Author Topic: DUmmies are going to impeach all the king's horses and all the king's men  (Read 1948 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029884758

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 08:56 AM
bagelsforbreakfast (1,210 posts)

A pleasant dream for 2018...Impeaching Trump's judges

from dailykos (Joan McCarter) https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/24/1716475/-The-potential-case-for-impeachment-this-time-of-Trump-s-judges

"All of this to put a reminder out there for Democrats who might just be winning a majority in 2018: federal justices, including Supreme Court ones, can be impeached. It's happened before and it can happen again. Particularly if the president who appointed them turns out to have won his office illegitimately—like, say, through the machinations of a foreign power."

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 09:03 AM
dalton99a (14,117 posts)
1. They are installed by an illegitimate president.

If you say it often enough, it will become true!!!  No, actually, it won't. 

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 10:07 AM
Star Member Greybnk48 (6,937 posts)
9. Especially ones the American Bar Assoc. deemed unfit.

They can be argued to be purely political and should not have been seated. I agree bagelsforbreakfast, and I don't think it's a pipe dream.

BELIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEE

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 10:35 AM
Star Member lark (8,465 posts)
11. Actually, I think removing them might be possible if we get majority in the Senate.

If they pass a law
and make it that any federal judge who is rated as "not qualified" by the bar and promoted anyway can be removed based on majority vote. this is just off the top of my head, and I'm not a constitutional lawyer, so legal folks, could this work?

You just need the Senate to pass a law now, folks. 

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 10:45 AM
onenote (29,305 posts)
14. No.

The Constitution is clear:"The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office."

The one and only way to remove a judge is through impeachment based on their violation of the standard of "good behaviour".

Foiled again!   :rotf:

The naysaying continues:

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 10:43 AM
onenote (29,305 posts)
12. FFS -- Complete fantasy

Yes, judges, including Supreme Court Justices can be impeached.

But it takes 2/3 vote in the Senate. If we hold onto every Democratic seat that up for grabs in 2018 AND won every single Repub seat that is up, we'd still be 11 Senate votes shy of 2/3.

Plus, despite what folks with little perception of reality might wish, the House isn't going to impeach duly confirmed judges simply because of was the president that nominated them.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

But to no avail:

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 10:44 AM
rock (12,726 posts)
13. Certainly, Gorsuch can be removed

If Trump was illegally assisted by the Russians.

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 11:50 AM
AlexSFCA (743 posts)
20. I wonder if gorsuch can be removed

based on the fact that he was unconstitutionally nominated. Garland was nominated by Obama and congress violated US Constitution by not scheduling a hearing.

IT WAS GARLAND'S TURN!!!

And which one of you shitposters did this:

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 11:25 AM
Thunderbeast (142 posts)
16. and once the Trump judges are purged,

We work on statehood for Puerto Rico and District of Columbia.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: DUmmies are going to impeach all the king's horses and all the king's men
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
Sat Nov 25, 2017, 09:03 AM
dalton99a (14,117 posts)
1. They are installed by an illegitimate president.

How did that work for you during the Bush years?

:loser:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »
Sat Nov 25, 2017, 11:50 AM
AlexSFCA (743 posts)
20. I wonder if gorsuch can be removed

based on the fact that he was unconstitutionally nominated. Garland was nominated by Obama and congress violated US Constitution by not scheduling a hearing.

As usual, DUmmy wrong on the law and the facts.  The USC does not FORCE a hearing.  It just says one is needed as part of the seating process.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 12:42:49 PM »
Maybe you all can take up a collection and hire some ms13 gang members to bump them all off. :popcorn:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 07:40:47 AM »
The D Party should make this their core promise for the 2018 and 2020 campaigns!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:15:25 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »
Particularly if the president who appointed them turns out to have won his office illegitimately—like, say, through the machinations of a foreign power."

Stupid, stupid DUmmies. As long as no money changed hands as a form of campaign contribution, Trump and Putin could have met face to face and discussed how to defeat Hillary, but it still wouldn't be a crime.

However, the funds going to Fusion GPS from Hillary and the DNC may have been criminal acts if funds went to a foreign agent for "opposition research" as it now seems likely.