Author Topic: NFL (week 7)  (Read 2389 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

NFL (week 7)
« on: October 25, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
Thoughts? Predictions? Trash talk?

My Seahawks can't get a loss this week, they got a bye. Sigh. Not having the Seahawks means I gotta fish around for the best possible games. Colts v. Rams it is not, lol. I'm thinking Vikings v. Steelers should be really good. Bengals/Bears might be close. Dunno. Tonights Cards verses Giants should be a good game and in any case likely most of my fantasy football points will be determined in that game one way or another.

I guess we are about to find out what's what! FOOTBALL!  :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chump

Re: NFL (week 7)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
Eagles - Redskins would have the potential for being a good game if Washington didn't SUCK SO HARD LOLOLOLOL!!!!   :loser:

I kid I kid.  Despite what's going on in the season these NFC East rivalries are usually good football.  We'll see.

Sorry about your Seahawks.  What the F happened to Hasselbeck last week?  Y'all need a line that will protect him some...

I think Cards Giants will be a scorefest, lots of excitement.  I agree that Vikings Steelers should be good also.  Mendenhall will be tested for real.

The rest of the games...meh.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »
Eagles - Redskins would have the potential for being a good game if Washington didn't SUCK SO HARD LOLOLOLOL!!!!   :loser:

I kid I kid.  Despite what's going on in the season these NFC East rivalries are usually good football.  We'll see.

Sorry about your Seahawks.  What the F happened to Hasselbeck last week?  Y'all need a line that will protect him some...

I think Cards Giants will be a scorefest, lots of excitement.  I agree that Vikings Steelers should be good also.  Mendenhall will be tested for real.

The rest of the games...meh.
Here comes kickoff... lets go Vike's. I hate me some Steelers, lol.

Ya nailed it on the Hawks first try. HoFer Walter Jones is on the downside of his career and yet to play a game in 2009. First round pic a few years ago, Chris Spencer is a bust, they let Steve Hutchenson escape a couple years ago and a rash of injuries have the O-line in shambles. I expect and hope they use both 1st round pics on o-line and maybe the second round pic too if there is a good guy available. Maybe a free agent or two as well.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chump

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 12:19:03 PM »
Well, y'all have a ton of dang weapons, I know that.  Get a line and all of a sudden JJ is a consistent performer and the passing game opens up a lot.

If it's any consolation, my boys lost to the damn Raiders.  Nuff said.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:24:01 PM by Chump »
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »
Well, y'all have a ton of dang weapons, I know that.  Get a line and all of a sudden JJ is a consistent performer and the passing game opens up a lot.

If it's any consolation, my boys lost to the damn Raiders.  Nuff said.

Nah, no one should lose to Oakland man. Not cool. heh

If your team is Philly I hope my man (ex-Seahawk) Leonard Weaver works out for ya. He's got a lot of potential and a wicked stiff arm. (he's Seattle teamates called it "the babtism")
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZ695sfUiU[/youtube]

Oops, Pitt just ended the puntfest with a FG, least that TD came back. Vikings better be looking for a new punter soon. Like halftime, lol.

On edit:  :lmao:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8TlNtrpQ6s[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:41:44 PM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »
Halftime or close for most of the one o'clock games.

Seelers had a real nice TD drive to go ahead 10-7. (farkers)

Pats' Tom Brady has a couple INT's but a two TD lead on Tampa Bay.

None of the other games are even that close. meh... to the halftime shows  :cheersmate:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chump

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 01:42:27 PM »
Rivers and Jackson are firing on all cylinders.  Schaub continues dominating and Owen Daniels is just un-freaking-real.  Manning ate his Wheaties today.

How embarrassing for that first tackler in the second video you posted.  Tossed around like a baby doll...

Yeah, last week was no fun.  I mean, c'mon, Oakland.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/raiders_achieve_first_down

Offline Chump

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »
Oh and I do hope Weaver works out long-term.  I believe they only signed him to a one-year contract though.  Westbrook is getting some age on him, and he's so injury prone.  At least McCoy looked great filling in for him.  A solid FB adds another dimension to their offense for sure.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »
Oh and I do hope Weaver works out long-term.  I believe they only signed him to a one-year contract though.  Westbrook is getting some age on him, and he's so injury prone.  At least McCoy looked great filling in for him.  A solid FB adds another dimension to their offense for sure.

Good guy, nice weapon. Sorry to see him go, and surprised. New coach and the new OC brought his own FB plus we drafted Owen Schmitt, I think to try and make him a Mack Strong clone. We shall see but I miss The Weav on screens and running the ball.

Man the Vikes blew a real nice shot from the two yard line a minute ago.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
Just read the Onion link.

"Parry said that when Bush moved the chains, his instinct was to throw an unsportsmanlike behavior flag for taunting."
:rotf:

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 02:45:56 PM »
Well shite on a stick.

Crap tripping call cheats the Vikes out of a TD leading to a Favre fumble to a Steeler TD.

Fudge.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »
Wow the "Bungles" are on fire. I thought da Bears had a little more fight in em than they have showed so far. Palmer is making it look easy.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chump

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 05:19:52 PM »
Wow the "Bungles" are on fire. I thought da Bears had a little more fight in em than they have showed so far. Palmer is making it look easy.

And after completing 11 passes, total, in the previous two games.  11.  Total.

Twilight Zone or something.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »
And after completing 11 passes, total, in the previous two games.  11.  Total.

Twilight Zone or something.

Eh?

All I know is my (second) home team have had the ball 6 times for 5 TD's and a FG. And after stubling week one against Denver and last week @Houston have put together some nice wins. (@GB, @BAL and against PIT) They are trying to bring back the "who dey".  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »
New York Jets fan and know about same ole but we had a good game against the Raiders who they never play well.  :cheersmate:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 06:12:37 PM »
New York Jets fan and know about same ole but we had a good game against the Raiders who they never play well.  :cheersmate:

Hey a win is a win. I'm in a giant fantasy league (16 players) and ended up having to use Sanchez as my QB (when Kurt Warner had a bye week) and the guy just killed me, LOL. (0.10 pts) Still. I think he will turn out to be a good one. He just needs a few years seasoning. The Jets are the only New York team in any sport that I don't mind seeing win. Glad your guys won. As a Seattle fan, I know more than most how hard it is to travel 3000 miles and put a good game together.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
Eric Bienemy probably low crawled into that Vikings staff meeting this morning.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 07:47:41 PM »
Now that didn't take long. :-)
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chump

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
Redskins are so bad.   :tongue:  :loser:

I almost...almost feel bad for my NFC East rivals.  Then I remember how we got swept by them last year.

Later Zorn.  Although, you have an outside consultant calling the plays on the field, so for all intents and purposes, you're already gone.