Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 216568 times)

Offline cavegal

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #1100 on: July 29, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »
I too think the numbers are way off.. I live in a town that some are libs.... They are not happy at all..   :-)

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Zeus

« Reply #1101 on: July 29, 2010, 02:28:28 PM »
Women, white men, Jews, Hispanics ... They all have one thing in common.  

Bam's coalition is imploding: Women, white men, Jews, even Hispanics are abandoning President Obama

President Obama was swept into office by a tidal wave of support from a diverse coalition comprised of white Democrats, women, independents, Hispanics, Jews and African-Americans. Amid the din of "Yes, we can!" chants, it seemed that nothing could bring the history-making President down. But now, with his policies largely unpopular and his inability to goose economic growth increasingly apparent, Obama's once powerful political coalition is imploding.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:31:21 PM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1102 on: July 30, 2010, 10:13:58 AM »
-16 again today.

Voters remain evenly divided over whether Elena Kagan should be confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice but she is overwhelmingly expected to win confirmation.

In the Washington Senate race, Democrat Patty Murray has a slight edge over Dino Rossi. In Pennsylvania, Republican Pat Toomey holds a fairly steady advantage. In the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Balance of Power summary, Washington moves to Leans Democratic and Pennsylvania is now rated a Toss-Up. Overall, Democrats have a 51-44 advantage and five states are Toss-Ups.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #1103 on: July 30, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »
Obama Losing Ground with Women

With two wars raging and an economy in turmoil, President Obama took his case to the couch at ABC’s "The View".

When asked why he chose that particular arena, the president joked, “I was trying to find a show that Michelle actually watched.” But it’s not just the First Lady who's tuning in. According to Nielsen Media Research 79% of "The View"’s audience is female, a demographic that’s started to cool on the president.

Fox News/Opinion Dynamics polling shows Mr. Obama averaged a 59% approval rating among women in 2009, but seven months into 2010, that’s dipped 14 points to just 45%. That’s tough news for a party that is used to benefitting from the gender gap, a phenomenon political analyst Larry Sabato says surfaced in the 1980 presidential election. “It exists in almost all elections, ranging from five to eight percentage points,” according to Sabato.

Read more: http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/07/29/obama-losing-ground-with-women/#ixzz0vBbKn9bT
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #1104 on: July 30, 2010, 12:10:21 PM »
Wait, I missed that statistic when I brought the article over... 79% of The View's audience is female.  Do the other 21% voluntarily watch the show?  Why?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #1105 on: July 30, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »
Elizabeth. Even if they won't admit it. :-)

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #1106 on: July 30, 2010, 03:04:17 PM »
Elizabeth. Even if they won't admit it. :-)

If we're talking straight dudes, that's the only reason I can think of, and even that isn't enough for me.  I'd guess a lot of that male demographic is gay guys, plus a smattering of baked or drunk losers that have roots growing from their asses into the couch and can't find the remote anymore.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #1107 on: July 30, 2010, 03:47:22 PM »
A very small portion of men are watching because they work for radio and TV shows that feature clips from such shows, I would guess.

What I want to know is how come Obama knew who Snookie (sp?) was a few months ago but now is clueless?  Some neurological problem?  And if so, is he mentally fit to be CIC?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #1108 on: July 30, 2010, 06:37:31 PM »
A very small portion of men are watching because they work for radio and TV shows that feature clips from such shows, I would guess.

What I want to know is how come Obama knew who Snookie (sp?) was a few months ago but now is clueless?  Some neurological problem?  And if so, is he mentally fit to be CIC?

Like most libs, every day, he wakes up in a new world.  In this new world, there is no Snookie.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #1109 on: July 30, 2010, 06:42:05 PM »
Like most libs, every day, he wakes up in a new world.  In this new world, there is no Snookie.
:lmao: The only time I ever watched Jersey Shore, Snookie was bitching about Obama putting a tax on tanning beds.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1110 on: July 31, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
Oopsy-doopsy.

Whoopsy.

-20 today.

Fifty-nine percent (59%) of voters nationwide would like a law like Arizona’s new immigration law in their own state.  Support for the law is even higher in Arizona.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #1111 on: July 31, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »
I wonder if he lost the unemployed drug felon vote?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #1112 on: July 31, 2010, 01:26:46 PM »
I wonder if he lost the unemployed drug felon vote?

I'm sure he still has that one locked up, but that demographic is so gosh-darn unreliable about remembering to show up and vote in the first place that it's hard to say what it's really worth.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #1113 on: August 03, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #1114 on: August 03, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »

Over a year in negative territory.  Wanna bet it NEVER gets back into positive territory?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #1115 on: August 03, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »
Over a year in negative territory.  Wanna bet it NEVER gets back into positive territory?

KC

The only thing I can see causing that, would be another massive terrorist attack on this country, and then it would depend greatly on Lord Zero's actions afterward.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #1116 on: August 03, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »
The only thing I can see causing that, would be another massive terrorist attack on this country, and then it would depend greatly on Lord Zero's actions afterward.

If he's in charge...we will be in a world of deep doo-doo. :o :o :o

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1117 on: August 04, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »
-15 today, Wednesday.

Sixty-seven percent (67%) believe media release of secret documents related to Afghanistan War hurt national security.  Sixty percent (60%) believe that members of Congress cannot be trusted with top secret national security documents.

Third party entrants in the Florida and Colorado Governor’s races have shaken things up significantly.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1118 on: August 05, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »
-14 today (Thursday).

Fifty-four percent (54%) favor extension of the Bush tax cuts while 30% are opposed. Given a choice, 48% favor extension of the tax cuts for everyone while 40% prefer extension of the tax cuts for all but the wealthy.

Americans modestly support the idea of providing tax credits for alternative energy cars. However, once they learn the cost to taxpayers, sticker shock sets in and only 27% support tax credits for electric cars.  Fifty-five percent (55%) are opposed.

Overall, 64% still support offshore oil drilling,  55% support deep water drilling, and 30% say the U.S. is generally heading in the right direction.  There is a huge gap between the Political Class and Mainstream voters on this question.

The Washington Examiner has a good column citing Rasmussen Reports data on the growing gulf between the Political Class and most Americans.

California Senator Barbara Boxer continues to hold a five-point advantage over Republican challenger Carly Fiorina in the California Senate race. In Ohio, it’s Republican Rob Portman with a very slight edge. The Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Balance of Power summary shows Democrats have a 51-43 advantage and six states are Toss-Ups.

The Governor’s race in Ohio is a toss-up.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1119 on: August 06, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »
Wow.

il Duce Bo's popularity seems to be soaring.

Up to -12 today (Friday).

That’s the highest level of Strong Approval for the president since mid-May.

Eighty-six percent (86%) of voters nationwide say there should be limits on what the federal government can do. However, the Political Class disagrees and believes the federal government should be allowed to do most anything.

Most voters oppose a provision in the new health care law that would require everyone to buy or obtain health insurance.

Yesterday, speaking at a Ford Motor plant, the president pitched the auto industry bailout as an act of patriotism and suggested those who oppose it lack faith in the nation.

However, most voters continue to believe the bailouts were a bad idea.  White House officials are now saying that the federal bailouts indirectly helped Ford. Recently polling shows that Ford remains much more popular than GM or Chrysler, an advantage that first appeared when Ford chose not to accept a bailout.

Americans modestly support the idea of providing tax credits for alternative energy cars. However, once they learn the cost to taxpayers, sticker shock sets in and only 27% support tax credits for electric cars.  Fifty-five percent (55%) are opposed.

Following his primary victory, Republican Rick Snyder starts out with the advantage in the race to become Governor of Michigan.

North Carolina Senator Richard Burr continues to lead in his bid for re-election. However, the race has shifted from Solid Republican to Leans Republican in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Balance of Power summary.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #1120 on: August 06, 2010, 09:50:25 AM »
It will be up to 20 once the bad unemployment numbers are factored in by mid next week.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #1121 on: August 06, 2010, 10:36:28 AM »
I don't know what he's done to improve so quickly, as Fox reported either Tuesday or Wednesday, that he only had a 41% approval rate according to Gallup.

It was even on CBS regarding Michelle's trip to Spain. That might not set so well even with the Dems.

The way these numbers are fluctuating, it's like the Dems are polled one day, the Reps the next, Indies the next. The pollsters must have called the "don't give a flying flip" for today's number.... :uhsure:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1122 on: August 06, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »
I don't know what he's done to improve so quickly, as Fox reported either Tuesday or Wednesday, that he only had a 41% approval rate according to Gallup.

It was even on CBS regarding Michelle's trip to Spain. That might not set so well even with the Dems.

The way these numbers are fluctuating, it's like the Dems are polled one day, the Reps the next, Indies the next. The pollsters must have called the "don't give a flying flip" for today's number.... :uhsure:

The grief that 'Shelle's getting on her expensive trip to Spain might be enough to take the focus off Lord Zero for a minute or three.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #1123 on: August 06, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »

I don't believe Rasm. crappy poll numbers. He also states that the Repubs will probably pick up 4 Senate seats which would make it 55 to 44. Me thinks this is a bunch of baloney.   

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #1124 on: August 06, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
I suspect this is a little bounce because the gulf spill is no longer on the front page, and team Obama seems happy to take credit for something they really didn't do.

The new employment figures will make this bounce go away soon.