Author Topic: cookbook for primitives  (Read 3780 times)

Offline RobJohnson

Re: cookbook for primitives
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 08:24:24 PM »
I'm tempted to try this at home.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

You better stock up on toliet tissue first.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »

Always be prepared.  :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 05:32:12 AM »

Always be prepared.  :)

I seem to remember hearing about a couple of the inmates in Sherrif Joe's County Jail in AZ suing over being fed this.  I think I'd take their recomendation, Chris.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 03:47:36 PM »
I found this oddly appropriate...

:lmao:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,342772,00.html

apparently some prisoners think it's illegal.  :whatever:

As for a primitive cookbook suggestion I have a few:

Buy the basics like grains, fruits, veggies, lean meats. Stock up when things are on sale. Use your freezer, make double batches. Oats are a wonderful way to get lots of healthy fiber in your diet and they cost pennies per serving. You can eat them alone or use them in many recipes. Whole grain pastas, brown rice, beans, etc..are all relatively cheap and easy to fix not to mention filling and full of nutrition. Stay away from anything prepackaged or processed. Convenience foods are only useful in a pinch. You could make your own for a fraction of the cost. Buy at the Farmer's Market. Find a local meat supplier. Even a basement dwelling Dumpmonkey could eat like a king by following my advice. Their bodies and wallets would thank me.

Side note: I find it ironic that the DUmmies are so verklempt over food costs/meal planning. Aren't they supposed to be the tree-hugging granola heads? I learned everything I know about good nutrition, living cleanly, being kind to the earth, being self-sufficient, etc..from my very conservative grandparents and parents. Of course these were salt of the earth type folks who would rather grown their own pototoes in a mudhole than to take a welfare check. They also taught me conservation of natural resources. They were "cool" when Al Gore was in knee pants. Silly DUmmies!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:22:45 PM by DixieBelle »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 04:56:17 PM »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline megimoo

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »
Fiber Brownies

Substitute Metamucil for the pot you usually add to the brownie mix. Enjoy!
Nutriloaf, what it tastes like to have your soul wither and die inside of you.

Served in some prisons as punishment for inmates' bad behavior (namely, throwing, spitting, or wasting their regular, non-loafed foodstuffs), Nutriloaf is essentially a day's worth of meals ground into a wet, bland brick. There have been a handful of lawsuits protesting the use of "meal loaf" in correctional facilities; however, most courts have found that, as long as the loaf in question meets certain daily nutritional requirements, it does not constitute cruel and unusual punishment. Therefore, we had no legal recourse when faced with this reader suggestion. The only question is, who among us would be willing to inflict such a thing upon his or her esteemed co-workers?

2 oz Cooked Ground Beef
4 oz Canned, Chopped Spinach
4 oz Canned Carrots, Diced
4 oz Vegetarian Beans
4 oz Applesauce
1 oz Tomato Paste
1/2 cup Potato Flakes
1 cup Bread Crumbs
2 oz Dry Milk Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder or Flakes

Preparation: mash the heck outta everything and slap it into a loaf pan. Cook until non-toxic.Basically, it's not that different from making a meatloaf, save for one major thing: There is hardly ANY meat in it whatsoever. I doubled the recipe, and there was still hardly enough beef in it to constitute a decent-sized meatball.

"Tastes like applesauce… really moldy applesauce."

"I don't want a bean, the beans look gross."

"I have that 'it doesn't want to go down' sensation."

"It tastes like a big mushy granola bar."

"It's a little sweet."

"It sticks to your teeth."

"It has this really loathsome grainy, mooshy quality."

"It tastes like punishment, all right."

"If you like applesauce and beans, I can see it not being too bad."

"It's the way it looks that's the problem. You eat with your eyes first, and my eyes say 'no.'"

"Like most taste tests, it is gag-inducing, but I swallowed it."

"It tastes like it's been formulated to remove all taste."

"It isn't appetizing, but it is edible. It's an unusual punishment, but not necessarily cruel."

"I didn't think I was going to be able to swallow it, but I did."

"It mostly tastes like applesauce and grain. It's mostly that flavor mixed with the texture of meatloaf that's disturbing. That, and the idea of having to eat that whole loaf instead of this one bite."

"If I was in the desert for three days and I hadn't eaten, I would be thrilled to eat Nutriloaf; any other situation, no."

"Even though it doesn't have a taste, it feels like something is lingering in my mouth. It's like a Nutri-ghost."