Author Topic: Are We Entering The World of “24” ?  (Read 1514 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Are We Entering The World of “24” ?
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:57:16 AM »
I found this piece on RedState.  Good column.  I suppose that there are some in power who really wouldn't mind it if these conditions came to pass . . .

Are We Entering The World of “24” ?

Jack Bauer: Where Are You Now That We Need You?

By:  Ausonius (Diary)  |  December 7th, 2015 at 06:56 PM

Fourteen years ago, conceived before the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and Flight 93 were hit by Islamic terrorists, a television show called 24 had debuted on the FOX network.  The premise of this show’s alternative America was that terrorist attacks were becoming regular events.  A special agency called the Counter-Terrorism Unit was desperately tracking as many suspects as possible in order to thwart them.  The hero was an agent named Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) who often had to fight government bureaucrats and feckless, duplicitous, and disingenuous politicians, as well as the terrorists.

“Sleepers,” either individuals or families planted here and living peacefully for years and seemingly Americanized, but in fact brutal and deadly in their Islamic purposes, were featured in most seasons.  The series was therefore often accused by leftist critics as “Islamophobic.”

Season 4 came to mind last week: in fact it was the first thing I thought of, when the nonsense of “workplace violence” was thrown around.  The plot of 24 that year used a family sleeper cell as part of an attack on the West Coast.

Feckless, duplicitous, and disingenuous politicians abounded last week, all of them jumping on the “gun control” issue as a cause for the attack, and parroting their fear that Islamophobia would rise because of  just “two people” who were not representative of the “religion of peace.”

And how would Islamic terrorists enter the United States, either to attack us later or as soon as possible?  Through the regular process of visas, including “fiance’ visas” in the case of the San Bernardino couple, and also…

You have to go to the link to read the rest.  It's pretty good.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/ausonius/2015/12/07/entering-world-24/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Are We Entering The World of “24” ?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 09:15:59 AM »
And just like with 24 the people that actually try to do something to stop the attacks are made out to be the bad guys by the politicians.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0