Author Topic: The Iraq occupation will continue until American kids stop volunteering to kill  (Read 5318 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
NNN0LHI  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jan-10-08 02:49 PM
Original message
The Iraq occupation will continue until American kids stop volunteering to kill Iraqi kids

Thats what it is going to take to end the slaughter. Nothing else will. I can remember watching film (Thats what we had back then. It was physically flown back from Vietnam daily.) of a platoon of US soldiers refusing to kill any more Vietnamese people on the 5:00 news.

That was the beginning of the end.

Don

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2652875

JohnyCanuck  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jan-10-08 11:24 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. They should carry a sign then, "will kill for food." n/t

Once again the primitives show thier support for our troops.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
JohnyCanuck  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jan-10-08 11:24 PM
Response to Reply #1

Liberals should carry signs that say: "Will Betray My Country For Anything".
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Lord Undies

What is most mindbogglingly is how they still - STILL - think what is going on in Iraq is just like Vietnam.  I mean, com'on, any idiot with two brain cells knows they is no comparison. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
What is most mindbogglingly is how they still - STILL - think what is going on in Iraq is just like Vietnam.  I mean, com'on, any idiot with two brain cells knows they is no comparison. 

I believe you provided your own answer...they do not have the two brain cells.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
The nnnolh1 primitive is a cranky crusty old man; he probably recalls movie-house news-reels from the second world war too
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
When are they going to be human shields???
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline LadyLiberty

They have not yet received the memo that we are winning there.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7

Would it matter? They WANT us to lose anyway.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion

Would it matter? They WANT us to lose anyway.

No, they want defeat in Iraq as badly as many of us here want victory.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.

I had the chance to talk to a couple of soldiers during my bus trip. They told me things in Iraq are going fairly well.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.

I had the chance to talk to a couple of soldiers during my bus trip. They told me things in Iraq are going fairly well.

It's a difficult task to bring a country out from under the heel of a dictator and into the 21st century at the same time. Anyone with an ounce of sanity wants our military to be sucessful. DUmmies of course want the US to fail, they are pathetic. :censored:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Man I sure do appreciate the way those DUmmies "support" me. :whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jinxmchue

So if you're 18 years old and you join the armed forces, you're a "kid."  How much you want to bet a 16-year-old kid protesting against the war (a la Ava Lowery) would be called "a man" by these twits?

Offline Papakvapilak

• Probationary (Probie)
I think these folks despise the military because everyone in it has a job.  That rules them out of the popular demographic for campaign contributions.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
I think these folks despise the military because everyone in it has a job.  That rules them out of the popular demographic for campaign contributions.

Damn, you need an avatar, Airborne.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Response to Reply #1

Liberals should carry signs that say: "Will Betray My Country For Pot".

Fixxored  :naughty:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Response to Reply #1

Liberals should carry signs that say: "Will Betray My Country For Anything".

They don't need a reason for their treason. :libssuck:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
Where is all this killing going on, that's where I want to go on my next patrol?
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline Lord Undies

Where is all this killing going on, that's where I want to go on my next patrol?

I want to know how these kids sneak over to Iraq.  It seems like their parents, or their grandparents, or their school would notice them gone. 

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
I want to know how these kids sneak over to Iraq.  It seems like their parents, or their grandparents, or their school would notice them gone. 
Liberal parents let their kids run free, and the NEA ruined the schools.
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell