Author Topic: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties  (Read 27079 times)

Offline soleil

Re: obama to butt pluggers- I'm cutting the funding for cooties
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 08:39:25 PM »
Easily accomplished.....stop having anal sex (or sharing needles) with HIV-positive men........problem solved.

Further, since AIDS is incurable, tattooing a "biohazard" symbol on the foreheads of anyone infected would be a step in the right direction.

doc

Well then surely you'd want anyone with a transimittable disease to also have that tattoo?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »
Ok hon. Are you referring to your question about which group is the highest infected?

That, as well as which group ACTIVELY seeks to spread HIV among its community, facilitated by sex parties at which said "bug-chasers" and "gift-givers" engage in unprotected sex SOLELY for the purpose of spreading HIV?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »
HIV-AIDS preys on people who engage in behavior that many people see as immoral  - especially people who have  multiple partners or use IV drugs and don't follow sanitary rules.

Don't engage in that behavior or associate with people who do, and you've got a statistically insignificant chance of catching it.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 08:41:16 PM »
Well then surely you'd want anyone with a transimittable disease to also have that tattoo?

Were it contagious and incurable, sure.  Common cold?  Not so much.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »

One that is both transmittable and incurable.....absolutely.....

doc

Offline sofa king

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »

dudes, i'm thinking you may inadvertently just "pushed a button" with our dear little soleil.

she apparently likes her "somthin, somthin" to include a visit from the back-doorman...

Offline soleil

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
That, as well as which group ACTIVELY seeks to spread HIV among its community, facilitated by sex parties at which said "bug-chasers" and "gift-givers" engage in unprotected sex SOLELY for the purpose of spreading HIV?

I've known of people purposely spreading the disease for scorned reasons. They weren't all gay.

And I already said that AIDS is easier spread through anal sex. Gay men probably have anal sex, so I am not sure what else you want me to say about that.

My point is not to label to disease, but to find a cure. That should be everyone's concern. I know people who have been affected through transfusions. They are older of course, but they don't care what kind of disease it is. They just want it to be cured. It is an epidemic. Advocate safe sex for everyone. It doesn't just affect gay men. Maybe more than others, but that doesn't matter. People are still getting HIV. Gay and straight.

Offline sofa king

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
Was this addressed to me?

nope.

soleil.

the one dismissing aids as "just another std."  the one trying to fluff off all concern about this disease being "just as common as getting a case of the crabs."

soleil.

that one...

Offline sofa king

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 08:53:55 PM »

Gay men probably have anal sex...

wait.  what?

really?

:rotf:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »
I've known of people purposely spreading the disease for scorned reasons. They weren't all gay.

Again, thanks for not answering my question.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2010, 08:56:51 PM »
Not sure if this is the one you had in mind but the same point.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,30233.msg318259.html#msg318259

No but that one is just as disgusting. The one I was referring to was about gays not being able to donate blood.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline soleil

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »
Again, thanks for not answering my question.

What else do you want me to say? Of course it will be higher among gay men. The disease is spread easier through anal sex. Are you wanting me to admit that gay men are more likely to be the assholes to want to spread it on purpose? I won't admit that. I will admit that an asshole or deranged person will do that. That has nothing to do with being gay. That has to do with being a crappy person.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2010, 08:58:05 PM »

And I already said that AIDS is easier spread through anal sex. Gay men probably have anal sex, so I am not sure what else you want me to say about that.

My point is not to label to disease, but to find a cure. That should be everyone's concern. I know people who have been affected through transfusions. They are older of course, but they don't care what kind of disease it is. They just want it to be cured. It is an epidemic. Advocate safe sex for everyone. It doesn't just affect gay men. Maybe more than others, but that doesn't matter. People are still getting HIV. Gay and straight.

Some quibbles:

1.  There is already more money being spent on AIDS research than the TOP THREE deadly diseases combined.....

2.  AIDS is only an "epidemic" in the homo and drug world......the rest of us are not really at risk

3.  Since safeguards are in place, infections through transfusions is nearly ZERO........

4.  There are NO "older people" infected with AIDS......time between the HIV-pos/AIDS conversion to death is approximately three years, tops.....

Most of us believe that AIDS reasearch should be cut to zero......those that end up with the disease have "earned" it, through their own irresponsible actions......all those research dollars could be much better spent on cancer or heart disease.....which would help FAR more people.......

doc

Offline soleil

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »
No but that one is just as disgusting. The one I was referring to was about gays not being able to donate blood.

I have no problem with anyone being able to donate blood. We need as much blood as we can get. It all needs to be screened for diseases of any kind that could be transmitted.

Offline soleil

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 09:02:43 PM »
Some quibbles:

1.  There is already more money being spent on AIDS research than the TOP THREE deadly diseases combined.....

2.  AIDS is only an "epidemic" in the homo and drug world......the rest of us are not really at risk

3.  Since safeguards are in place, infections through transfusions is nearly ZERO........

4.  There are NO "older people" infected with AIDS......time between the HIV-pos/AIDS conversion to death is approximately three years, tops.....

Most of us believe that AIDS reasearch should be cut to zero......those that end up with the disease have "earned" it, through their own irresponsible actions......all those research dollars could be much better spent on cancer or heart disease.....which would help FAR more people.......

doc

I know that transfusions are no longer really a risk. I do know an older woman who also got Hep C through a transfusion along with her HIV. So it does or did happen. She isn't too much longer for this world. It is amazing she is still alive actually.

And I can't believe anyone would think somoene "earned" AIDS or any other disease. Do you feel the same about smokers who get lung or throat cancer? What about fat people who die of a heart atack? I have more compassion than that.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »
UGH!!!!

I just spent the last ten minutes or so going through the sewer of corn holers united.

I tried googling "gays should lie to donate blood" and "should gays be able to donate blood". I was trying to find the DU link.

I gave up.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »
I know that transfusions are no longer really a risk. I do know an older woman who also got Hep C through a transfusion along with her HIV. So it does or did happen. She isn't too much longer for this world. It is amazing she is still alive actually.

And I can't believe anyone would think somoene "earned" AIDS or any other disease. Do you feel the same about smokers who get lung or throat cancer? What about fat people who die of a heart atack? I have more compassion than that.

Uhmm...smoke two packs a day for 30 years and odds are you will get some sort of smoking related disease whether it be cancer or emphysema.
Same goes for excessive alcohol consumption and liver disease.

Like it or not there are consequences to behaviors and the term "earned it" does apply.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »
That just makes that person a shitty person. Those kind of people come in all shapes, forms, etc.

Damn near all fudge packers are democrats. There are rare exceptions just like there are rare exceptions to the risky behavior lifestyle in the ghey community. But for the most part they all voted dem.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 09:12:59 PM »

Let's look at it a slightly different way.......we have a "pot" of research dollars, for the sake of argument let's say 100 billion dollars.......

Should we spend 90% of it to research AIDS, which might effect 10% of the population.......

Or should we spend 90% of it to benefit diseases that will (eventually) effect 90% of the population?

Which would be the most "equitable"?

doc

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »
What else do you want me to say? Of course it will be higher among gay men. The disease is spread easier through anal sex. Are you wanting me to admit that gay men are more likely to be the assholes to want to spread it on purpose? I won't admit that. I will admit that an asshole or deranged person will do that. That has nothing to do with being gay. That has to do with being a crappy person.

Too bad--how about they admit it for you?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9237089

http://blog.ctnews.com/evans/more-about-the-gift-men-seeking-hiv/

Toots--THEY'VE MADE ****ING MOVIES ABOUT IT.  Quit living in denial.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »
UGH!!!!

I just spent the last ten minutes or so going through the sewer of corn holers united.

I tried googling "gays should lie to donate blood" and "should gays be able to donate blood". I was trying to find the DU link.

I gave up.

Easier to search here with specific keywords.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,27998.msg295745.html#msg295745

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »
I have no problem with anyone being able to donate blood. We need as much blood as we can get. It all needs to be screened for diseases of any kind that could be transmitted.

And what of people who have lived in Great Britain or the EU who can no longer donate?  ASKING and getting HONEST ANSWERS is a whole lot cheaper, safer, and more reliable than testing.

Offline soleil

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »
Uhmm...smoke two packs a day for 30 years and odds are you will get some sort of smoking related disease whether it be cancer or emphysema.
Same goes for excessive alcohol consumption and liver disease.

Like it or not there are consequences to behaviors and the term "earned it" does apply.

I will never say anyone earned a disease. Ever. Most people live an unhealthy lifestyle in some form or fashion. Saying someone earned it makes it sound like they are a bad person and they deserve it.

Offline soleil

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »
UGH!!!!

I gave up.

So you are opposed to a gay person donating blood?

Lifesaving blood?

Offline soleil

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 09:20:47 PM »
Let's look at it a slightly different way.......we have a "pot" of research dollars, for the sake of argument let's say 100 billion dollars.......

Should we spend 90% of it to research AIDS, which might effect 10% of the population.......

Or should we spend 90% of it to benefit diseases that will (eventually) effect 90% of the population?

Which would be the most "equitable"?

doc

I think the money should be spent on the diseases that are killing the most people. Cancer deserves a buttload of money for research. That doesn't mean I think AIDS research should be done away with. Not that that was said, but I never stated my opinion on the thread that posted for this discussion. I only stated that I had a problem with this being called a gay disease and the term "butt pluggers".