Author Topic: DU You Know, 2.0  (Read 11633 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: DU You Know, 2.0
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »
Here's an excerpt from the Judge on his ruling:

Well, having had the benefit of having spent over two-and-a-half years in predominantly Muslim countries, I think I know a little bit about the faith of Islam. In fact, I have a copy of the Quran here, and I would challenge you, Sir, to show me where it says in the Quran that Muhammad arose and walked among the dead. I think you misinterpreted a couple of things. So before you start mocking somebody else’s religion, you might want to find out a little more about it. It kind of makes you look like a doofus. …

In many other Muslim-speaking countries, err, excuse me, many Arabic-speaking countries, predominantly Muslim, something like this is definitely against the law there, in their society. In fact, it could be punished by death, and frequently is, in their society.

Here in our society, we have a Constitution that gives us many rights, specifically First Amendment rights. It’s unfortunate that some people use the First Amendment to deliberately provoke others. I don’t think that’s what our forefathers intended. I think our forefathers intended to use the First Amendment so we can speak with our mind, not to p— off other people and cultures – which is what you did.

I don’t think you’re aware, Sir, there’s a big difference between how Americans practice Christianity – I understand you’re an atheist – but see Islam is not just a religion. It’s their culture, their culture, their very essence, their very being. They pray five times a day toward Mecca. To be a good Muslim before you die, you have to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, unless you’re otherwise told you cannot because you’re too ill, too elderly, whatever, but you must make the attempt. Their greeting is ‘Salam alaikum, wa-laikum as-Salam,’ uh, ‘May God be with you.’

Whenever it is very common, their language, when they’re speaking to each other, it’s very common for them to say, uh, Allah willing, this will happen. It’s, they’re so immersed in it. And what you’ve done is, you’ve completely trashed their essence, their being. They find it very, very, very offensive. I’m a Muslim. I find it offensive. I find what’s on the other side of this [sign] very offensive. (Editor’s note: Reverse of sign said, “Only Muhammad can rape America!) But you have that right, but you are way outside your bounds of First Amendment rights. …

I’ve spent about seven years living in other countries. When we go to other countries, it’s not uncommon for people to refer to us as ‘ugly Americans.’ This is why we hear it referred to as ‘ugly Americans,’ because we’re so concerned about our own rights, we don’t care about other people’s rights. As long as we get our say, but we don’t care about the other people’s say.

Carl Silverman of the Parading Atheists of Central Pennsylvania told WHTM-TV, “We understand that Muslims are extremely sensitive. But this is America, and you need to get over the sensitivity and take out your opposition in peaceful ways – not by attacking people physically.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 10:42:47 AM »
Here's an excerpt from the Judge on his ruling:

For oncec, I agree with an atheist.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 11:46:26 AM »
Sometimes atheists get religion. Sometimes they have religion foisted upon them.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »
Can you imagine the outrage if a Christian Judge made the same ruling against an Atheist?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 11:50:13 AM »
From Chicks on the Right:

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 11:52:03 AM »
Like Bobby Loved Whitney. Like Ike loved Tina.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »
Benefits earned by people who hardly make any money as opposed to those that do:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »
Anyone who paid attention to the recent flap of Obama dictating what Catholics are and are not allowed to believe may recall that much of the support of the mandate for contraceptive funding centers on anti-Catholic bigotry.

In turn that bigotry (really, nothing more than the reflex of cockroaches in sunlight) is "justified" by the pedophile priest scandals.

We are left to wonder if this too-many-pedophiles-equals-a-moribund-institution-that-should-be-disbanded moral precept is universal in its application:

An instructor at a midtown high school was arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges for allegedly forcibly touching a 14-year-old student in a sexual manner -- the sixth such incident involving a New York City public school employee in recent weeks, police said.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Manhattan-Teacher-Arrested-for-Groping-Student-Police--140804323.html
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:09 PM »
Rubbing Peter to prey on Paul.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 03:33:17 PM »

Hmmmm, after Obama said he was going to buy a Volt after his next "five" years...

(DFP) — General Motors has told 1,300 employees at its Detroit Hamtramck that they will be temporarily laid off for five weeks as the company halts production of the Chevrolet Volt and its European counterpart, the Opel Ampera.

“Even with sales up in February over January, we are still seeking to align our production with demand,” said GM spokesman Chris Lee.

Lee said employees were told Thursday that production would put on hold from March 19 to April 23.

The Chevrolet Volt, an extended-range electric car, is both a political lightning rod and a symbol of the company’s technological capability.

Chevrolet sold 1,023 Volts in the U.S. in February and has sold 1,626 so far this year.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 03:44:13 PM »
Hmmmm, after Obama said he was going to buy a Volt after his next "five" years...

You would think that Obama and Chu driving up the cost of gas that people would be flocking to buy these POSs.  Oh, wait a minute, electricity costs will go up if Obama gets his way, so .......

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 05:45:28 PM »
Benefits earned by people who hardly make any money as opposed to those that do:

That right there is enough to smooth piss a person off.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »
5 freaking 49, $5.49 for a 12 pack of Soda, seriously?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »
From Twitter:

Ticket to Obama fund raiser: $35,000. Enough to buy one year of Target birth control pills for 330 women. #WhyDoYouHateWomen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »
How many DUmmies will prostate themselves in grief?
Venezuela's Hugo Chávez Says Tumor Is Cancerous
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/03/05/147970963/venezuelas-hugo-ch-vez-says-tumor-is-cancerous?ft=1&f=1001

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »
LINK

LIBERAL RADIO HOST MOCKS STORM VICTIMS: ‘THEIR GOD…KEEPS SMASHING THEM INTO LITTLE GREASE SPOTS’
Posted on March 5, 2012 at 10:58am

With all the talk of holding radio talk show hosts accountable lately, it’s probably worth bringing you what liberal firebrand Mike Malloy said last week as storms ravaged the South. According to a clip from his March 2 show, it seems the storms are God’s way of getting back at them for not believing in science. Or something.

“Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in  Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma,” Malloy says in his broadcast from Friday. “You know, the Bible belt, where [in a mocking voice] they ain’t gonna let no *******ed science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about 20 people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

Offline thundley4

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 12:39:17 PM »
I'm sharing the youtube video on Facebook, with the following comment:

He is taking his cue from Obama, who still hasn't said anything about the disaster that hit the midwest. Of course that slut was more important, I guess.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
Oh my BEG!

And here's the youtube:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=44hU4pVaV4g[/youtube]

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »
Please read the rest: LINK

Rush Limbaugh Isn’t the Only Media Misogynist
Mar 4, 2012 10:00 AM EST
Kirsten Powers

Rush Limbaugh apologized on Saturday for calling a Georgetown Law student a slut for testifying about contraception and starting a firestorm of outrage. Kirsten Powers says the liberals who led the charge need to start holding their own side accountable.

Did you know there is a war on women?

Yes, it’s true. Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher, Matt Taibbi, and Ed Schultz have been waging it for years with their misogynist outbursts. There have been boycotts by people on the left who are outraged that these guys still have jobs. Oh, wait. Sorry, that never happened.

Boycotts are reserved for people on the right like Rush Limbaugh, who finally apologized Saturday for calling a 30-year-old Georgetown Law student, Sandra Fluke, a “slut” after she testified before congress about contraception. Limbaugh’s apology was likely extracted to stop the departure of any more advertisers, who were rightly under pressure from liberal groups outraged by the comments.

**snip**

But if Limbaugh’s actions demand a boycott—and they do—then what about the army of swine on the left?

During the 2008 election Ed Schultz said on his radio show that Sarah Palin set off a “bimbo alert.” He called Laura Ingraham a “right-wing slut.” (He later apologized.) He once even took to his blog to call yours truly a “bimbo” for the offense of quoting him accurately in a New York Post column.

Keith Olbermann has said that conservative commentator S.E. Cupp should have been aborted by her parents, apparently because he finds her having opinions offensive. He called Michelle Malkin a “mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick.” He found it newsworthy to discuss Carrie Prejean’s breasts on his MSNBC show. His solution for dealing with Hillary Clinton, who he thought should drop out of the presidential race, was to find “somebody who can take her into a room and only he comes out.” Olbermann now works for über-leftist and former Democratic vice president Al Gore at Current TV.

The grand pooh-bah of media misogyny is without a doubt Bill Maher.
Left-wing darling Matt Taibbi wrote on his blog in 2009, “When I read [Malkin’s] stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of balls in her mouth.” In a Rolling Stone article about Secretary of State Clinton, he referred to her “flabby arms.” When feminist writer Erica Jong criticized him for it, he responded by referring to Jong as an “800-year old sex novelist.” (Jong is almost 70, which apparently makes her an irrelevant human being.) In Taibbi’s profile of Congresswoman and presidential candidate Michele Bachmann he labeled her “batshit crazy.” (Oh, those “crazy” women with their hormones and all.)

**snip**

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 01:16:03 PM »
I had to add a little more from Kirsten's article. I think she will have to give back her liberal card after this. 

But the grand pooh-bah of media misogyny is without a doubt Bill Maher—who also happens to be a favorite of liberals—who has given $1 million to President Obama’s super PAC. Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job. Maher said of a woman who was harassed while breast-feeding at an Applebee’s, â€œDon't show me your tits!” as though a woman feeding her child is trying to flash Maher. (Here’s a way to solve his problem: don’t stare at a strangers’ breasts). Then, his coup de grâce: â€œAnd by the way, there is a place where breasts and food do go together. It’s called Hooters!”

Liberals—you know, the people who say they “fight for women”—comprise Maher’s audience, and a parade of high-profile liberals make up his guest list. Yet have any of them confronted him? Nope. That was left to Ann Coulter, who actually called Maher a misogynist to his face, an opportunity that feminist icon Gloria Steinem failed to take when she appeared on his show in 2011.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »
Thank You!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »
Hey DUmmies, remember when your hero, Alan Grayson called a woman "a K street whore"?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXkqCjlnOmY[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHQls__P3E[/youtube]

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »
Hey DUmmies, remember when your hero, Alan Grayson called a woman "a K street whore"?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXkqCjlnOmY[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHQls__P3E[/youtube]

You mean 1 of the hero's of the left called a lobbyist, a non-elected person, so basically a private citizen, he called her a whore?

Offline sybilll

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
I had to add a little more from Kirsten's article. I think she will have to give back her liberal card after this. 

In fairness to Kirsten, she is always rock solid when it comes to misogyny on both sides. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 08:04:11 PM »
In fairness to Kirsten, she is always rock solid when it comes to misogyny on both sides. 

Oh I know, she is consistent in this regard. I'm just saying liberals won't like it.