Author Topic: Franklin Graham removed from Pentagon prayer service  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Franklin Graham removed from Pentagon prayer service
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »
WASHINGTON D.C. — The U.S. Army rescinded its invitation to evangelist Franklin Graham to speak at the Pentagon on the National Day of Prayer.

Graham, son of Billy Graham and this year's honorary National Day of Prayer Task Force chairman, is being criticized for comments he has made in the past expressing his belief that Islam is a dangerous religion.

Col. Tom Collins, an Army spokesman cited Graham’s previous comments that he wants Muslims to know that Jesus Christ died for their sins. Collins said the remarks were “not appropriate,” according to the New York Times.

In a statement released April 22, Graham said that he regrets that the Army felt it was necessary to rescind their invitation. “I want to express my strong support for the United States military and all our troops. I will continue to pray that God will give them guidance, wisdom and protection as they serve this great country,” Graham said.

The Army's decision comes one week after a federal judge ruled that a law setting a National Day of Prayer violates the First Amendment's prohibition on government establishment of religion. The Obama administration has announced that it will appeal the ruling, which Graham said is based on puzzling logic.

http://www.christianexaminer.com/Articles/Articles%20May10/Art_May10_01.html
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Franklin Graham removed from Pentagon prayer service
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:56:01 AM »
The Muslims might feel threatened so we can't have him inciting Christians to jump up in the middle of Army community centers screaming, "Jesus is Lord!" before shooting up a dozen or so people.

We can't have that now, can we?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 11:38:06 PM »
How sad I bet he had a great message to share
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline p.s. rehbein

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »
Another sad example of political correctness attacking Christianity.
John 3:16