Author Topic: Nadin and other DUmmies sign a petition against Toys-R-Us  (Read 8787 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Nadin and other DUmmies sign a petition against Toys-R-Us
« on: December 07, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024141344

DUmmy "iwillnevershutup" posts:

Fri Dec 6, 2013, 10:23 AM

Iwillnevergiveup (6,411 posts)

Wow, this ToysRUs ad needs to be taken down

http://act.engagementlab.org/sign/toysrus/?akid=563.89772.noOBLu&rd=1&t=3

Response to Iwillnevergiveup (Original post)

Fri Dec 6, 2013, 12:26 PM

SheilaT (13,801 posts)

14. Haven't seen the ad, lucky me.

Not owning a television has the most amazing
:whatever:

Fri Dec 6, 2013, 03:23 PM

nadinbrzezinski (128,150 posts)

20. I rarely, any longer, sign petitions

I just did

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Nadin and other DUmmies sign a petition against Toys-R-Us
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 05:27:15 PM »
That should get our new pet DUmpmonkey all lathered up. He's still angry at Toys R Us for that "no closer than 500 feet" thing.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 05:33:25 PM »
It is unfortunate that you cannot see who has signed, such as Buzz Lightyear. 
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
That's okay, we more than made up for any hit that the entire membership of DU made today.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
Hey - they had a kid looking at a telescope in this ad.  That's environmentalish.

How is learning about trees more appropriate on a diesel sucking school bus where the children are packed in 3-4 to a seat?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 05:47:20 PM »

I just did

Oh, man!! Toys-R-Us is really in deep trouble now!

They're the target of an internet petition signed by a crazy bald dwarf. Shit!!

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »
Hey - they had a kid looking at a telescope in this ad.  That's environmentalish.

How is learning about trees more appropriate on a diesel sucking school bus where the children are packed in 3-4 to a seat?

Shhhhh...stop.  You're making sense.

And BTW, welcome back!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »
A couple of things come to mind:

Just what in the hell is so damned offensive about this commerical?

With over half the country under some type of winter weather (and winter still 2 weeks off), WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR F'N GLOBULL WARMING??????
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »

Just what in the hell is so damned offensive about this commerical?

and further, how is this an attack on global warming?
Hi5 btw.

Offline JGHB

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »

I just did

Is Toys R Us aware they have been "plonked"?
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024141344

DUmmy "iwillnevershutup" posts:
 :whatever:

Wondering when one of you konservative kave kids will have the intellectual honesty to point out how many DU'ers pointed out the very same things you are--that there appeared to be nothing wrong with the commercial.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »
Wondering when one of you konservative kave kids will have the intellectual honesty to point out how many DU'ers pointed out the very same things you are--that there appeared to be nothing wrong with the commercial.

Even a blind DUmmie will stumble onto a coherent thought occasionally.   :rotf:

It's rare, but shit happens.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »

We normally point out when one of your buddies posts something that is even too crazy for most of you moonbats.

The reality is all of you are still moonbats, you just have different levels of moonbattery.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 06:56:53 PM »

I'm wondering how long it'll take you to admit that your fellow travelers are ****ing whackjobs.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »

We do that here all the time.  Tell me, what is so intellectually honest about an echo chamber that does not tolerate opposing viewpoint and ...

are you sure that those are all DUers?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »
I'm wondering how long it'll take you to admit that your fellow travelers are ****ing whackjobs.

Some are extreme. Just like quite a few here are. I filter through that and find a lot of great information from articles and videos people at DU link. You guys might try doing more of that than stalking DU. That just makes you look pathetic. You could be like Free Republic but with a slightly better GUI.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »
Some are extreme. Just like quite a few here are. I filter through that and find a lot of great information from articles and videos people at DU link. You guys might try doing more of that than stalking DU. That just makes you look pathetic. You could be like Free Republic but with a slightly better GUI.

I find nothing at DU fit for wiping my ass with.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
I find nothing at DU fit for wiping my ass with.

Then you aren't looking very hard. Late Breaking News section is worth the visit even if you never see another part of the site.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »
Then you aren't looking very hard. Late Breaking News section is worth the visit even if you never see another part of the site.

You're right, I'm not looking.

I grew up on a farm, I know shit when I see it.

Offline Pretzel Warrior

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »
You're right, I'm not looking.

I grew up on a farm, I know shit when I see it.

If you grew up on a farm, you undoubtedly stepped in more than your fair share of shit. I spent part of my childhood on a farm. Owned guns. Went hunting. Not all DU'ers fit your stereotypes.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »
If you grew up on a farm, you undoubtedly stepped in more than your fair share of shit. I spent part of my childhood on a farm. Owned guns. Went hunting. Not all DU'ers fit your stereotypes.
You do fit a stereotype: nadin. You are making this thread all about you. and you are lying. You never grew up on a farm and you never went hunting.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »

I have yet to be surprised by one.

As far as stepping in my share, so what.  I also spread it, pumped it, moved it, even plowed it under.

I also had to negotiate thru more than my fair share of bureaucratic shit, and I'll take the bovine variety any day.

All you needed to "negotiate" with the latter type was a shovel.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:58:48 PM by diesel driver »

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »

Off doing something else right now, but I did say "Nadin and other DUmmies", not "Nadin and every DUmmy" in my thread title. I'm so glad I nominated you, and gl in the voting.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »
Off doing something else right now, but I did say "Nadin and other DUmmies", not "Nadin and every DUmmy" in my thread title. I'm so glad I nominated you, and gl in the voting.

Don't mind him, he's a DUmmy and we all know what Frank says about DUmmies.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 09:13:07 PM »

I'd say you are correct there PW. Those that don't fit the "stereotype" seem to get banned for some reason. Fact is PW, DU is the laughingstock of the internet. Defend it all you want... the facts say you are wrong. When you got people that are too damned helpless to figure out how to google changing a faucet washer, grown adults in their 50's mind you, that says something.

When you got locutus, a 30 year old male that can't seem to GET A JOB, that says something.
When you got grown adults, in their 50's, pulling stupid stunts, like hiding the remote in their place of business, that says something.
When you got a drug addict that post, when you got someone that thinks she is a male panther in a female human body that post, that says something.

Keep it up PW. I got a lot more examples. Million dollars worth of advice for free, PW. This is a debate you will lose and lose badly.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I tire of you. This is like Alabama playing a high school team. Boring. We are talking 70 points by half time here.

Have a nice evening.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi