Author Topic: Rasmussen: Top 3 GOP candidates for 2012  (Read 12512 times)

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
Re: Rasmussen: Top 3 GOP candidates for 2012
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »

Palin: Obama "Sees America as the Problem"

In a cover story on Sarah Palin for this week's Time magazine, the former vice presidential nominee took aim at President Obama's presidential strength, comparing him to former President Jimmy Carter and even mocking his golf habit - quipping that, unlike the president, she's been so occupied "helping people" that her own golf game has taken a back seat. >>>

Palin also obliquely addressed apparent concerns among Republican leadership that she can mount an effective campaign against Mr. Obama in a potential 2012 presidential matchup. The ideal Republican nominee should be "someone who can draw a sharp contrast," Palin said. "The country is rejecting his agenda ... My vision of America is diametrically opposed to his. He sees America as the problem. I see America as the solution."

Palin also outlined a set of priorities for "the next Republican President," first among which was "to sign a bill for the repeal and replacement of Obamacare with true free-market, patient-centered reform."

"We need to start really living within our means," Palin continued. "As any mother or father will tell you, don't spend what you don't have."

This is more of the uninformed thoughts of Palin according to Barbara Walters. Wow, she's an idiot ... and I don't mean Palin. I love that she lives in their heads rent-free ...

Please limit article excerpts to 3-4 paragraphs please -- Chris
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:05:47 PM by Chris »
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Janice

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2010, 09:59:32 PM »
 :thatsright:

Oops... sorry Chris. Got it.

Offline ToddWB

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2010, 03:22:38 PM »
Palin will be on the ticket, Carl brushed the point I have with Palin in the #1 spot....let me fill in. I believe she is well qualified for #1 and can prove it, she has run a business, run a town and run a state and hooked it up with the Big Boys (crony capitalist) along the way, she's intelligent and has common sense, she's strong on defense...Sarah is everything you could want in a candidate.....but, aside from the left using her for their Alinsky 101 class project, if Hillary does run, then it's a cat fight....and you know how everybody just loves a cat fight....it's be like prowrestling for the primatives..they'd get hyped..and pull in a lot of the squishy, poorly informed "moderates" into the show....and we know who runs the show.

What's wrong with Jindal? Conservative, businessman, Gov'ner, when's his gig up with La.?

At my desk, listening to talk radio

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2010, 12:24:06 AM »
Yep, she's proved she can dish it out and take it. She's got bigger balls than the current crop of wannabes. Romney and Huck sat back and endorsed "safe" candidates. Palin put herself out there, win or lose, and she has a lot more in the win column than in the lose column. She has the keenest political instincts I've seen in a while and she constantly runs circles around everyone else, including the press and establishment politicians on both sides. The more they try to take her down or marginalize her, the stronger she gets. No guts, no glory. And she's got great taste in men and shoes!

Cindie

The dare she has in here is all too rare these days. I hope she runs with Michelle Bachmann.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2010, 07:05:53 AM »
Sorry guys, but as much as I love Palin too, she's not going to be the GOP nominee.  It's not because she's too conservative, or doesn't appeal to the party base, but that the MSM and loopy left (but I repeat myself) would make the smear campaign of 2008 look like child's play.

You think they were nasty two years ago?  Or that they are now?  Oh, sure, Obama might even have a primary challenger in 2012, but rest assure when he wins the nomination, all guns will be focused on the GOP nomination.  They'll tell any story, no matter how irrelevant, untrue, or low, to try to drag down the Republican candidate.  And they've been digging dirt on Palin for years now.

Also consider who has been making runs to Iowa and New Hampshire so far.  It's not Palin.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2010, 07:19:30 AM »
Sorry guys, but as much as I love Palin too, she's not going to be the GOP nominee.  It's not because she's too conservative, or doesn't appeal to the party base, but that the MSM and loopy left (but I repeat myself) would make the smear campaign of 2008 look like child's play.

You think they were nasty two years ago?  Or that they are now?  Oh, sure, Obama might even have a primary challenger in 2012, but rest assure when he wins the nomination, all guns will be focused on the GOP nomination.  They'll tell any story, no matter how irrelevant, untrue, or low, to try to drag down the Republican candidate.  And they've been digging dirt on Palin for years now.

Also consider who has been making runs to Iowa and New Hampshire so far.  It's not Palin.

Sparky, I don't disagree with the crux of your point, but what makes you think the MSM isn't going to focus on the GOP nominee, regardless who it is? You said it yourself - they'll stoop to levels never before seen to drag that candidate down.

Granted, they'll go after Palin like she's Lucifer incarnate, but they're going to go after whoever the candidate is no matter who it is.

I still maintain that Palin would be far, far better in Steele's gig. Get him the **** out of there and put in Palin. RIVERS of money will flow into the RNC if that were to happen and, as we all know, money means votes.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2010, 07:22:25 AM »
Oh, they're going to smear the GOP candidate regardless, but if it's Palin, the nuclear option is gonna be the first one right out of the box.  Hell, look at how they treated Hillary versus Obama.

And yes, I think Palin would be great as RNC chair--light-years ahead of that moron Steele.  As a candidate?  Not so much.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2010, 08:58:39 AM »
I'd love to see Marco Rubio on the ticket, either as #1 or #2.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Janice

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2010, 09:23:05 AM »

Wish there was a place of leadership at the very least for Rubio, DeMint, Palin, Bachmann and Christie. Not necessarily in that order. And there are many others.

And that we could get rid of Boehner, McConnell, Cornyn and Steele. They (in the current leadership) simply havent got the guts or the message ... however you want to slice it.

Other Repukes that should be weeded out ...

Olympia Snowe [R-ME]
Susan Collins [R-ME]
Lamar Alexander [R-TN]
Richard Burr [R-NC]
Saxby Chambliss [R-GA]
Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Judd Gregg [R-NH]
Orrin Hatch [R-UT]
John Isakson [R-GA]
Fred Upton (R-Mich)

Offline gurn

• "Are they paying us? Why aren't they paying us?"
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2010, 08:09:47 PM »
Politicians get written off by the public. Obama has already been written off. He's lost every swing state he won in 08.
He may have lost Michigan already too. The public has basically written him off as an incompetent poser, who's full of himself.

Unfortunately, the public has written off Palin too. I could be wrong. But I don't think so.
There are very few successful second acts in national politics.

This "We have to stand by our North Korean allies," gaffe is just her latest.
Plus - a lot of people - myself included - find the sound of her speaking voice very unpleasant.

A race between Palin & Obama would be a race between two candidates voters don't want.
Maybe she could win. But I doubt it. The Dems in big cities can always steal close elections
if all else fails.
"Our weak President, that kisses everybody's ass, is in more wars than I have ever seen. Now he's in Libya, he's in Afghanistan, he's in Iraq. Nobody respects us."
"This guy got the Nobel Peace Prize and every time I look is he's going into another country."

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2010, 09:57:15 PM »
Politicians get written off by the public. Obama has already been written off. He's lost every swing state he won in 08.
He may have lost Michigan already too. The public has basically written him off as an incompetent poser, who's full of himself.

Unfortunately, the public has written off Palin too. I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

Plus - a lot of people - myself included - find the sound of her speaking voice very unpleasant.

A race between Palin & Obama would be a race between two candidates voters don't want.
Maybe she could win. But I doubt it. The Dems in big cities can always steal close elections
if all else fails.

I guess that's why voters stand in line for hours to get her to sign a copy of her book or the tens of thousand that attend her rallies. They must like her voice. It is certainly not a New England voice which is a plus from my perspective.

She will run and win. Plus, I could give a hoot about Democrats in big cities.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:04:28 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »
Judd Gregg [R-NH]

Uh, again, you might want to update your list...he retired.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »

if all else fails.

I guess you don't realize how ignorant you sound when you repeat this tired meme. You might try reading this (and listening the the audio link provided) before you post that kind of uninformed drivel on a website that doesn't get their news from MSNBC or Raw Story. If you listen to the whole segment you'll hear that she said SOUTH Korea through the whole interview except this ONE time (and in context of the conversation it would be an easy slip up to make there). Every single person on the planet has made these kinds of mistakes. You included. So what? If you want to take issue with her stance on the issues that's worthy of debate and valid political discourse. To nitpick about a slip of the tongue that everyone has and will do more times than they can count, well that belongs at DU rather than here.

Cindie
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 03:50:25 PM by delilahmused »
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »

That's the truth! I love Palin, but the smears that have been allowed to fester the past couple of years should've been dealt with a couple of years ago, they weren't, and there are too many people out there who still believe Sarah said "I can see Russia from my house". Not even sure if Romney has a chance, he's flip flopped way too many times and has a lot of explaining to do as far as Romneycare in Mass. goes, I can't stand Huckabee or Gingrich at all, so here's hoping for a ticket that includes at least the names Pawlenty, Thune or DeMint on it.

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »
I'd love to see Marco Rubio on the ticket, either as #1 or #2.

I forgot about Rubio, you can add him to my list also.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2010, 10:23:54 AM »

Oooh!  I forgot about him!  He'd really split the Hispanic vote!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2010, 06:56:03 AM »

I'd be a little wary of putting someone from the Senate back on top of the ticket.

Once a generation or so, we have to put someone from the Legislative Branch in office to remind us of why they were there in the first place.

VP, yes.

I'd rather see someone like Haley Barbor, Bobby Jindal, etc.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »
I'd be a little wary of putting someone from the Senate back on top of the ticket.

Once a generation or so, we have to put someone from the Legislative Branch in office to remind us of why they were there in the first place.

VP, yes.

I'd rather see someone like Haley Barbor, Bobby Jindal, etc.

He has a thin record. Same with West and Scott Brown. I am amazed at conservatives when they jump on the band wagon of someone that is new/fresh who has little experience. We have an idiot in the W.H. who fits that description.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
He has a thin record. Same with West and Scott Brown. I am amazed at conservatives when they jump on the band wagon of someone that is new/fresh who has little experience. We have an idiot in the W.H. who fits that description.

As thin as Obama's record was, it was enough to show how left he was.  Then we had his record and actions as a community organizer which told most of us that he'd be bad for the US.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »
As thin as Obama's record was, it was enough to show how left he was.  Then we had his record and actions as a community organizer which told most of us that he'd be bad for the US.

It just goes to show you how uninformed voters were. A committed left winger who has a 100% liberal voting record and the majority of voters gloss over that fact, either do not care or are just plain ignorant. How the hell this POS has a approval rate of 20% is beyond me. 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2010, 09:11:43 AM »
How the hell this POS has a approval rate of 20% is beyond me. 

KoolAid.

Lots and lots and lots of KoolAid.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2010, 06:56:18 AM »

Which is all that is required to get the leftist/socialist vote.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin