Author Topic: Limbaugh broadcasts dead air during commercial breaks  (Read 14019 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Limbaugh broadcasts dead air during commercial breaks
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 06:31:31 PM »
Can you cite an example of a Rush lie, please? And can you explain the "ban Rush" and "boycott Rush" hash tags on twitter?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 06:37:18 PM »
I knew that was going to happen, and you know Carbonite is going to want back in, and since the owner of Carbonite is affiliated with MoveOn.org? no way will Rush let them advertise again.

I believe they were the ones beggin' to get back in after their stock took a nose dive!

What did they think was gonna happen? Rush has approximately 30 million listeners! They didn't think they were investors or didn't use their product because Rush promoted it?

Life hurts when yer a stinkin' liberal!

(edited to add) I didn't see the new chew toy before I posted

And if advertisers don't like what Rush says, they put their money elsewhere. Free market baby.

OMG! We have a new chew toy! Wonder how long he'll last? Helluva lot longer than if we went over to the DUmmies site!

So what do ya have to say about Carbonite beggin' to get back on Rush's good side? Or was that prolly just a rumor about their stock takin' a DUmp when they pulled their ads, right? Bwahahahahahaha!

That's what they get for bein' affiliated with the militants at MoveOn, huh?

Typical primitive! You think the world starts and ends in yer little primitive little skull or in your controlled universe over at Underground!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:46:00 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Splashdown

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
Can you cite an example of a Rush lie, please? And can you explain the "ban Rush" and "boycott Rush" hash tags on twitter?

Sorry. One quick point. "lie," for our purposes, means telling a deliberate untruth. K? Thanks!
Let nothing trouble you,
All things are passing;
God never changes.
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 07:49:38 PM »
Comparing apples to oranges. Public airwaves with a private site. Such a surprise getting a dishonest comparison from the right.

Do tell about your idea of "public airwaves". What, exactly, does that mean to you?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline YouInvitedMe

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
As someone with boobs and a vagina, I am 100% fully aware that you take the pill daily.  HOWEVER, you can get a pack of these pills for $5 at Walmart.  ::)

$5 x 12 = $60

Only $60 for a year.  That's less money than I put in my gas tank every two weeks.

It is true that some women can get the pill that cheap but it is also true that not everyone does. It is not a "one size fits all" type of thing, it is a drug and different people need different dosages. If you really did have boobs and a vagina, you would know this and admit it but either there is some question going on there or maybe you just like having your health care controlled by men. Must suck to be a slave.

Lets throw in some more answers to other here. Carbonite. They asked to come back? Why is it only right wing bloggers are saying this and no news sources? They lost stock? True but what is not mentioned is that "The post didn't note that stocks on Tuesday in general suffered their worst loss in 2012, swooning on bad news overseas. On Wednesday, shares of Carbonite rose 4%." So it seems bloggers found one of the people who dumped Rush and decided to make up lies about it and leave out important bits. What a surprise.

http://news.investors.com/article/603543/201203071744/carbonite-pulls-ads-from-rush-limbaugh.htm

Rush Lies. Where to begin, where to begin. Lets go with one of my favorites "The worst of all of this is the lie that condoms really protect against AIDS. The condom failure rate can be as high as 20 percent. Would you get on a plane — or put your children on a plane — if one of five passengers would be killed on the flight? Well, the statistic holds for condoms, folks.

The Way Things Ought to Be. Pocket Books. October 1992. p. 134. ISBN 978-0671751456. OCLC 26397008."

This kills two birds here, the right knows anything about sex and Rush always tells the truth  :rofl: Plenty more Rush lies at link:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

oh, and it looks like the numbers of people abandoning Rush is not only getting bigger but spreading to the rest of the right wing talk machine:

http://www.radio-info.com/news/when-it-comes-to-advertisers-avoiding-controversial-shows-its-not-just-rush

Yes, yes, the advertisers are just quaking in their boots of the fearsome Rush listeners.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »
Do tell about your idea of "public airwaves". What, exactly, does that mean to you?

Oh that's easy Big Dog! It means gubmint subsidized air waves! You know like Armed Forces Radio, and PBS, God luv 'em!

Them airwaves. Ain't that right "Invited"?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 08:11:29 PM »
I would be glad to have an honest debate but don't start it off with a lie. Rush lies on a daily basis, all political commentators do, on both the left and the right.

Depending on the type of BC pill prescribed, it can cost from $750 to $1000 a year. BC must be taken daily regardless of activity, that is how it works. A shame the right is so repressed they know nothing about sex and are instead forced to call people a slut because they actually have any at all.

Here is where you go wrong -

You ask for an honest debate at the beginning of your post, then slip in a blanket insult at the end, which is in itself a lie. - tell me, how is this supposed to accomplish anything ?

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »
Well, this special little snowflake got caught in a lie, and got all defensive.

Quote from: YouInvitedMe
Depending on the type of BC pill prescribed, it can cost from $750 to $1000 a year.

EC pointed out to you that the low end on birth control pills is $60 per year.

If you were being honest, you would have said:

Quote from: YouInvitedMe (being honest)
Depending on the type of BC pill prescribed, it can cost from $60 to $1000 a year.

But, as you and your clan of intellectually inbred window-lickers continue to prove, DUmmies lie, all the time.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »

It gets lower than that - walk into any Planned Parenthood, and get condoms for free. If one insists on pills, they vary between $15 and $50 a month.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-pill-4228.htm

Now last I checked, $50 a month does not equate to $1000 a year. And thats assuming this person requires the most expensive thing on the shelf.

I find it intriguing that a liberal such as our new poster forgot about Planned Parenthood - or perhaps the poster didn't, and was hoping that we knuckledraggin' republikkons would instead.

Edit: typo : the high price mark for pills from PP is $50 a month, not $60 as originally posted.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:23:32 PM by miskie »

Offline YouInvitedMe

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2012, 08:22:58 PM »
Here is where you go wrong -

You ask for an honest debate at the beginning of your post, then slip in a blanket insult at the end, which is in itself a lie. - tell me, how is this supposed to accomplish anything ?

Insults are lies? Does that mean everyone on this site that insulted Sandra Fluke is a liar?

Offline YouInvitedMe

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 08:25:52 PM »
Well, this special little snowflake got caught in a lie, and got all defensive.

If you were being honest, you would have said:

But, as you and your clan of intellectually inbred window-lickers continue to prove, DUmmies lie, all the time.

So I say "it can be" when responding to someone saying Sandra Fluke is a slut for spending so much and am a liar but when EC claims everyone can get them for $60, she is not a liar? What an amazing lack of logic.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »
Insults are lies? Does that mean everyone on this site that insulted Sandra Fluke is a liar?

Are we being obtuse intentionally?

You made the statement that 'the right' - which is an all inclusive statement, isn't 'getting any action'. This is a lie.

The insult portion doesn't lend itself to the honest debate you asked for. Debating is supposed to be done with verifiable facts, not Ad Hominem statements.

Offline YouInvitedMe

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 08:28:04 PM »
It gets lower than that - walk into any Planned Parenthood, and get condoms for free. If one insists on pills, they vary between $15 and $50 a month.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-pill-4228.htm

Now last I checked, $50 a month does not equate to $1000 a year. And thats assuming this person requires the most expensive thing on the shelf.

I find it intriguing that a liberal such as our new poster forgot about Planned Parenthood - or perhaps the poster didn't, and was hoping that we knuckledraggin' republikkons would instead.

Edit: typo : the high price mark for pills from PP is $50 a month, not $60 as originally posted.

That is from one location, not what the standard cost can be. Why is the right only looking at the low end cost and ignoring what many other woman can and do pay. Are you all really that ignorant about birth control or just using lies so you can yell slut?

Offline YouInvitedMe

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »
Are we being obtuse intentionally?

You made the statement that 'the right' - which is an all inclusive statement, isn't 'getting any action'. This is a lie.

The insult portion doesn't lend itself to the honest debate you asked for. Debating is supposed to be done with verifiable facts, not Ad Hominem statements.

And you can point to a single person being honest about the cost of birth control here? Sure looks to me that there are none so I'll stand by all until you can show otherwise. Then I'll change it to 'most'. Sorry, it is not an insult but a fact.

Offline Splashdown

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
Sorry. I can't consider wiki as a credible source.

I've found other sources that say condom failure rate anywhere from 15 to 21 percent. I won't bring the source over, because it's a pro-life source. It quotes other sources, but still fair is fair.

So I've found sources independent of Rush that concur. not a lie, ie "deliberate untruth,"

Again. Can I get an example of RUSH LYING, please?

Thanks!
Let nothing trouble you,
All things are passing;
God never changes.
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »
It is true that some women can get the pill that cheap but it is also true that not everyone does. It is not a "one size fits all" type of thing, it is a drug and different people need different dosages. If you really did have boobs and a vagina, you would know this and admit it but either there is some question going on there or maybe you just like having your health care controlled by men. Must suck to be a slave.

Lets throw in some more answers to other here. Carbonite. They asked to come back? Why is it only right wing bloggers are saying this and no news sources? They lost stock? True but what is not mentioned is that "The post didn't note that stocks on Tuesday in general suffered their worst loss in 2012, swooning on bad news overseas. On Wednesday, shares of Carbonite rose 4%." So it seems bloggers found one of the people who dumped Rush and decided to make up lies about it and leave out important bits. What a surprise.

http://news.investors.com/article/603543/201203071744/carbonite-pulls-ads-from-rush-limbaugh.htm

Rush Lies. Where to begin, where to begin. Lets go with one of my favorites "The worst of all of this is the lie that condoms really protect against AIDS. The condom failure rate can be as high as 20 percent. Would you get on a plane — or put your children on a plane — if one of five passengers would be killed on the flight? Well, the statistic holds for condoms, folks.

The Way Things Ought to Be. Pocket Books. October 1992. p. 134. ISBN 978-0671751456. OCLC 26397008."

This kills two birds here, the right knows anything about sex and Rush always tells the truth  :rofl: Plenty more Rush lies at link:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

oh, and it looks like the numbers of people abandoning Rush is not only getting bigger but spreading to the rest of the right wing talk machine:

http://www.radio-info.com/news/when-it-comes-to-advertisers-avoiding-controversial-shows-its-not-just-rush

Yes, yes, the advertisers are just quaking in their boots of the fearsome Rush listeners.

We'll see who's still standin' when this totally fabricated war on birth control that turned into a war on women blows over. You don't think Rush hasn't weathered worst storms than this? Bwahahahahahahaha! You really are naive, ain't ya?

Funny how Planned Parent Hood advertises "free birth control, and even free killings if ya want one, ain't it?

So tell me again about this thousand dollar a year pill.

Uh, ya know what? I just wouldn't **** around! Ain't that the easiest way to prevent gettin' aids? me and my partner been to gether for 39 years. Long before lefties started spreadin' that crap around!

So I say "it can be" when responding to someone saying Sandra Fluke is a slut for spending so much and am a liar but when EC claims everyone can get them for $60, she is not a liar? What an amazing lack of logic.

Again, try to get it thru yer thick skull, Rush was callin' the babe who said she spent a thou a year on birth control. Fluke is just the one whinin' cause she didn't get to show up at Pelosi's dog and pony show!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:42:55 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 08:34:21 PM »
That is from one location, not what the standard cost can be. Why is the right only looking at the low end cost and ignoring what many other woman can and do pay. Are you all really that ignorant about birth control or just using lies so you can yell slut?

You're so cute.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »

Wrongo - that is from THE MAIN PP site - unless you want to state that PP misleads its clients.

Look again - You'll see. I promise.

Offline Splashdown

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
Sorry. I can't consider wiki as a credible source.

I've found other sources that say condom failure rate anywhere from 15 to 21 percent. I won't bring the source over, because it's a pro-life source. It quotes other sources, but still fair is fair.

So I've found sources independent of Rush that concur. not a lie, ie "deliberate untruth,"

Again. Can I get an example of RUSH LYING, please?

Thanks!

Sorry for break board protocol twice in this thread, quoting myself and all, but your own wikipedia, a source I don't count, even says the failure rate of condoms is 15 percent with "typical use."

So, sorry. Not a lie, I guess.
Let nothing trouble you,
All things are passing;
God never changes.
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2012, 08:47:48 PM »
That is from one location, not what the standard cost can be. Why is the right only looking at the low end cost and ignoring what many other woman can and do pay. Are you all really that ignorant about birth control or just using lies so you can yell slut?[/quote

Okay, so show us the lit you have that this woman had to have expensive birth control! If ya can't, yer arguin' on a false pretense, but then again, it seems you primitives have that down to a science, doncha?

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 08:48:25 PM »

It looks like time for Professor Big Dog to take you to school, child.

Evil Conservative spoke the truth. Any woman can go to WalMart with a prescription and get a variety of generic birth control pills for $4 or $5 per month, or $10 for 3 months in some markets. Annual cost, $40-$60 per year. You can confirm it by calling your local WalMart pharmacy and asking which BCPs are covered under their discount plan, or by printing the formulary at walmart.com.

What you are willfully ignoring is your own choice of words. I'll lay it out for you. You wrote "it can cost from $750 to $1000 a year." In your sentence, X=750, and Y=1000. In the English language, "from X to Y" means X would be the lower limit, and Y would be the upper limit. Another way to write it would be, "the annual cost of birth control pills is between X and Y dollars".

We have established that the actual value of X is $40-60, but I'll use Evil Conservative's number because she has boobs and a vagina (which is a good enough reason for me). You used a greatly inflated number for X, which leads us to one simple question:

Which are you, dishonest or stupid?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
Wrongo - that is from THE MAIN PP site - unless you want to state that PP misleads its clients.

Look again - You'll see. I promise.

Im going to quote myself, and end the debate, because this bores me. Here are all possible responses, followed by my final statement.

'PP doesn't really know the how much BC costs' - I say ' If PP doesn't know costs how do you expect Rush to ?' - I win.

'PP does mislead its clients' - I say ' If PP misleads it's clients, then obviously, you need to fix your own house first before going after Rush' - I win.

'PP doesn't mislead its clients' - I say ' Then Rush is justified at highlighting the over the top cost this woman testified about' - I win.

(no response) - I say ' too bad, and our debate was just shaping up too.' - I win. 

Offline Splashdown

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »
Im going to quote myself, and end the debate, because this bores me. Here are all possible responses, followed by my final statement.

'PP doesn't really know the how much BC costs' - I say ' If PP doesn't know costs how do you expect Rush to ?' - I win.

'PP does mislead its clients' - I say ' If PP misleads it's clients, then obviously, you need to fix your own house first before going after Rush' - I win.

'PP doesn't mislead its clients' - I say ' Then Rush is justified at highlighting the over the top cost this woman testified about' - I win.

(no response) - I say ' too bad, and our debate was just shaping up too.' - I win. 

lol. hi-5.
Let nothing trouble you,
All things are passing;
God never changes.
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 08:57:14 PM »
It looks like time for Professor Big Dog to take you to school, child.

Evil Conservative spoke the truth. Any woman can go to WalMart with a prescription and get a variety of generic birth control pills for $4 or $5 per month, or $10 for 3 months in some markets. Annual cost, $40-$60 per year. You can confirm it by calling your local WalMart pharmacy and asking which BCPs are covered under their discount plan, or by printing the formulary at walmart.com.

What you are willfully ignoring is your own choice of words. I'll lay it out for you. You wrote "it can cost from $750 to $1000 a year." In your sentence, X=750, and Y=1000. In the English language, "from X to Y" means X would be the lower limit, and Y would be the upper limit. Another way to write it would be, "the annual cost of birth control pills is between X and Y dollars".

We have established that the actual value of X is $40-60, but I'll use Evil Conservative's number because she has boobs and a vagina (which is a good enough reason for me). You used a greatly inflated number for X, which leads us to one simple question:

Which are you, dishonest or stupid?

Now, now, BD, let's just give her the benefit of the doubt. If he/she/it, wants to argue the cost, all we ask is that she prove this particular woman had that kind of expense. If not, I repeat, she is arguing on a false pretense!

"Toots" was on birth control in between our 2 kids as she has a pretty tough time of it. Funny how she only needed the $60/yr variety, and she had all kinds of problems.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »

Uh oh! Did we chase our chew toy away?