Author Topic: Today we need to keep our fingers crossed  (Read 767 times)

Offline 5412

Today we need to keep our fingers crossed
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:41:23 PM »
Hi,

This is one post that is totally serious.  We have seen reports that they expect Al Queida to do something within the US this year.  Ever since 9/11, come Super Bowl Sunday I get excited and a lump in my throat at the same time.

God I just hope that all concerned with security do their jobs today and do it well.  What a terrible tradgedy it would be if something happened.  Only thing beyond that is it would mobolize and unite Americans like never before.  Let's hope the bad guys also realize that.  Saddam felt our wrath after 9/11, and that would be a small sample of how America would likely react in this case.

My guess is I am not the only person who had that thought cross their mind recently.

Regards,

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Today we need to keep our fingers crossed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 12:47:35 PM »
Obama will say don't jump to conclusions and it's all Bush's fault anyway.
Then he will apologize again for our arrogance as a nation.

If we get attacked, the retaliation if any, will be rather weak.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:48:42 PM »
If anything happened, Lord Zero would blame al Qaeda in Afghanistan, just so he wouldn't have to provoke a Muslim country he likes.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 11:18:45 PM »
Ever since 9/11,  I have wondered about the BCS Bowl games and the Super Bowl.

Thankfully nothing happened this year.

While it would make a horrific impact....I think they are events that the security is so tight and are also "too expected" for a terrorist cell to try.

I think they will hit something again that has little to no protection. And something that will again have a huge impact and kill a lot of people.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.