Author Topic: Let me properly re-introduce myself  (Read 910 times)

Offline Schadenfreude

Let me properly re-introduce myself
« on: February 15, 2024, 08:14:04 AM »
I don't know what would behoove me to drop by on Valentines Day, but here we are.  :-) like many of you, very disillusioned with everything, leaving me to question just about everything I thought to be true. I won't go so far as claiming to be a conspiracy nut, but I will say nothing will surprise me at this point.

And yet, in all this chaos, the cave remains to be a constant, and friendships have a way of picking up where they left off.

Not much to report on my end. My younger brother passed away from pancreatic cancer a little over 2 years ago and I was blessed to be able to care for him to the end. I also have two beautiful grandchildren who I care for and love like crazy.

Anyway, good to check in! Hope you all happy, healthy, and well.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Let me properly re-introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 08:39:52 AM »
Eh, the difference between a conspiracy theory and a truth these days is about 6 months to a year!

I for one hope you stick around.  There are several I see on IG I wish would come back.  Chris, Thundley, Iassaftots (I think that's how it was spelled! LOL)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 08:43:43 AM »
Eh, the difference between a conspiracy theory and a truth these days is about 6 months to a year!

I for one hope you stick around.  There are several I see on IG I wish would come back.  Chris, Thundley, Iassaftots (I think that's how it was spelled! LOL)

KC

I think that's a fantastic idea, I'll send some messages out, it might be fun to have a small reunion in the lounge.  :heart:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 09:01:25 AM »
I think that's a fantastic idea, I'll send some messages out, it might be fun to have a small reunion in the lounge.  :heart:

You and BEG already stalked me a few weeks ago, so give it a shot.  :rotf:

Happy to see your return, and enjoyed our random message thread recently. Texacon mentioned a few of the folks that I'm also friends with on Facebook.

Sounds like a good task for you to work on. Don't go on FB on a daily basis, but when I do DarkHalo is always pushed to the top of my feed with tons of amusing stuff.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 09:06:42 AM »
You and BEG already stalked me a few weeks ago, so give it a shot.  :rotf:

Happy to see your return, and enjoyed our random message thread recently. Texacon mentioned a few of the folks that I'm also friends with on Facebook.

Sounds like a good task for you to work on. Don't go on FB on a daily basis, but when I do DarkHalo is always pushed to the top of my feed with tons of amusing stuff.

You were our dial-a-friend for the CU member name we were unable to retrieve (for anyone interested, it was Shannon). And then I lost control when you brought up TTMBFFITP.  :rotf:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 07:09:52 PM »
Hey you!  :greet:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 12:47:15 PM »
Hey you!  :greet:

Hi Carl! I know you sold the farm, how are things going?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2024, 05:29:20 AM »
Hi Carl! I know you sold the farm, how are things going?

Enjoying a lot better weather in the south  :cheersmate:

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2024, 07:11:02 AM »
I no longer believe anything... even the weather forecasts.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 11:56:27 AM »
I don't know what would behoove me to drop by on Valentines Day, but here we are.  :-) like many of you, very disillusioned with everything, leaving me to question just about everything I thought to be true. I won't go so far as claiming to be a conspiracy nut, but I will say nothing will surprise me at this point.

And yet, in all this chaos, the cave remains to be a constant, and friendships have a way of picking up where they left off.

Not much to report on my end. My younger brother passed away from pancreatic cancer a little over 2 years ago and I was blessed to be able to care for him to the end. I also have two beautiful grandchildren who I care for and love like crazy.

Anyway, good to check in! Hope you all happy, healthy, and well.

Welcome back. I guess you can now tell who else has shown up after a long time gone from here.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"