Author Topic: subway cat alerts us of dangers of fundamentalist Christians  (Read 2762 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: subway cat alerts us of dangers of fundamentalist Christians
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
In today's edition of our local "alternative weekly," in the "I Saw U' section, is this little gem:

Patrica.  I first met you on September 22, 2010.  I arrived at Hope House broken, beat up and lost.  Through your love and support I grew into the person I always wanted to me (sic).  This road of life has led me to some strange places, but I wanted you to know that no matter where the road leads, You will always be on my mind and in my heart.  I know your job is thankless but without people like you, people like me wouldn't stand a chance.  Miss You.  G.B.

Nothing about "fundamentalist Christian houseing" or anything like that.  It's from a person who is obviously grateful for their help, and their efforts.

Here's what the subway feline's screed is, translated into something we (and cats) can understand:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Rawr!  (Bats air with paw)  HHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »
Also some Hope Houses offer services to seniors such as shopping, laundry and light housekeeping at a deeply discounted rate, it depends on what the person can afford, and they also have programs to help AIDS patients. These Religious run organizations are really horrible huh?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Karin

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
Thanks to all for the clarification.  Hope House is not for schizophrenics, who then get their medication confiscated.  It's for drug and alcohol addiction.  Big difference, DUmmies.  As you constantly bleat, "consider the source." 

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 12:20:33 PM »
Subway cat picked a good time not to be a dog.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
I dunno what the subway cat has against the Assemblies of God.

When I was checking some statistics some months ago, I learned that recently the Assemblies of God have been the fastest-growing denomination in America and Canada.  They're still small, but they've been taking off like a rocket.

Now, I have my own denomination that isn't the Assemblies of God, but I must say, more power to them.

They must be doing something right.

I attended an Assembly of God service maybe, oh, about five months ago; a social obligation.

The place was not small, and it was packed.  A little over half the adults there seemed to be under forty, and there were tons of kids.

Kudos to the Assemblies of God; obviously they have a message that resonates.

So probably the subway cat should try to figure out what's wrong with her, rather than what's wrong with them.  It might clear up a great deal of confusion in her mind.

When I lived in OKC as a kid, there was one Assembly of God church that would do weekly activities for kids.  Younger kids would have Super Saturday and older kids would have Youth Quake on Monday evenings.  Basically, they'd have games, scripture reading, puppet shows, quizzes based on scriptural knowledge and candy (truckloads of that.  IIRC, the pastor's wife worked for M&M/Mars).  For two straight summers, I went to their summer camp at Turner Falls.  Those were great times.  The culture is certainly different than that which I've experienced in any Lutheran church, but they are NOT a cult.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 05:21:05 PM »
There are TWO major flaws with Underground Panther rant.
1) all this outrage comes from a 2nd hand source. UGP has not been there herself to verify the story.
2) the source is not a news source or an unimpeachable character witness, the source is a fellow mental patient, a crazy person, a looney tune. Hardly the source I would accept before I pick up my torch and pitch fork.

Of course, UGP (crazy as a loon, herself) needs provide no proof. DU can always be counted on to engage in their favorite bigotry, Christian/Jewish hate speech.

The more I peruse the DUmp, the more I realize that all these posters would have been institutional patients in a mental asylum 50 or 60 years ago. The world was a kinder place back then.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
That place is in my town! I'll keep an eye out for a she-male who thinks it's a cat.   :rotf:

UhOh -- Once again - out of the 12 of us who post here, we have at least one member who is a stones throw away from a primitive. Imagine the odds !

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
UhOh -- Once again - out of the 12 of us who post here, we have at least one member who is a stones throw away from a primitive. Imagine the odds !

Two, actually. The Catbox Primitive is also in my general vicinity. ;)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »
For two straight summers, I went to their summer camp at Turner Falls.  Those were great times.  The culture is certainly different than that which I've experienced in any Lutheran church, but they are NOT a cult.

Yeah, that.

It's quite different from my own traditional Roman Catholicism, but at the same time, these are honest people, hard-working people, sober people, unselfish people, generous people, forgiving people, and so I have no problems wishing them well, wishing them to flourish and prosper.

The primitives should be so lucky, finding a similar joy in their own fetid sordid existences.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »
People, allow me, Assembly of Christ, United Pentecostal, Church of God, Church of Christ, if I'm not mistaken, are all just different variants of Pentecostal. I grew up a Pentecostal and became a Baptist, then non-denominational. Do I look like a f'n cult member? They talk in tongues, due to them getting the holy ghost in them. No, I can't explain it, not gonna try, and really not my f'n place to question it. It's not like the whole sermon is in tongue, just an episode or two of someone in the congregation getting up and doing it. These people aren't cult members. As for the differences, one main thing I found is Church of God women can wear makeup and cut their hair. United Pentecostal, no. They're not freaks. They worship the same god you do. ...and my mother has been a nurse for over 30 years and was raised Pentecostal. It's nothing but a different brand of Christianity. A "cult" is one that deviates deities. For example, Scientology.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »
People, allow me, Assembly of Christ, United Pentecostal, Church of God, Church of Christ, if I'm not mistaken, are all just different variants of Pentecostal. I grew up a Pentecostal and became a Baptist, then non-denominational. Do I look like a f'n cult member? They talk in tongues, due to them getting the holy ghost in them. No, I can't explain it, not gonna try, and really not my f'n place to question it. It's not like the whole sermon is in tongue, just an episode or two of someone in the congregation getting up and doing it. These people aren't cult members. As for the differences, one main thing I found is Church of God women can wear makeup and cut their hair. United Pentecostal, no. They're not freaks. They worship the same god you do. ...and my mother has been a nurse for over 30 years and was raised Pentecostal. It's nothing but a different brand of Christianity. A "cult" is one that deviates deities. For example, Scientology.
The main way to tell a cult from a non cult is, in the cult they obey unquestioningly.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline movie buff

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:59 AM »
Okay,
1. I was under the impression that checking into religious- based centers such as that one was completely voluntary. Nobody's being forced to go there, nor are they forced to stay there.
2. Considering that it is a Christian- based center, it kind of goes without saying that attending worship services would be part of the program. I don't see how that could be a news- flash to anyone, even psychos like the subway kitty.
3. The part where she says the people running the center tell their patients to just ignore hallucinations reeks heavily of B.S.. No proper Christian housing center specializing in treating the mentally ill would have employees who would tell patients that.
4. For that matter, the part about them confiscating doctor- prescribed medications also reeks heavily of B.S.. I am a devout Christian, an aspiring minister in fact, I have been around Christians of all different denominations and beliefs for years, and nobody, least of all myself, would hold that confiscating doctor- prescribed medications fits with the tenets of our faith or the proper ways of helping ill people. We believe that God can indeed perform miracles, but that doesn't mean we don't recognize the importance of prescribed medications.
5. The entire account is tainted by the fact that subway kitty is far from a reliable source, even by DUmmy standards. Between her own quite obvious severe mental illness and her immense hatred of all things even remotely Christian in nature (Both of which she manifests on a regular basis in her posts), she cannot be trusted to give an honest, factual, unbiased account of such matters. She in fact exposes her own prejudice through how she constantly switches from ranting about the center to spewing venom towards Christians in general, such as toward the end of her post when she says that Christians need to "Get out of the business of 'helping' people, period."
So probably the subway cat should try to figure out what's wrong with her, rather than what's wrong with them.  It might clear up a great deal of confusion in her mind.
DINGDINGDINGDINGDING! We have a winner!
subway cat's main problem has always been that she is incapable of recognizing that any of her countless problems are her own fault. It's the same reason why she bounces from therapist to therapist so frequently, as she wails about in her posts: She sticks by them as long as they just listen to her and write her prescriptions, but the very instant that any of them suggest that changes in her lifestyle might improve her mental health, she drops them and goes to someone else. It's a mixture of hedonism and self- righteousness that has further accelerated her descent into madness.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 08:57:40 AM »
Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Well that is #2 in the 12 steps. Something that I would expect to see in any addiction treatment center.
What the bloated subway road kill does not mention is that inpatient treatment centers do have doctors on staff who are able to prescribe needed medications for mental health issues. They take pills from new patients because anyone can bring in a pill bottle and claim that it is needed medication. Just because it says that it is say welbutrin does not mean that the patient has not switched out the pills or altered them in some way. So they take the medication that the patient has brought in and throw it away. Then they distribute needed medications from the center's own stock. Honestly it is not that they want to with hold needed medications it is just that you never trust a drug addict to not try to sneak something in.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
Step # 2 is almost impossible for libs.