Author Topic: LA. Rep. proposes congress be covered by healthcare bill.  (Read 1078 times)

Offline thundley4

LA. Rep. proposes congress be covered by healthcare bill.
« on: July 16, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »
This from congressman John Flemings website .  Sure it's a political ploy and will go no where.
Over the past few weeks, members of Congress and the American people have come to know the details of the Administration's proposed health care plan. Call it whatever you like, I believe this proposal is nothing more than government-run health care. As a physician, I am amazed at the number of bureaucrats in this House who are quick to claim a government-run health care plan is the reform this country needs. In response to this, I have offered a resolution that will offer members of Congress an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is, and urge their colleagues who vote for legislation creating a government-run health care plan to lead by example and enroll themselves in the same public plan.

Under the current draft of the Democrat healthcare legislation, members of Congress are curiously exempt from the government-run health care option, keeping their existing health plans and services on Capitol Hill. If Members of Congress believe so strongly that government-run health care is the best solution for hard working American families, I think it only fitting that Americans see them lead the way. Public servants should always be accountable and responsible for what they are advocating, and I challenge the American people to demand this from their representatives.

Together we will work to ensure that any plan that is good enough is for American families is good enough for every member of Congress.

Proposed Resolution (.pdf file)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: LA. Rep. proposes congress be covered by healthcare bill.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:25:33 PM »
I think that's an awesome idea!! What a better way than to "lead by example". If congress is unwilling to settle for 0bamaCare, then why should the American public??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »
Yeah, I got a big picture of Hitlery or San Fran Nan waiting in line at the county clinic.   :fuelfire:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 05:45:23 PM »
The healthcare bill is stalled for now, but this is a good idea to alert the general public to what's really going on in Congress - the elitist, patronizing attitute most of them have toward their own constituents.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 06:12:39 PM »
A sure way to kill the bill is cover the critters with it - scumbags.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline 5412

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »
Hi,

Got the following email today.  Looks like nothing is too good for congress, just us taypayers who are the serfs.

regards,

FINALLY...THE $50,000 QUESTION WAS ASKED !!!!!.....

YESTERDAY ON THE "ABC, BETTER KNOWN AS THE ALL BARRACK CHANNEL, THE OBAMA SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE"......OBAMA WAS ASKED     

"MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE NEW "UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM" THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????.....

OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND DIDN'T ANSWER IT !!!...A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED T HE SAME QUESTION AND THERE RESPONSE WAS...WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT !!!!  AND THEY DID.

IT WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY ON THE NEWS THAT THE "KENNEDY HEALTH CARE BILL"... HAS WRITTEN INTO IT THAT CONGRESS WILL BE EXEMPT
( FROM THIS GREAT HEALTH CARE PLAN)..

HOW ABOUT THOSE APPLES...NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OBAMA OR CONGRESS.. BUT "OK" FOR THE REST OF US ????????

WE..THE AMERICANS NEED TO STOP THIS ...ASAP !!!!... AND REVOLT..
THIS IS WRONG !!!!!

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE PASS THIS ON ....IF NOT PLAN TO SUFFER ( WITH THE OBAMA HEALTH CARE PLAN ....FOR FREE....WHILE OUR POLITICIANS MAKE SURE THAT THEY TAKE CARE  OF THEMSELVES TO YOUR EXCLUSION )

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »
Hi,

Got the following email today.  Looks like nothing is too good for congress, just us taypayers who are the serfs.

regards,

FINALLY...THE $50,000 QUESTION WAS ASKED !!!!!.....

YESTERDAY ON THE "ABC, BETTER KNOWN AS THE ALL BARRACK CHANNEL, THE OBAMA SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE"......OBAMA WAS ASKED     

"MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE NEW "UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM" THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????.....

OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND DIDN'T ANSWER IT !!!...A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED T HE SAME QUESTION AND THERE RESPONSE WAS...WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT !!!!  AND THEY DID.

IT WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY ON THE NEWS THAT THE "KENNEDY HEALTH CARE BILL"... HAS WRITTEN INTO IT THAT CONGRESS WILL BE EXEMPT
( FROM THIS GREAT HEALTH CARE PLAN)..

HOW ABOUT THOSE APPLES...NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OBAMA OR CONGRESS.. BUT "OK" FOR THE REST OF US ????????

WE..THE AMERICANS NEED TO STOP THIS ...ASAP !!!!... AND REVOLT..
THIS IS WRONG !!!!!

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE PASS THIS ON ....IF NOT PLAN TO SUFFER ( WITH THE OBAMA HEALTH CARE PLAN ....FOR FREE....WHILE OUR POLITICIANS MAKE SURE THAT THEY TAKE CARE  OF THEMSELVES TO YOUR EXCLUSION )

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I imagine deep in the bowels of some building where people go to plot their next move when threats come on the horizon, hundreds of doctors, dentists and nurses gather to figure out how to find a loop hole for Congressmen to get instant care if and when they may have to receive health care the same as that bumb laying in the street next door.

Everyone has to get their ducks in a row on this on as it will go up for bid.

These doctors will have to form a network and work together, all paper work has to jibe.

Everyone from a brain surgeon down to a dermatologist must be on the same team.

What ever team wins a bid from a member of congress ----Gets all their paperwork in order, a member needs a heart transplant, all paperwork will show that for the last 5 years they have been on the waiting list.

Can you see where I am going ???