Author Topic: Will Corzine Allies Steal the Election in New Jersey?  (Read 3779 times)

Offline thundley4

Will Corzine Allies Steal the Election in New Jersey?
« on: November 02, 2009, 02:07:26 PM »
Will Corzine Allies Steal the Election in New Jersey? ACORN, Dirty Tricks and Absentee Ballot Fraud

New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine is locked in the political fight of his life. With just hours left before voting, polls show a neck-and-neck race between Corzine and GOP candidate Chris Christie, with Independent candidate Chris Daggett pulling significant support. Obama and VP Biden are making last ditch pitches for the embattled governor. But evidence is building that Corzine’s campaign may see its only salvation is in rigging the election.

The first sign is a straight-up dirty trick. Daggett’s run for office is certainly convenient for Corzine, as he will help split any anti-Corzine vote. And, as a Corzine political appointee, one wonders if his candidacy wasn’t a set up to begin with. Now, in the final days of the campaign, it appears state democrats are paying for robo calls supporting Independent Chris Daggett. First reported here, the robo calls attack Christie (but not Corzine) and promote Daggett. At the end of the call, it is mentioned that the calls are paid for by a “project of the NJSDC.” No idea what that acronym stands for, but New Jersey State Democratic Committee, isn’t too big of a stretch. More interesting is the fact that the return number on the calls is the same number that was used to promote Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley’s election in closing days of the 2006 race.

More telling that the fix is in, however, is the sudden appearance of ACORN on the scene. Not by name, mind you, as their reputation is so tarnished that even New Jersey Democrats don’t want to be associated with them. No, in New Jersey ACORN sought cover behind its big brother, SEIU, specifically SEIU Local 32BJ.
The political director for the SEIU local is Peter Colavito. Just last year, he was ACORN’s political director in New York, working directly under Bertha Lewis, ACORN’s CEO and co-chair of ACORN-backed Working Families Party. He was, and remains, a top official and board member of the Working Families Party in New York. In fact, his wife is currently an employee of the Working Families Party. Corzine has made much of his endorsement by the SEIU local, failing to mention the union’s deep ties to both ACORN and its Working Families Party in New York.
BigGovernment

If the race is close, Corzine will end up winning it by hook or by CROOK.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Will Corzine Allies Steal the Election in New Jersey?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:17:06 PM »
Mostly by crook.  And I was just hearing Hannity saying how he expects it to come down to as few as 10,000 votes.  ACORN could manufacture those in 30 minutes with a graveyard sweep.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:55:44 PM »
ACORN, Dirty Tricks and Absentee Ballot Fraud by Capitol Confidential
New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine is locked in the political fight of his life. With just hours left before voting, polls show a neck-and-neck race between Corzine and GOP candidate Chris Christie, with Independent candidate Chris Daggett pulling significant support. Obama and VP Biden are making last ditch pitches for the embattled governor. But evidence is building that Corzine’s campaign may see its only salvation is in rigging the election.

LINK

No way will Christie be allowed to win. NJ is worse than a banana republic.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:37:01 AM »
Daggett may pull some anti-Corzine vote, but he seems to be more of a Lefty, so he's probably going to do as much damage to Corzine as he will to Christie, in pulling 'Progressive' votes that Christie would have had no chance in Hell of ever winning over to his side anyway.  These voters would normally default to the Dems, holding their noses and voting for Corzine despite having no use for him, but mainly just to keep Christie out, in much the same way many of us did for McCain a year ago.

I also think that polling as to third party candidates is especially unreliable.  It's just a gut feeling, but I don't think the people who say they are going third party follow through in anywhere near the percentage the two leading parties' adherents do.  It's one thing to 'Make a statement' by telling a pollster you're going to vote third party when you are tracked down and questioned, it's another thing entirely to blow an hour or more of your day to leave the house or work and fight traffic to vote when you know in advance that the guy you support is definitely not going to win or even come in second.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:05:01 AM »
They're gonna have to pull out a win in NJ with NY-23 almost a lock for Hoffman and McDonnell hammering Deeds in VA.

A win by Corzine would allow the Libs to say they still have a "mandate".
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:07:50 AM »
They're gonna have to pull out a win in NJ with NY-23 almost a lock for Hoffman and McDonnell hammering Deeds in VA.

A win by Corzine would allow the Libs to say they still have a "mandate".

Kind of funny that 0Bama visited New Jersey multiple times, even though it should have been a Dimrat lock from the get go.  Makes me think that 0Bama wanted to be sure to get the credit there for a win.  Slow Joe was sent to NY-23, so he can take the blame for that loss.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:11:57 AM »
Kind of funny that 0Bama visited New Jersey multiple times, even though it should have been a Dimrat lock from the get go.  Makes me think that 0Bama wanted to be sure to get the credit there for a win.  Slow Joe was sent to NY-23, so he can take the blame for that loss.

I think the fact that Obama has been to NJ and here in VA helping deeds shows how worried they are.  He's not trying to get credit IMHO...he's trying to avoid being labelled as having no coattails much the same way that Clinton was during his 8 years.

Biden going to NY-23 is the political equivalent of rearrainging deck chairs on the Titanic LOL!

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 07:16:42 AM »
I think the fact that Obama has been to NJ and here in VA helping deeds shows how worried they are.  He's not trying to get credit IMHO...he's trying to avoid being labelled as having no coattails much the same way that Clinton was during his 8 years.

Biden going to NY-23 is the political equivalent of rearrainging deck chairs on the Titanic LOL!

If the Dims lose all three, will that mean that 0bama's coat tails were cut off just below his shoulders?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 07:19:35 AM »
If the Dims lose all three, will that mean that 0bama's coat tails were cut off just below his shoulders?

Yes.  We will all see it that way...but you can bet your @ss that the MSM will downplay it.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:38 AM »
Yes.  We will all see it that way...but you can bet your @ss that the MSM will downplay it.

They are already spinning the New York race as a divisive battle within the GOP.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »

Already have.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091103/ap_on_el_ge/us_election_rdp_20

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
They are already spinning the New York race as a divisive battle within the GOP.

Funny isn't it...how the MSM never described what happened with Liberman or Miller as some kind of internal "Civil War" in the Democrat party.   :whatever:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 04:27:56 AM »
Gotta say--I'm shocked that 23 didn't go our way.  I think there's ACORNs that need to be culled, myself.

Also shocked to see Christie win in NJ by as much as he did.  And McDonnell winning by damn near 20%--that has got to be sending Blue Dogs running for the hills today.  With those two, I think it's looking more and more like the Obamorons won't get health care "reform" through.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 09:00:40 AM »
Gotta say--I'm shocked that 23 didn't go our way.  I think there's ACORNs that need to be culled, myself.

Also shocked to see Christie win in NJ by as much as he did.  And McDonnell winning by damn near 20%--that has got to be sending Blue Dogs running for the hills today.  With those two, I think it's looking more and more like the Obamorons won't get health care "reform" through.

I wasn't familiar with the actual candidates in NY-23, I finally saw a couple of clips of them.  The GOPer was less than impressive, but the Conservative Party candidate really seemed to be suffering from a terrible case of Personality Deficit Disorder.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.