Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 216605 times)

Offline Godot showed up

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #950 on: May 25, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »
I'd say Sparky is right and it's mostly the all-out WH attack on AZ. Plus publicly siding with Calderon against a state of the United States has to have had a huge immediate effect.

The spill is in the mix, though...drip...drip...drip...Talk about amateur month(s) at the WH.

I recall last week Palin made a great point on Hannity. No doubt many had already made it but I must admit it hadn't crossed my mind. It was simply that an accident like Deepwater Horizon is a great argument for much more land drilling.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #951 on: May 25, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
This country is royally screwed up when you have 24% of the voters giving Obama a strong approval rating.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #952 on: May 25, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »
This country is royally screwed up when you have 24% of the voters giving Obama a strong approval rating.

Not really, it represents 90% of the Black vote, 50% of the Latino vote, and almost all of the Leftie Idiot vote.  They'll all stick to him like a Kamikaze pilot with a view of the old Enterprise flight deck in his windshield.  The only thing that would peel some of them off is Obama going up against a Leftie Latino candidate in the second case, or some total far-left nutbar like Nader or Gore in the third.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #953 on: May 25, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »

indeed - that will never change though - that 24% is his base. the 40ish percent is ours. Everyone else is the mushy middle we are trying to keep on our side. As long as our numbers and at least part of the mushy middle stays above 50 percent, it is a good day. If that combined figure gets pushed to 60-65% Obama will go down quicker than Rosie O'Donnell at a hot dog eating competition.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #954 on: May 25, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
...or maybe a sushi taco eating contest...

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #955 on: May 25, 2010, 05:42:43 PM »
...or maybe a sushi taco eating contest...

I don't think O'Donnell has a preference when it comes to gettin' her eat on..

Offline thundley4

« Reply #956 on: May 26, 2010, 09:32:56 AM »

Wowza !!  -22

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #957 on: May 26, 2010, 09:49:37 AM »
Lowest evah.  And watch it go lower when people realize he's blowing off Arlington on Monday.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #958 on: May 26, 2010, 09:59:04 AM »
Lowest evah.  And watch it go lower when people realize he's blowing off Arlington on Monday.

I wondered when I saw the new score, if Arlington has anything to do with it. What about his coming back for Paul McCartney's concert (if true), will that push it even lower when that gets around?

Do you think sending NG troops to border, will push it up or down?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #959 on: May 26, 2010, 10:10:30 AM »

At least that'll cut down on the loud hum we'd be hearing, from all the honored dead spinning in their graves, while the Community Organizer in Chief blathers some 'We are the world' bullshit overhead.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #960 on: May 26, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »
At least that'll cut down on the loud hum we'd be hearing, from all the honored dead spinning in their graves, while the Community Organizer in Chief blathers some 'We are the world' bullshit overhead.

You mean the dead in a Chicago cemetery where he'll be, not Arlington where Blathering Joe will be.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #961 on: May 26, 2010, 10:51:25 AM »

I wondered when I saw the new score, if Arlington has anything to do with it. What about his coming back for Paul McCartney's concert (if true), will that push it even lower when that gets around?

Do you think sending NG troops to border, will push it up or down?

It's not going to help him, because most people realize it's a totally political move, and a token one at that.  Plus, it won't make his base real happy, if the comments over at the DUmp are any indication thus far. 

Bottom line, it's nothing more than lip service, which is about the only thing he IS good at.

No, don't look for much improvement until something substantial happens with the BP spill--that's the major thing driving his strong approval down.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #962 on: May 26, 2010, 10:59:34 AM »
It's not going to help him, because most people realize it's a totally political move, and a token one at that.  Plus, it won't make his base real happy, if the comments over at the DUmp are any indication thus far. 

Bottom line, it's nothing more than lip service, which is about the only thing he IS good at.

No, don't look for much improvement until something substantial happens with the BP spill--that's the major thing driving his strong approval down.

I wonder, at this point, if any remedy to the BP spill ...will help him.

It's what 37-38 days since the leak? I think if it had been fixed within a week to 10 days, some people might have given Obama/the government some acknowledgement that it was Obama's "blustering" that made BP get it fixed quickly.

But now that it's gone on so long, I think it's pretty obvious and will be to most people....that whenever it gets fixed....the "fix" won't be attributed to Obama or any other politician.

Where Obama and the government might get any benefit from this disaster, will be after the leak is stopped, and how Obama/government takes charge of how BP or anyone else proceeds with the clean-up of US coastline.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #963 on: May 26, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »
You mean the dead in a Chicago cemetery where he'll be, not Arlington where Blathering Joe will be.

No, I meant Arlington.  "...we'd be hearing..." is a subjunctive construction, i.e. we would hear the sound of all the vets spinning in their graves, if El Zero was indeed speaking at Arlington.  Sorry for any lack of clarity.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #964 on: May 26, 2010, 04:00:48 PM »
Ha ha ha ha... look at this poll from Rasmussen.
41% Say Random Selection From Phone Book Would Do A Better Job Than Current Congress

The latest national telephone survey of Likely Voters finds that 41% say a group of people selected at random from the phone book would do a better job addressing the nation’s problems than the current Congress. Almost as many (38%) disagree, however, and another 20% are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2010/41_say_random_selection_from_phone_book_would_do_a_better_job_than_current_congress
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #965 on: May 27, 2010, 09:49:37 AM »
-16 today.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #966 on: May 27, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »
What's up with that?  Obama hasn't done anything.  He'll probably  get another bump on Saturday or Sunday from his press conference today.  I'm sure that him attacking BP will play well with his base.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #967 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17:19 AM »
4 points of the "bump" was an increase in his strong approval, so yeah.  As long as he stands in front of TOTUS and displays appropriate concern or throws some red meat to the plebes, they'll think he's actually DOING something, which we know is a crock of shit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #968 on: May 27, 2010, 10:18:56 AM »
It will help him if the latest attempt by BP to plug the hole is successful.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #969 on: May 27, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
top kill seems to have worked. Obama is losing favor with the press, note that Michelle is being shown on TV full length. The weight she has put on is obvious, dfurther, his very sloppy salutes to thde  Marine ONE GUARDS, ETC. ARE BEING CLEARLY SHOWN, WHEREAS BEFORE THE PICTURE WAS STOPPED just before thye prefunctory nature of the act was made obvious. If he screws the pooch in the upcoming press meeting, he may be toast.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #970 on: May 27, 2010, 11:03:52 AM »
It will help him if the latest attempt by BP to plug the hole is successful.

It's hard to say at this point, you may well be right.  Still, up to this point, he has done exactly nothing to affect the situation positively, just the opposite really since direct Federal involvement has mainly been his EPA (And USACE trying to work within EPA's requirements) obstructing some critical mitigation efforts.  Right as of today, it may ultimately play out as 'Well it did work, but no thanks to him.'  I do expect BP to grovel and praise him in what will be a futile effort to keep the Feds' bloodlust for retribution at bay. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #971 on: May 27, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »
I have had the press conference on since the beginning.....not sure he will get any bumps for it.

He's putting all the blame on everyone else.... :thatsright: what a surprise.... ::)

He didn't know that what's her name, Elisabeth Birnbaum...quit, resigned or was fired. "The person to answer this is ------- and he's in Congressional hearings all day, so I haven't been able to ask him what's happened..."

Riiiiiiight.....now he's the President of the United States ( as he's pointed out several times in this conference) and he can't find out why his US oil agency chief quits?  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:50:09 PM by debk »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #972 on: May 27, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »
I have had the press conference on since the beginning.....not sure he will get any bumps for it.

He's putting all the blame on everyone else.... :thatsright: what a surprise.... ::)

Major Garret just asked about the Sestak bribe.  :cheersmate:  Of course he claimed that it would be investigated, but he's sure that nothing illegal happened. WTF?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #973 on: May 27, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »
Major Garret just asked about the Sestak bribe.  :cheersmate:  Of course he claimed that it would be investigated, but he's sure that nothing illegal happened. WTF?

I added on to my post too.....he is soooo full of shit! :censored:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #974 on: May 27, 2010, 12:55:36 PM »

I added on to my post too.....he is soooo full of shit! :censored:

How can he not know whether she quit or was fired? 

What a Maroon !!