Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 217320 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #900 on: April 17, 2010, 09:08:06 AM »
-17 today.

-25 by May
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #901 on: April 17, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »
-17 today.

-25 by May
down 5 points in a day?  Quite a few people must have realized there is no free pony yet.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #902 on: April 17, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »
down 5 points in a day?  Quite a few people must have realized there is no free pony yet.

They're not worried about the pony anymore.  They all want their own skittles shitting unicorn
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #903 on: April 17, 2010, 12:17:32 PM »

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #904 on: April 17, 2010, 05:44:02 PM »

That and having to send Uncle Sam a check on tax day.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #905 on: April 19, 2010, 05:14:33 PM »
And more good news..  The heavily Democrat-oversampling Pew Research just spit this out --

Pew found that only 22 percent of people trust the government. They also found that a third of people find the government a major threat to their personal freedoms. 

Here is an NPR link to the pew research data.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126002349

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #906 on: April 20, 2010, 10:34:25 AM »
-10?  WTF?

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline djones520

« Reply #907 on: April 20, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »
-10?  WTF?

With all the news on Europe and the Volcano, he hasn't had the spot light highlighting his screw ups the last few days.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #908 on: April 20, 2010, 11:12:58 AM »
I think part of it may be the demonization of Goldman Sachs that the government is doing. That has to be playing to his wealth envying base.

On a side note, I think the lawsuit against them is purely politically motivated to get support for the Wall Street reform bill.  It seems to be a pattern with this regime.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #909 on: April 22, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »
I've pretty much thought that it's that Obamacare isn't front-and-center any longer. Most people can't sustain fury every day. When they were having their faces rubbed in it--every day--naturally his numbers tanked.

But fury comes to be replaced by sullen anger, and that's all it'll take to drag down the communist-democrat party in November. I've read a great deal of analysis on the opposition to the Obamacare horror's roots, but one item I believe most pundits are missing is that the majority of the electorate who have been, and remain, solidy opposed to what's been imposed upon them are going to vote against the Dems out of sheer orneriness. Orneriness well earned by the Dems, natch. Never mind the hideous substance of the law, or any of its future effects; the electorate will stay angry because Pelosi/Obama/Reid and their mob syndicate posing as a political party did what they wanted to do in spite of the pretty-much-shouted will of the American people. That alone is enough.

I don't believe for a second we're going to gain seats in just the 20s in November, as is so often reported by "thoughtful" (read: timid) election projection web sites. I suspect we'll be seing Dems thrown out and conservative Republicans voted in in numbers surpassing 1994. That's my gut feeling. Dick Morris is much closer to reality on this that the "gain in the 20s" people.

As for Obama--it's one term, baby. No President recovers from a fall like this. He's lost 2/3 of the independents in some states and 3/4 in others, and they're not coming back, no matter what the economy does. They know he and his cabal disobeyed the most vehemently expressed wish of the American people, and that's all they need to know.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #910 on: April 22, 2010, 12:33:19 PM »
I've pretty much thought that it's that Obamacare isn't front-and-center any longer. Most people can't sustain fury every day. When they were having their faces rubbed in it--every day--naturally his numbers tanked.

But fury comes to be replaced by sullen anger, and that's all it'll take to drag down the communist-democrat party in November. I've read a great deal of analysis on the opposition to the Obamacare horror's roots, but one item I believe most pundits are missing is that the majority of the electorate who have been, and remain, solidy opposed to what's been imposed upon them are going to vote against the Dems out of sheer orneriness. Orneriness well earned by the Dems, natch. Never mind the hideous substance of the law, or any of its future effects; the electorate will stay angry because Pelosi/Obama/Reid and their mob syndicate posing as a political party did what they wanted to do in spite of the pretty-much-shouted will of the American people. That alone is enough.

I don't believe for a second we're going to gain seats in just the 20s in November, as is so often reported by "thoughtful" (read: timid) election projection web sites. I suspect we'll be seing Dems thrown out and conservative Republicans voted in in numbers surpassing 1994. That's my gut feeling. Dick Morris is much closer to reality on this that the "gain in the 20s" people.

As for Obama--it's one term, baby. No President recovers from a fall like this. He's lost 2/3 of the independents in some states and 3/4 in others, and they're not coming back, no matter what the economy does. They know he and his cabal disobeyed the most vehemently expressed wish of the American people, and that's all they need to know.

Good post, and I think you are probably right about the "sullen anger".

I think we will see voters beat feet to the polls this year, to oust much of Congress....and not just Dems out of office, I think there will be some Republicans replaced also.

People are just thoroughly disgusted with the whole lot of them. My other half talks with other small business owners on a daily basis. He said the other day, that he can't remember how long it's been, since he's spoken with just one who didn't complain about the government....both president and Congress.

The current government is doing it's best to put small business owners out of business.

Yes, the big corporations employ a whole bunch of people.....but just like pennies add up to dollars and so on.....the people working in small businesses add up to a whole bunch of people too.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #911 on: April 22, 2010, 12:42:14 PM »
It's been noticed that Lord Zero has stopped talking about healthscare reform.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #912 on: April 22, 2010, 12:43:37 PM »

Good points. Welcome. I agree with everything except the Dick Morris point. Has that guy been correct about anything politically? If he told me it was raining, I wouldn't trust it until I looked out the window and got it corroborated by NOAA.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #913 on: April 22, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »
It's been noticed that Lord Zero has stopped talking about healthscare reform.

As Maha Rushie predicted he would, the moment MessiahnFuhrer's signature was on the bill.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #914 on: April 24, 2010, 03:30:46 PM »
And the "news" on the bill starts ciomming in. HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS more dollars will be spent aND THERE ARE PREMIUM increases comming to a policy near you very soon. Plus, please bnote, still no insuring agreement , even in the distance , in evidence.....

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #915 on: April 24, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »
And yet after all that, he's still at -9.  The Kool-Aid drinkers are about to go into a diabetic coma at this rate.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #916 on: April 24, 2010, 06:13:11 PM »
And yet after all that, he's still at -9.  The Kool-Aid drinkers are about to go into a diabetic coma at this rate.

The demonization of Wallstreet plays well to his base. The lawsuit against Goldman Sachs just reinforces his stance.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #917 on: April 25, 2010, 10:22:18 AM »
Sunday: -13.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #918 on: April 25, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
Sunday: -13.

Sounds like the news that Obamacare is going to cost a mountain of cash unlike the administration's promise that it wouldn't is getting heard.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #919 on: April 25, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
Sounds like the news that Obamacare is going to cost a mountain of cash unlike the administration's promise that it wouldn't is getting heard.

Perhaps, but more likely Obama's stance on the AZ illegal alien law.......whether the lefties like it or not, illegals are hugely unpopular in most of the US, particularly in this era of 10% unemployment......they are much more strongly resented for the appearance that they are taking jobs that might feed American families.......

The AZ law polled at 70% approval by AZ residents, and I would estimate that it would poll at somewhere around 60% approval nationally........nobody wants them here except for liberals and their political masters......especially now with the looming possibility that the taxpayers will eventually be required to finance their health care.....

Further, the Dems in congress see this as an opportunity to move "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" to the top of their priority list, ahead of "Cap and Trade".........which will spark another round of voter opposition and indignity.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #920 on: May 06, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »
-10 today...

The gains for the President result primarily from increased enthusiasm among Democratic voters. Prior to the passage of the health care law, the percentage of voters who Strongly Approved of the President’s performance was in the low to mid-20s. Since then, Strong Approval has generally been in the high-20s to low-30s.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #921 on: May 06, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »
minus ten? that high? far too many Americans are still delusional! SHOULD BE MINUS 50.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #922 on: May 06, 2010, 11:27:51 AM »
Nope--he's making "the base" happy, thinking that the Skittle-shitting unicorns will be coming any minute now...

Offline thundley4

« Reply #923 on: May 08, 2010, 07:49:32 AM »
Friday was -13. Saturday should be out soon.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #924 on: May 08, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
-14 today.  Here we go again.