Author Topic: Wrist hurts  (Read 5934 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Wrist hurts
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »
Yesterday I woke up and my left wrist hurts ( I'm left handed). Today it hurts worse. I can hardly turn the door knob, that is how bad it hurts. It hurts on both side of my wrist, the bones actually hurt. If I raise or lower my hand it hurts but it hurts more raise my hand. 

I can't think of anything I have done to hurt it, does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?  I have a wrist guard or what ever it's called the that doctor gave me when I hurt my wrist when the lid of the window seat came crashing down on it (this happened months and months ago) but it is in storage.  :thatsright:

Offline CG6468

Re: Wrist hurts
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »
Maybe you slept on your hand when it was in the wrong position.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 08:34:23 AM »
I saw your subject and immediately looked to see what guy started this post  :naughty:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »
Switch hands.........................hubby will thank you.       O-)

All kidding aside, it's probably A G E, or you slept on it. 

:-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »
Switch hands.........................hubby will thank you.       O-)

All kidding aside, it's probably A G E, or you slept on it. 

:-)

Do you sleep hard?  hubby could have taken care of bizzness without you knowing  :panic:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »
My rhuematoid arthritis started that way. First my thumbs, now my wrists.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »
Do you sleep hard?  hubby could have taken care of bizzness without you knowing  :panic:

GINA for the love of all pay attention.

It is these little things that that are a warning sign there may be trouble coming and should not be ignored.

Check into what is normal. Beg has a problem that is far from normal, one day she awakens to a problem in her hand that was not there in the hours before she went to sleep.

Where did it come from and why now bother her????? 

Check the silent killers on the web, all the very slight things that precede a stroke or a heart attack.

We ignore the swelling in the legs, the twinges we get in back from time to time. The heart burn occasionally  and prehaps moment we get dizzy.  Is this stress, low blood sugar, or something warning us of inpending disaster??

Any thing that is abnormal needs to be looked into, be it a vision problem to a bad head ache.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 12:03:23 PM »
 :hammer:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »
I can't wait for the Gina-Vesta throwdown.  :popcorn:

Oh. And hope you feel better, BEG.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »

It would just be long posts vs emoticons  :lmao:

Offline cmypay

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »
BEG, do you do a repetitive motion-type job (computer work, cashier, etc.)? It could be as simple as you slept wrong, or arthritis, or carpal tunnel or any number of other things. When I have severe weird pain show up, I let it go a couple of days and then RUN to the dr. There's just too much out there to ignore unusual symptoms. Hope you feel better!

Offline CG6468

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »

If a sleeper sleeps softly, what does a hard sleeper sleep with?
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline New California Republic

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
I'm cursed with skinny wrists so I can literally feel your pain...

You may have slept on your wrist and that is causing your discomfort
You might be putting unecessary strain on that particular wrist with your daily activities, try changing things up or being more aware of how much you're straining your wrist.

My wrist is sometimes an issue and I use power putty to help rehabilitate it, works great for me http://powerputty.com/

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 05:42:01 AM »

Not really Splash, I have great respect for Gina and I do not pull the tail of anyone I do not respect.  Gina makes me laugh and for me being homebound it gives me great fun to consider how I can one up her.

Without Gina and a few others I would have little laughter or sunshine in my life.  If you believe it would be interesting for Gina and me to go head to head on a subject that we both can get outrageous and have a good time at the same time, name it, let us pick out and decide what side of the debate we wish to take.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
BEG, do you do a repetitive motion-type job (computer work, cashier, etc.)? It could be as simple as you slept wrong, or arthritis, or carpal tunnel or any number of other things. When I have severe weird pain show up, I let it go a couple of days and then RUN to the dr. There's just too much out there to ignore unusual symptoms. Hope you feel better!

No cmypay, I think it's my reactive arthritis. At first I did think I just slept on it wrong so i got a wrist brace from CVS and I honestly cant say if it helped or not.  I do wear it at night religiously.  I am positive for HLAB27 (google it for those who didn't know about it) and have had reactive arthritis in my knee and foot/toes. Somedays it hardly hurts and the next day I can't even turn a door knob. My doctor prescribed me the inti-inflammatory mobic (15 mg I believe) for something else. One day I couldn't stand the pain and took two of the mobic and it helped a ton. I haven't done that again as I have no idea if doubling the dose would be a good idea.

I know he will tell me that its all related to the crap I have. I think I'm going to ask for a higher dose of mobic though. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 07:44:49 PM »
I'm cursed with skinny wrists so I can literally feel your pain...

You may have slept on your wrist and that is causing your discomfort
You might be putting unecessary strain on that particular wrist with your daily activities, try changing things up or being more aware of how much you're straining your wrist.

My wrist is sometimes an issue and I use power putty to help rehabilitate it, works great for me http://powerputty.com/

Thanks for the info NCR, I think I'm going to look into that.

Offline cmypay

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »
Best of luck in finding relief. I hope your doctor can and will help and you get to feeling better quickly. Chronic diseases suck