Author Topic: Chased a MAGAT from the dog park today  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Chased a MAGAT from the dog park today
« on: August 31, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »
New guy attempts a bouncy.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029539174

Bradshaw3 (281 posts)

Chased a MAGAT from the dog park today

A former history prof I talk to and this older bearded white guy were talking history and she was making comparisons between drumpf and Harding when I chimed in that at least Harding wasn't crazy. Now if a MAGAT (MAGA Trumpist) is a red hat wearer so as to be obvious I stay away from them and talking politics generally but I assumed this guy wasn't one. Wrong. He became pissed and started talking about how drumpf had fixed the economy and the VA and I started hitting him - with the facts.

Usually I don't bother since they are like paranoid schizophrenics who think the CIA is after them so does no good to use facts. But I was already in it with him and kept at it. He got up, left in a huff mumbling words and left the park. Then I sat down with the professor and she filled me in on some relevant history (apparently Aristophanes' play The Knights is applicable to today) and we had a nice long talk while the dogs played. It was a good day at the dog park.

One bong just for the effort, but no cops, no bushes, no conversion. And he didn't start with "so." Maybe I'm being generous, but I think that the comparison to paranoid schozophrenics is worth something.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Chased a MAGAT from the dog park today
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:20:46 PM »
.....the comparison to paranoid schozophrenics is worth something.

You know, madam, when it comes to being paranoid, nobody's got the primitives beat.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »
Given the dog park context, the "older bearded white guy" (a description that fits, but I wasn't there) probably realized that LPC Noob "Bradshaw3" is rabid and walked away quietly so as not to risk either himself or his dog getting bit.

There are enough superfluous "details" that this is probably fiction.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 06:51:34 PM »
I've noticed a consistent pattern with these stories: they often claim to have given their opponent "the facts", but rarely, if ever, state what facts. It's like they're playing some MMORPG and "the facts" are some mystical entity they can summon to defeat the enemy.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 07:11:53 PM »
I've noticed a consistent pattern with these stories: they often claim to have given their opponent "the facts", but rarely, if ever, state what facts. It's like they're playing some MMORPG and "the facts" are some mystical entity they can summon to defeat the enemy.

well, tahts due to one thing that almost 100% of these bouncies have in common: they never happened

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »
You know, madam, when it comes to being paranoid, nobody's got the primitives beat.

When you know that the comrade in arms beside you would slit your throat in the blink of an eye to get a better seat at the head of the table it kinda comes naturally after a while.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 09:00:08 PM »
DUmmie, it's a pity you weren't chased by a 'Magach.'

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 03:18:24 AM »
DUmmie, it's a pity you weren't chased by a 'Magach.'

It's definitely not the same, it's close, in that the end result is what we'd be hoping for . . .

:dozer:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »
well, tahts due to one thing that almost 100% of these bouncies have in common: they never happened

And are backdropped by a Please Love Me, I'm One Of You quotient.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »
I guess I need to find and hang around with some immature 10YOs. It just dawned on me that "MAGAT" was intended to invoke

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Delmar

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 12:05:38 PM »
I guess I need to find and hang around with some immature 10YOs. It just dawned on me that "MAGAT" was intended to invoke

Kinda like how it got the primitive's armpits all wiggling and waggling when Melania Trump wore the ball cap with FLOTUS embroidered on it.  Because it sounds like float us and she wore it to a state with flooding.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 12:15:54 PM »
Just for the sake of clarification, the picture I posted above is not how I view DU-folk! I wouldn't insult innocent maggots that way. :rimshot:  :bolt:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
Still waiting for the "facts" about the horrible things Trump has done, and how he is ruining the economy.   :popcorn:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 04:55:09 PM »
"Bradshaw3"? Since July 7 of this year . . . you know, this is another case of the noob not really being a noob, probably some Bernie supporter that slithered back.

His bouncy was awful, btw.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 05:24:31 PM »
I don't get it. I live in a blue state. Where oh where are all these fearless leftists at? :lmao:

Oh right. They're just the random crazies from the closest trailer park.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 05:25:13 PM »
"Bradshaw3"? Since July 7 of this year . . . you know, this is another case of the noob not really being a noob, probably some Bernie supporter that slithered back.

His bouncy was awful, btw.
Any Bern-Out that bailed from DU last year who lives in Pittsburgh - Steelers & Terry Bradshaw fan?

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »

I think these bouncies do happen. Just not the way they have been related.  For instance:

Guy in a MAGA hat bumps into dummie by accident: Excuse me sir, did not see you, my bad
Dummie: No problem

Dump story: I browbeat this lowlife Trump supporter today. He was looking at me and I hit him upside the head with facts, everyone clapped and the lowlife beat a hasty retreat.

Just for the sake of clarification, the picture I posted above is not how I view DU-folk! I wouldn't insult innocent maggots that way. :rimshot:  :bolt:

Maggots serve a useful function. Dummies? Not so much.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
I think these bouncies do happen. Just not the way they have been related.  For instance:

Guy in a MAGA hat bumps into dummie by accident: Excuse me sir, did not see you, my bad
Dummie: No problem

Dump story: I browbeat this lowlife Trump supporter today. He was looking at me and I hit him upside the head with facts, everyone clapped and the lowlife beat a hasty retreat.

Maggots serve a useful function. Dummies? Not so much.

It really makes you wonder how many of these lunatics you encounter in a day while they're out and about struggling to keep the crazy under the surface.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
I think these bouncies do happen. Just not the way they have been related.

Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.