Author Topic: MUST READ FOR ALL OWNERS OF FIREARMS  (Read 1110 times)

Offline 5412

MUST READ FOR ALL OWNERS OF FIREARMS
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:37:40 AM »
Hi,

I posted this three places so I suspect the mods will adjust it.  I wanted to be sure anyone who owns a weapon or has a concealed permit sees this.  Just got the following email from a friend.  I do not know how to validate it but it is a good warning to heed.  With government medical it is just a matter of time before this happens.  Even if this does turn out to be a hoax, it is more than likely gonna happen, if not already.

regards,

>    From
>a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

> I had a doctors appointment
>at the local VA  clinic
> yesterday and
>found out something  very interesting that I would like to pass 
> along. While
>going through triage  before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the 
> end of the exam,
>three questions: 
>
> 1. Did I feel stressed?

> 2. Did I feel threatened?
>
> 3.  Did I feel like
>doing harm to  someone?
>
> The nurse then  informed
>me, that if I had answered yes  to any of the questions, I
> would have lost
>my  concealed carry permit as it would  have gone into my medical
> records and
> the VA would have reported it to  Homeland Security.
> Looks like they
>are going after the vets  first.   
> Other gun people
>like retired law  enforcement will probably be next.  Then
> when they go
>after the  civilians, what argument will  they have?  Be forewarned and be aware.
>The Obama administration has gone on record as  considering veterans and gun
>owners potential  terrorists.  Whether you are a gun owner veteran or  not, you';ve been warned. If you
>know veterans and gun  owners, please pass this on to them.  Be very cautious about  what
>you say and to whom.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: MUST READ FOR ALL OWNERS OF FIREARMS
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
5412 sir....

I left this one here for more visability, however, I deleted the other two........

FYI.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Pat

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 12:47:09 PM »
anyone have a VA appt soon? maybe they can corroborate.....

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 01:31:22 PM »
anyone have a VA appt soon? maybe they can corroborate.....

Those questions are common place during a VA checkup, especially in cases of depression and/or head trauma. No  boogieman in the background.  Also the VA has no way of knowing if someone possesses a CCP unless you tell them and why would you.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline 5412

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »
5412 sir....

I left this one here for more visability, however, I deleted the other two........

FYI.....

doc

Hi,

No problem, that is why I said I posted it several places.  I figured you would know which one would have the most traffic.

Thanks,

Offline 5412

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »

Those questions are common place during a VA checkup, especially in cases of depression and/or head trauma. No  boogieman in the background.  Also the VA has no way of knowing if someone possesses a CCP unless you tell them and why would you.

Hi,

I agree with you about the VA; however the email said it goes to Homeland Security who would likely have that information or are in the process of setting up a database to get that information.

regards,

Offline Pat

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
Hi,

I agree with you about the VA; however the email said it goes to Homeland Security who would likely have that information or are in the process of setting up a database to get that information.

regards,

what's to be gained by DHS having a list? these privileges are granted at a state level or lower

Offline 5412

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 05:31:31 PM »
what's to be gained by DHS having a list? these privileges are granted at a state level or lower

Hi,

If DHS has the list and you answer yes to any of the three questions then I guess they could demand you give up your permit.  They want to track down on our own who are terrorists but God forbid they racial profile and start looking at muslims between the age of 25-40....

regards,

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 09:06:34 PM »
No, these question won't ONLY affect one's permit, but they're premise to have a person checked out for PTSD. It's not all that difficult to attach a medical diagnosis of PTSD to just about anybody. Once that happens, your guns COULD be confiscated and you would be denied to purchase any more via the NICS checks. This is far more serious than 5412 has stated. (I looked at what would qualify for PTSD symptoms and the symptoms are as ambiguous and broad as they are for alcoholics)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson