossed out of the mouth of a robot, no humanity in them at all.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »
Please define "primitive".

I'm probably not the best one to ask--franksolich would probably be your best bet since he's pretty much the universally recognized resident expert on primitive culture here, but I'll take a quick stab at it. 

A primitive is an inhabitant of Skin's Island.  That's where the primitives go to form up around bonfires, flip flapping their armpits and gesticulating excitedly while they regale and try to outdo one another with stories of their commitment to leftist principles.  That's it in a nutshell, but follow franksolich if you want to get some deeper insights.
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
Sat Aug 18, 2018, 06:26 PM
 kentuck (88,129 posts)

The day after election day, I awoke with an ominous feeling...
I shouldn't have eaten the 3 day old sushi from the gas station.

Sat Aug 18, 2018, 07:50 PM
Totally Tunsie (841 posts)
10. Yup - I hit nauseous at 9:30 election night and have never recovered.
Being a poor loser sucks, don't it! :argh: :argh: :tongue:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 12:30:13 PM »
Who are they?  What the hell is this shitgibbon babbling about?

Giant Grasshoppers:

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »
I was so sure that Hillary was going to win that I planned to make it an early night. I was going to avoid DU because of how I knew they would gloat. TMN had made one of his most hateful ever posts earlier that day, and that's saying a lot, about how he was going to treat Trump voters and all "GOPPERS" after Hillary's win.

I had Fox News on to watch the returns, and they had Nomiki Somebody on. I always called her "Screechy Voice Girl." She was predicting a "great night." Returns started coming in. Trump won some unexpected states. They asked her if she was still looking forward to a great night, and she confidently said that she still was. At some point she was gone, and I don't think I've seen her on TV since. I suspect that the guys with the butterfly nets had to come and take her away in a straitjacket.

More returns came in. Trump was doing better than I had expected. I tried (repeatedly) to get into DU to see how they were taking it. No luck, alas.

More returns came in. Trump was winning battleground states. Some weren't even close.

At that point there was no way I was going to go to bed til the very end. I started to watch the NYT ticker. The needle ticked steadily to the right. My jaw dropped. When it hit about 92% that Trump would win, I woke my dh to tell him. He seemed to wake up enough to acknowledge.

I hit the hay after I saw Trump's family lined up to celebrate the win. I think I saw Podesta tell the devastated mob that it wasn't over. Dh got up early, and turned on the TV and saw that Trump had won. He later said he didn't believe it. He thought they were joking.

When I woke up much later and turned on Fox and Friends, Doocy was relating a story about one of the demonstrators asking a cop where his KKK hood was, and the cop telling the kid, ". . . and that's why Trump won." I think that explains it all.

Dozed off on the couch about 11 pm CT with the TV on.  Woke up about 1:30 am much to my delight.  Had similar concern before drifting off...that her majesty was going to receive her lifetime achievement award.  Stayed awake long enough to hear President-elect Trump's acceptance speech before getting in a few more hours of sleep before work.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »
 :lmao:  That Mopaul post was the funniest ever!  A classic for the ages.   :rotf:

I went to bed that night at the normal hour.  I'd done my duty and voted, nothing more to do.  My husband stayed up all night long, and as I came down for the coffee, he gave me that look.  What, I said.  Look, he said. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2018, 06:48:49 PM »
I remember when the Florida results were coming in.  I told my wife, "Trump's got Florida!"  She asked me how I knew that . . . I told her that the fact that Trump was ahead at that time was unbeatable, as there were four counties in the Central Time Zone that hadn't reported--and they were significantly Republican.  I thought to myself, "He's actually going to win this thing!"

The next morning, as I was rejoicing, our daughter ran downstairs and asked, "Did we win?"  With a smile about as wide as the Atlantic Ocean, I said, "Yes, we did!"  She was very happy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2018, 06:50:47 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x2616344

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Ah, those were great days. It's a shame that Skins island got hacked the night of this past election, because we missed out on getting to read the laments and deranged postings of the modern-day mopauls in real time as their tiny minded primitive world fell apart.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:52:48 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2018, 08:17:02 PM »
I remember the one DUmmy sharing the hilarious story about how she was so certain Hillary would win, she invited a bunch of her friends over for an election- night party and bought champagne for it, then as the returns came in, she grew increasingly depressed and finally shut herself in her room and sulked.
For my own memories of that great night:
I remember staying up as late as I could, checking the returns results regularly over Google as I don't have much a tolerance for televised news in general. It wasn't long, though, as I'm a morning person, not a night owl, so I quickly fell asleep. A few hours later, when I woke up, it was confirmed that Trump would be the next president. I remember having very mixed feelings about that, both because at the time I was not a big fan of Trump (His rude, often- insulting manner got to me, though I still voted for him over Hillary and he has since proven to be a quite capable president and earned my approval) and because I knew the Left would NOT respond well or even peacefully to it. Now, though, I see it for the great evening it was.
Thanks Ralph!!!!

Ah, those were great days. It's a shame that Skins island got hacked the night of this past election, because we missed out on getting to read the laments and deranged postings of the modern-day mopauls in real time as their tiny minded primitive world fell apart.

The problem with that is, DU WASN'T hacked. As Election night went on and it became more and more clear that Trump would win, Skins realized that if he kept the site up, the enraged DUmmies would put up one thread after another openly demanding Trump's assassination and/ or a violent insurrection to keep him out of the White House, and was afraid that might earn him a visit from the Secret Service. So, he took down the site long enough for the DUmmies to cool down a bit, but made it appear that it had been hacked so they wouldn't get suspicious.