Author Topic: Interesting about Intrade  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Interesting about Intrade
« on: October 23, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
I've gone to that site over the years but I'm doing some reading about it now because they keep showing Obama over 60%. Some of the things I've read is that it's foreign people who buy and trade, they said you have to have proof of citizenship when you sign up such as a Passport, and US citizens are excluded. Not sure if that's correct at all. Another interesting thing is that when Obama goes under 60% people start buying the stock up again, it's been speculated that it's Soros doing this. I think it's interesting because everytime Obama has gone down to 59% the stock jumps up, but today? it's down to 57.5% and the stock just keeps going down, I haven't seen any buying Obama up to 60+%.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Interesting about Intrade
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Maybe Soros himself knows that the party's over . . . :yahoo: :fuelfire: :evillaugh:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »
Ya know, when this first came out I thought it was interesting.

The idea of having actual skin in the game and maybe making some money if you were right...that makes sense right?

But of course that was back in the day, nowadays they put 0 over 60%!

No, I can't buy that and that 538 site or whatever...umm...Nate Silver I guess is his name, I can't get off my wallet for that either.

The primatives seem to enjoy them so it's all good.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:52:38 PM »
Well according to Intrade Romney is projected to take Colorado and Virginia, and Mitt is going up and Obama down on who'll be President, and that's after last nights debate.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »
Maybe Soros himself knows that the party's over . . . :yahoo: :fuelfire: :evillaugh:

According to Soros' MO, the party is likely just beginning.  This is how he's caused "regime change" in other governments: create contention during an election, make sure - by hook or by crook (mostly by crook) - the results are close, then let the leftists - who ALWAYS resort to political violence first, historically - rant and rave and riot when the sane people prevail in the election.

This fight will not be over when Romney blows Obama's doors off on November 6th.

:killemall:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Well according to Intrade Romney is projected to take Colorado and Virginia, and Mitt is going up and Obama down on who'll be President, and that's after last nights debate.

Well I don't know, I guess put money in to make a difference, take it out to cut your losses..

Me? I am going to stick with CAC (cause it don't cost me anyting).
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline BigTex

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »
Intrade is a joke. its mostly dominated by overseas money, its a good gauge of who europe thinks will win the election
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:54:11 PM »
Obama down to 56.8% now.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 06:05:27 PM »
Anyone can sign up.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
Anyone can sign up.

But I've read that US citizens can't trade because it's considered "gambling". I also read this on FR:

Two weeks ago I went to the site with the intent of buying contracts. The registration was a nightmare and included asking me to send a copy of my passport.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »
But I've read that US citizens can't trade because it's considered "gambling". I also read this on FR:

I guess it's sorta true.

You cannot use your credit or debit cards to fund your account. This is not the decision of Intrade but due to banking regulations in the US.
You will have to send a bank wire transfer in order to fund your account before the US election on November 6th. A check will not arrive and be cleared in time for the election.

Probably because it is considered gambling, but you can still do it.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline BigTex

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »
But I've read that US citizens can't trade because it's considered "gambling".

Yes, I was going to put some money on it but you have to send them 2 forms of ID and you can't use any US credit or debit cards. You have to wire money from your bank account. Way too much work to bet $50
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 04:43:10 AM »
According to Soros' MO, the party is likely just beginning.  This is how he's caused "regime change" in other governments: create contention during an election, make sure - by hook or by crook (mostly by crook) - the results are close, then let the leftists - who ALWAYS resort to political violence first, historically - rant and rave and riot when the sane people prevail in the election.

This fight will not be over when Romney blows Obama's doors off on November 6th.

:killemall:

How many of those governments had their citizens legally armed?  Zero.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.