Author Topic: My take on Rudy in 2012, what is your take?  (Read 2785 times)

Offline RealConservativePatriot

• Probationary (Probie)
My take on Rudy in 2012, what is your take?
« on: March 13, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »
Here is my take on Rudy Giulliani running in 2012:
Former NYC Mayor Rudy Giulliani was not my pick in 2008, but I have been thinking about what a good job he did in NYC in certain areas; he reduced crime, cut taxes, and reformed welfare. Troubling, however, is that he allowed NYC to be a sanctuary for illegal aliens, he campaigned for democrat Mario Cuomo in 1994, and once supported public funding of abortion. In his 2008 campaign, Rudy proved he would be strong on national defense and for free market economics, though he has a more moderate stance on social issues. Rudy is a reformer with results, but I don't think he is a consistent conservative. Would I vote for him against Obama? In a heart beat. Would I vote for him in a primary? Depends on who else runs.

Offline gurn

• "Are they paying us? Why aren't they paying us?"
Re: My take on Rudy in 2012, what is your take?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:18:35 AM »
He'd be a good Veep candidate for a Southerner like Huckabee.

I don't think a Presidential run makes sense for him. He had his best shot last time.

Likewise, I think Barbour would be a good Veep for Huntsman or Romney.

"Our weak President, that kisses everybody's ass, is in more wars than I have ever seen. Now he's in Libya, he's in Afghanistan, he's in Iraq. Nobody respects us."
"This guy got the Nobel Peace Prize and every time I look is he's going into another country."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:03:52 AM »
He'd be a good Veep candidate for a Southerner like Huckabee.

I don't think a Presidential run makes sense for him. He had his best shot last time.

Likewise, I think Barbour would be a good Veep for Huntsman or Romney.

Romney has the millstone of MassCare around his neck.  Even Sarah Palin couldn't lift him enough to counter that.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:42:40 AM »
ABO Anyone But Obama, well I don't want Huckabee or Gingrich but any other Republican as President will be just fine. It's the Supreme Court people, say that over and over along with Justice Kennedy will retire after the next Presidential election, keep saying it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
ABO Anyone But Obama, well I don't want Huckabee or Gingrich but any other Republican as President will be just fine. It's the Supreme Court people, say that over and over along with Justice Kennedy will retire after the next Presidential election, keep saying it.

Well, I tend to agree with you on this, but I can't vote for someone like Ron Paul. Gingrich will not have my support, most likely, during the primaries but I would support him during a general election. Huckabee has his problems, but he seems to be a genuine person and a good person. I am undecided, but leaning towards Tim Pawlenty.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:50:01 PM »
Really, are ya leaning towards Pawlenty? Is that your final answer? Cuz pimpin' four different threads with the same stuff all saying "Right now I'm leaning towards Pawlenty" sure does seem that way.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »
Really, are ya leaning towards Pawlenty? Is that your final answer? Cuz pimpin' four different threads with the same stuff all saying "Right now I'm leaning towards Pawlenty" sure does seem that way.

I am terribly sorry if I got you upset, I honestly did not mean to. I will just say that we have a few good candidates and a few week ones.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 02:26:45 PM »
ABO -- "anybody but 0bama" -- now, I like that.
apres moi, le deluge

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »
ABO -- "anybody but 0bama" -- now, I like that.

Well, I would almost agree with that except....
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUT7jnaaxcs[/youtube]

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »
I am terribly sorry if I got you upset, I honestly did not mean to. I will just say that we have a few good candidates and a few week ones.

Not upset, but it's a little ridiculous to see the same thing in four threads. If it's that important to you, start a new thread.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 06:46:35 PM »
Not upset, but it's a little ridiculous to see the same thing in four threads. If it's that important to you, start a new thread.

Ok, will do.