Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 217422 times)

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #1075 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:49 PM »
From already seeing it go to the 20s, I wouldn't be surprised if it slips once in a while into the lower/mid 30s once the HCR bill detriments start kicking in.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1076 on: July 23, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »
-17 today; must be the mid-summer doldrums.

Voters overwhelmingly believe that there is currently too much regulation of small businesses but are evenly divided about whether big business needs more or less regulation. Overall, 69% say that when it comes to helping the economy and creating jobs, more competition and less government regulation is better than increased regulation and less competition.  Voters are evenly divided over a one-year moratorium on new government regulations.

In Arizona, the federal government is in court trying to prevent implementation of the state’s new immigration law. The law is scheduled to go into effect next week and 65% of voters statewide support the legislation. Sixty-nine percent (69%) of Arizona voters want the president to send more U.S. troops to patrol the border. Governor Jan Brewer has gained popularity ever since signing the law and now holds a commanding lead in her bid to keep the job.

Nationally,  most (54%) oppose the building of a Mosque near Ground Zero, the site of the 9/11 terror attacks, but few people are following the story.

Sixty-three percent (63%) oppose year-round schooling and see value in summer vacations.

The Florida Senate race remains a Toss-Up between Marco Rubio and Charlie Crist. Looking nationwide, Democrats hold a 49-44 advantage in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Balance of Power summary. Seven states are Toss-Ups.

Republicans still have a run-off election to select their nominee for governor of Georgia, but whoever they pick will end up in a close race with Democratic nominee Roy Barnes. Democratic Governor Mike Beebe holds a ten-point lead in Arkansas. Independent candidate Lincoln Chafee holds a slight lead in his bid to become governor of Rhode Island.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1077 on: July 24, 2010, 12:49:09 PM »
-18 today.

Seventy-five percent (75%) prefer free markets over a government managed economy, but the Political Class disagrees.

Governor Joe Manchin holds a double digit advantage in the West Virginia Senate race while Senator Blanche Lincoln continues to trail badly in  Arkansas. Looking nationwide, Democrats hold a 49-44 advantage in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Balance of Power summary. Seven states are Toss-Ups.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #1078 on: July 25, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
-20 Today
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #1079 on: July 25, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »

Here is the visual evidence just to confirm.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #1080 on: July 26, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #1081 on: July 26, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
that high?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #1082 on: July 26, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »
His ratings are low, so he has to go on TV again. Lord Zero will be appearing on ABC's The View Thursday.  Great , the metrosexual and the old hens have a lot in common. They all hate the US.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #1083 on: July 26, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »
His ratings are low, so he has to go on TV again. Lord Zero will be appearing on ABC's The View Thursday.  Great , the metrosexual and the old hens have a lot in common. They all hate the US.

I admit to watching The View. I've already watched FoxNews for most of the morning, there's not much choice at that time of the morning (11:30) and it's something that I can have it on, still work and not get distracted like I would with a movie or decorating/cooking show. Besides, watching Joy Behar, is kind of like reading the Dumpster....it's mind-boggling how that woman thinks  :banghead:

I do have a problem with Obama going on the show. It will be an hour long love fest...with the exception of Elizabeth Hasselbeck who is a very conservative Republican.....and 100's of thousands of people, mostly women, will be influenced by his appearance, and confirm to them that he is The One.

I have to admit, though....I think it's not only very sad and pathetic, but "snarky" funny that The President of the United States thinks it's not only appropriate...but necessary...to go on a morning entertainment talk show...to improve his "ratings" and image and to promote not only himself, but his agenda.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #1084 on: July 26, 2010, 02:15:22 PM »
I like Hasselbeck, but not enough to put up with the other morons on that show.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #1085 on: July 26, 2010, 02:28:44 PM »
Well, it's not going to do much for him with the demographic that's defecting fastest - male independents - and women without jobs outside the home is already about as strong for him as it's going to get.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #1086 on: July 26, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
[youtube=425,350]hkt2hEe-kbU[/youtube]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #1087 on: July 26, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »
my impression exactly.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #1088 on: July 27, 2010, 05:29:29 AM »

I have to admit, though....I think it's not only very sad and pathetic, but "snarky" funny that The President of the United States thinks it's not only appropriate...but necessary...to go on a morning entertainment talk show...to improve his "ratings" and image and to promote not only himself, but his agenda.

I also think it is beneath the office of the Presidency to go on late night talk shows like Leno, Letterman, etc. However, what does a community organizer know about proper protocol. Bowing to muzzies and kicking our friends in the ass.   

Offline thundley4

« Reply #1089 on: July 27, 2010, 08:58:25 AM »
Back to -20 this morning.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #1090 on: July 27, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
Back to -20 this morning.

Be interesting to see if it goes further down, as word gets around about Michelle and Sasha taking a "mother-daughter time alone" long-weekend trip to Spain!!! next week. Then meeting up with Malia and the prez on the Florida Gulf Coast for another long weekend and the "needed rest and recovery trip" ( ::) ) of 10 days on Martha's Vineyard.

In this economy, most of us mothers do our "mother-daughter" alone time, if we can splurge - with a mani/pedi at the local nail salon. If we can't splurge, it might only be lunch for two at Taco Bell, or a trip to the local library.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #1091 on: July 27, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »
What?? You trip with your daughter to Jamaica isn't happening, deb?

:-) :p

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #1092 on: July 27, 2010, 03:45:29 PM »
What?? You trip with your daughter to Jamaica isn't happening, deb?

:-) :p

nope. I can't afford to take me to Jamaica right now! :bawl:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #1093 on: July 27, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »
10 days on Martha's Vineyard.

Oh God no..  I live walking distance to one of the main MV ferry launch points, and a few miles from a regional airport that flies vacationers out. Every time either Clinton or Obama head in that direction, the streets & skies are full of secret service and tourists.

And of course, Otis ANG will be sending out its own aircraft..

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #1094 on: July 28, 2010, 11:53:52 AM »
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #1095 on: July 28, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
It appears that Comrade Smith in the Ministry of Troof (& Shit) has been scrubbing Big Brotha's approval numbers again.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #1096 on: July 28, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
I hope his approval numbers PLUMMET in the next couple days after this shell of 1070 passes in AZ at midnight.

****ing judge... :argh:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1097 on: July 29, 2010, 09:31:43 AM »
-16 today.

A federal judge ruled yesterday to block implementation of the Arizona immigration law. Rasmussen Reports began polling last night to measure reaction and Platinum Members can get a heads up on the preliminary results. Most voters were opposed to the Justice Department’s legal action against Arizona. It is likely that the judge’s ruling will keep the issue alive, adding to an already difficult political environment for the Democrats.

In the Missouri Senate race, Republican Roy Blunt has opened a six-point lead. In Nevada, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has taken the lead for the first-time while Oregon Senator Ron Wyden continues to hold a big lead. In the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Balance of Power summary, Missouri moves to Leans Republican and Nevada now Leans Democratic. Overall, Democrats have a 50-45 advantage and five states are Toss-Ups.

In the race for Governor of Illinois, Republican State Senator Bill Brady has now opened a seven-point lead over embattled Governor Pat Quinn in Illinois’ gubernatorial race.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #1098 on: July 29, 2010, 09:41:10 AM »
In the race for Governor of Illinois, Republican State Senator Bill Brady has now opened a seven-point lead over embattled Governor Pat Quinn in Illinois’ gubernatorial race.

I can only hope this stays true, but Illinois is going to be screwed either way. Dems will stay in charge of the state government with unions pulling the strings.  Instead of any meaningful cuts in spending, we will be seeing massive tax hikes and or hikes in other fees.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1099 on: July 29, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »
I'm encouraged to read the news about Roy Blunt.

Robin Carnahan, his Dem opponent, is a world-class liberal and would fall square in-line with the Dem party line.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.