Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 216558 times)

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #825 on: March 24, 2010, 10:34:35 AM »
Not as much as the State of the Union address though. In fact, the disapproval rating barely went down at all. Once the euphoria dies down and the janitors clean up the sticky floors, those numbers will plummet...slowly at first, then plummet once the reality sets in and more and more people figure out what's in this abomination of a bill.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #826 on: March 24, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »
Not as much as the State of the Union address though. In fact, the disapproval rating barely went down at all. Once the euphoria dies down and the janitors clean up the sticky floors, those numbers will plummet...slowly at first, then plummet once the reality sets in and more and more people figure out what's in this abomination of a bill.

Like the ones who still haven't figured out that only children are exempt from pre-existing conditions for the next 4 years? That reality?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #827 on: March 24, 2010, 12:11:03 PM »

Like the ones who still haven't figured out that only children are exempt from pre-existing conditions for the next 4 years? That reality?

Um, and not even all children, apparently.

Link to AP article...
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #828 on: March 24, 2010, 12:22:25 PM »
Um, and not even all children, apparently.

Link to AP article...

"This is a patient's bill of rights on steroids," the president said Friday at George Mason University in Virginia. "Starting this year, thousands of uninsured Americans with pre-existing conditions will be able to purchase health insurance, some for the very first time. Starting this year, insurance companies will be banned forever from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions."

ok....this is a good thing

However, if a child is accepted for coverage, or is already covered, the insurer cannot exclude payment for treating a particular illness, as sometimes happens now. For example, if a child has asthma, the insurance company cannot write a policy that excludes that condition from coverage. The new safeguard will be in place later this year.

this is not....saying the insurer cannot exclude a condition is a good thing....HOWEVER....what's it going to cost to insure the condition?

The coverage problem could mainly affect parents who purchase their own coverage for the family, as many self-employed people have to do. Families covered through employer plans typically do not have to worry about being denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions.

Parents whose kids are turned down by an insurer would still have a fallback under the law, even without Sebelius' fix. They could seek coverage through state high-risk insurance pools slated for a major infusion of federal funds.

The high-risk pools are intended to serve as a backstop until 2014, when insurers no longer would be able to deny coverage to those in frail health. That same year, new insurance markets would open for business, and the government would begin to provide tax credits to help millions of Americans pay premiums.

State of TN has been providing medical care for children with pre-existing conditions for years.  This is not a new thing...at least not in this state.

And the People have been scammed ....again!

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #829 on: March 24, 2010, 03:05:01 PM »
As he promised, a med pro friend has declined as of yesterday to accept ANY new Care/Cade patients. He has put into motion his busuiness plan that will close his practice in 2014. He has enough to retire and maintain his lifestyle. Modest as his has always been.....

Exactly how will this plan get ANYONE to go into primary care? Anyone competent in primary care in 3 years?

This usurpation of our rights exceeds anything since we threw out King George!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #830 on: March 24, 2010, 03:12:10 PM »
As he promised, a med pro friend has declined as of yesterday to accept ANY new Care/Cade patients. He has put into motion his busuiness plan that will close his practice in 2014. He has enough to retire and maintain his lifestyle. Modest as his has always been.....

Exactly how will this plan get ANYONE to go into primary care? Anyone competent in primary care in 3 years?

This usurpation of our rights exceeds anything since we threw out King George!

No; our Founding Fathers/Ancestors would kick our rosy red asses for lying about and letting the situation get as bad as this.  Most of them had much low tolerances for bullshit than we've developed on a steady mind-numbing diet of it.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #831 on: March 24, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
No; our Founding Fathers/Ancestors would kick our rosy red asses for lying about and letting the situation get as bad as this.  Most of them had much low tolerances for bullshit than we've developed on a steady mind-numbing diet of it.

Agreed. We created this monster by allowing our elected "officials" run the show. The Newts and the Pelosis and the O'Neill's and the rest of them going back 140 years or more gave themselves more and more power to the point that, drunk on that power, they completely forgot about anything and anyone other than themselves.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #832 on: March 25, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »
-10 today.

The 32% who Strongly Approve of the President is his best total since November. Gains over the past week have come from Democrats and 65% of those in the President’s party now offer such enthusiastic support. However, there has been no change in support for the President from Republicans and unaffiliated voters

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #833 on: March 25, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »
Exactly my point. The feds have assumed far far too much power and need to be set back. So called health care reform is not about HC at all, but about the exercise of unConstitutional  power.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #834 on: March 25, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »

Well, it won't, but of course some will still go into it because they just feel the calling...but they'll be going into it in spite of Obamacare, not because of it, and it'll be a trickle. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 5412

« Reply #835 on: March 25, 2010, 07:18:14 PM »
Well, it won't, but of course some will still go into it because they just feel the calling...but they'll be going into it in spite of Obamacare, not because of it, and it'll be a trickle. 

Hi,

No matter how many patriots decide to go into medicine, the number will pale in comparison to those who get out.  The universities will be flooded with applications from practicing doctors who want to teach, with no students in the classes.

regards,

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #836 on: March 25, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »
AND they will be welcomed in the USA,  Canada, France, GB, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Australia, etc etc with good quarters, servants, reasonably good pay, greart hours, and, in many cases, associate position in , where still permitted, a successful private practice partnership.

And the dem/lib/progs are celebrating because.....?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:29:58 PM by Peter3_1 »

Offline 5412

« Reply #837 on: March 25, 2010, 10:50:01 PM »
AND they will be welcomed in the USA,  Canada, France, GB, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Australia, etc etc with good quarters, servants, reasonably good pay, greart hours, and, in many cases, associate position in , where still permitted, a successful private practice partnership.

And the dem/lib/progs are celebrating because.....?

Hi,

My wife and I are headed to Panama on the 17th.  Johns-Hopkins has a world class hospital there with most doctors US Trained, English speaking and US board certified.  My guess is they will be building one hell of an addition of the facility quite soon.

regards,

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #838 on: March 26, 2010, 12:41:43 AM »
Did anyone see any of the clips from O's speech in Iowa City?

It was all over the Fox shows tonight.....talking about how arrogant he was and blasting the Republicans instead of being gracious in victory.

Even a Democrat, on Hannity's panel segment, remarked on how unnecessary it was....

Offline Woodhick

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #839 on: March 26, 2010, 01:01:46 AM »
Did anyone see any of the clips from O's speech in Iowa City?

It was all over the Fox shows tonight.....talking about how arrogant he was and blasting the Republicans instead of being gracious in victory.

Even a Democrat, on Hannity's panel segment, remarked on how unnecessary it was....
That doesn't suprise me nor should it be a suprise to anyone. Obozo has NEVER left the campaign trail .
GUN CONTROL is Hitting Your Mark The First Shot !!!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #840 on: March 26, 2010, 01:04:09 AM »
That doesn't suprise me nor should it be a suprise to anyone. Obozo has NEVER left the campaign trail .

Exactly..it sounded just like a campaign speech.....and not the least presidential....

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #841 on: March 26, 2010, 01:49:22 AM »

You gotta be joking...
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #842 on: March 26, 2010, 06:19:37 AM »
Unfortunately, no. There's a lot of people (far too many) out there that think it's Christmas.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #843 on: March 26, 2010, 06:37:55 AM »
Unfortunately, no. There's a lot of people (far too many) out there that think it's Christmas.

And just wait until they find out it isn't.  Like when parents try to get coverage for their kids with pre-existing conditions, only to be told they can't get that coverage until 2014...whoops!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #844 on: March 26, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
No change today (-10).
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #845 on: March 26, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
The rating is still up because the idiot is still in campaign mode. The majority do not understand yet that taxes on everything "medical", including our ladies tampexes, starting now. That not only that, but good med plans in a couple of years will not only not be not tax deductable, but will be TAXED at up to FOURTY PERCENT OF PREMIUMS PAID! tHAT THOSE 16,500 IRS agents newly coined will be there to be sure the taxes are collected.

And it is nort income dependent, so you can  make far less than $200,000 and still pay. Worse yet, rthese taxes are NOT indexed for inflation! As buying power drops, inflation sets in then you're REALLY hurt by the taxes. 

The law does NOT include pre existing conditions for children. Companes like Caterpiller and 3-M will almost certainly be dropping coverage as they too lose deductibility of costs and will pay increased taxes in terms of hundreds of millions.

Yes, you'll have an insurance card that no one will honor. Isn't that swell.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #846 on: March 26, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »
No change today (-10).

If you read the internals, his rating only went up because of a change in the Democrats opinion of him......he finally got something passed......big deal for them, after fifteen months......when they actually see what this abortion is going to actually DO......he will be back in the bucket.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #847 on: March 27, 2010, 10:12:43 AM »
Headed back down. -13 today.

Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #848 on: March 27, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »
Aw, shit--they just found out they're not getting free ponies.  AGAIN.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #849 on: March 27, 2010, 10:33:07 AM »
Aw, shit--they just found out they're not getting free ponies.  AGAIN.

I wonder how many times they can be fooled. Three times should be their limit but they have already exceeded that.