Author Topic: caught in the us illegally? no problem... we'll put you up in a resort.  (Read 2191 times)

Offline sofa king

from the houston chronicle:

ICE to make detention centers more humane
By SUSAN CARROLL HOUSTON CHRONICLE
June 8, 2010, 10:16PM

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials are preparing to roll out a series of changes at several privately owned immigration detention centers, including relaxing some security measures for low-risk detainees and offering art classes, bingo and continental breakfast on the weekends.

The changes, detailed in an internal ICE e-mail obtained by the Houston Chronicle, were welcomed by immigrant advocates who have been waiting for the Obama administration to deliver on a promise made in August to overhaul the nation's immigration detention system.

The 28 changes identified in the e-mail range from the superficial to the substantive. In addition to “softening the look of the facility” with hanging plants and offering fresh carrot sticks, ICE will allow for the “free movement” of low-risk detainees, expand visiting hours and provide unmonitored phone lines.

...[more]...

At the CCA facilities that have agreed to ICE's changes, detainees will see more variety in their dining hall menus and have self-serve beverage and fresh vegetable bars.

CCA also plans to offer movie nights, bingo, arts and crafts, dance and cooking classes, tutoring and computer training, the e-mail states.

Detainees also will be allowed four hours or more of recreation “in a natural setting, allowing for robust aerobic exercise.”

CCA also committed to improving the look of the facilities, such as requiring plants, fresh paint and new bedding in lower-risk units.

...[more]...

isn't that nice of ice? 

hell, i just might chuck my us id, head to texas and check in as an illegal myself.

i could use a vacation like that.

here's the link to the story.  don't read it after you have eaten.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7043040.html 

Offline cavegal

This is way out of control.  :censored: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
They got that brilliant idea from us.

Illegal migrants being placed in "hotels" because the detention centers are full.

The detention centers being full because of another failed leftist policy.