Author Topic: Nadin and other DUmmies sign a petition against Toys-R-Us  (Read 8794 times)

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Re: Nadin and other DUmmies sign a petition against Toys-R-Us
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2013, 06:20:52 PM »
and yet many "conservatives" and Republicans take advantage of the welfare state.  BTW. The largest segment of U.S. population in poverty was the senior citizen prior to the New Deal.  With the full deployment of social security, poverty among the very old who had worked their entire lives but not had savings in their retirment dropped dramatically.

Government of the people and by the people gives us more of a chance of having an equitable society than other forms of government. People voted for these things and they got them.  Social Security is but one example of the programs that have continued to make us one of the better off nations in the world.

Most were rural families.  Come to think of it, the largest segment of the US population in poverty back then was the US population.  There was no such thing as retirement until the Raw Deal.  

If you want to see how a REAL retirement plan works, check out Galveston, TX.  They opted out of SS back in the 80's, before the dimrats closed the loophole.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:33:49 PM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »
Uhhh, bullets?

Don't make me bitchslap you!   :asssmack:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2013, 06:34:09 PM »
Don't make me bitchslap you!   :asssmack:

Just trying to help the DUmmy out.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2013, 06:39:22 PM »
Just trying to help the DUmmy out.

Yeah, I'd like to help him out, too.

Out an open elevator door and down the shaft...

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
That would be  a wrong conclusion to draw from my post.  The point of my post is sometimes conservatives who skew toward rural America tend to build up stereotypes about the biography of people with liberal or progressive views about life.  I'm merely pointing out I did not spend my life in urban settings unaware of what it is like to muck out a horse stall and wheel barrow that shit down to become compost for a garden.  I am merely pointing out one can have hunted for deer, rabbit, squirrel, etc. and not be afraid of guns but still wish to see more control on handguns in U.S. cities to help stem the violence and death from guns in the U.S. that is appalling and something that can be changed (just ask Australia).

Yet you post an OP on DU basically lamenting rural Americans are 'poor' and have to hunt for food.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024154691

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »
I don't think 90% want guns confiscated. I think they want more control of handguns and other weaponry than the gun lobby seems to allow Congress to pass these days.  We can all agree or disagree on a whole spectrum of things that could be done re: stopping the flow of guns into the market, but there is no right or wrong answer. There is obviously SOME amount of gun control most people are ok with. (For instance, most think people who have a history of mental illness or who have served time in prison for violent crimes shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

Based on my reading at the DUmp, at least 90 percent want all guns to vanish from the earth.  If they can't get that, then they want an oppressive tax on ammunition, and a limit on magazines to about 5 rounds.  I could bring over loads of posts advocating for everything I just said.  To the DUmp, gun control consists of going back to black powder and single action revolvers.  To us, gun control means hitting your target.  It's a big divide.  But most of America is on our side of the issue, not yours.

And to your point about mental illness and felonies.  The laws on the book are quite sufficient.  It's just a matter of enforcing them. 

Sort of like border control - a little enforcement would go a long way to solving the problem.  But, since the bill passed by the Senate has lots of proposed border control, but leaves it up to the Homeland Secretary to decide what gets done, and when (a little fact never mentioned by the far left) I guess we'll just grant amnesty now and hope we get enforcement of the border later.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »
Yet you post an OP on DU basically lamenting rural Americans are 'poor' and have to hunt for food.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024154691

I posted my own specific case, and nowhere in that post did I generalize it to "all rural people". Some of the wealthiest people I knew were wheat farmers who had no problem crying poor any time it suited them.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »
I posted my own specific case, and nowhere in that post did I generalize it to "all rural people". Some of the wealthiest people I knew were wheat farmers who had no problem crying poor any time it suited them.
As far as PWhiped post on background checks and other gun control, I found an interesting article the other day.

I think it stated there were over 50,000 felons caught by background checks, trying to buy a gun.

Only 16 of them were prosecuted.

DUmmie gun control.   :lol:

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2013, 07:03:49 PM »

You have no idea about farming, so don't give me this "wealthy farmer" bullshit.

You have no idea of the capital outlay in land, seed, fertilizer, machinery, fuel, taxes, etc., required to run a farm.

Here's a little experiment for you, Scooter. 

How many YOUNG farmers do you see these days?

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »
Jesus said "Pay back Caesar's things to Caesar but God's things to God."  So he definitely thought his followers should dutifully pay their taxes to Caesar and devote their lives to God.  

Are you kidding me?  That's the context you got out what he said?  Did you miss the part where the Pharisees and Herodians were looking to pull some chikenshit trap, getting him to say they didn't have to pay taxes and tell the authorities Jesus was preaching to not pay taxes?

His point sailed straight over your head.  No wonder you turned from Him - you don't have the first clue as to what He was saying.

He said his kingom is no part of this world and his followers should be no part of this world.

Wait a minute...  First you said He said we should pay our taxes and then you say He said we "should be no part of this world"....

So, which is it? 

Fundamental interpretation of who Jesus was and what he and his followers said and did would indicate TRUE Christians shouldn't even involve themselves with politics of this world.

Really?  Care to back that up?  Can you?  

So Jesus did not advocate a specific % that would be ideal to pay toward the commons so we might have roadways, schools, and fire departments.

Funny, God only asked for 10%.  Why is it you think you need more?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
and yet many "conservatives" and Republicans take advantage of the welfare state. 

Bullshit, back it up.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »

Name them and give specifics or admit you are a liar.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2013, 09:51:46 PM »
Name them and give specifics or admit you are a liar.

Give up allready.  This punk is a DUmmie and therefore a liar.  It's just like trying to pin O'bummer down on the keep your plan "period" lies.