Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 216605 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #800 on: March 18, 2010, 10:47:53 AM »
Each time the President leads a big push for his health care plan, his job approval ratings suffer. Rasmussen Reports will release new polling data on the health care plan at both 10:30 and noon Eastern today.

J.D. Hayworth has pulled to within single digits of John McCain in the Arizona Republican Primary.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #801 on: March 18, 2010, 03:16:33 PM »
 :rotf:

and from Gallup...
Obama’s Job Disapproval Rating Tops Approval: Chart of the Day

By Brendan Moynihan

March 18 (Bloomberg) -- As President Barack Obama enters his final drive for congressional passage of health-care reform, the number of Americans who don’t like the job he’s doing has climbed above the level who approve for the first time.

The CHART OF THE DAY shows the convergence in Gallup’s daily tracking polls since the first one was conducted Jan. 21- 23, 2009. Obama’s negative rating was at its lowest level in the first poll and rose to 47 percent today, compared with 46 percent who approve.

:nelson:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #802 on: March 19, 2010, 09:17:55 AM »
-21 today, Patrick McGoohan's birthday.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #803 on: March 20, 2010, 08:34:42 AM »
No change as yet.  Oh, guess what will be happening very, very soon...

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #804 on: March 20, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »
Have had Fox on this morning with the Tea Party protestors in DC....

If this thing goes through....it will be interesting to see just how far the disapproval goes.

I saw last night a poll that said 68% of those polled want ALL of Congress replaced. Only 18% or 20% wanted it the way it is....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #805 on: March 20, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
Found this via Big Government:

Rasmussen: 43% now strongly disapprove of Obama, same as Bush when he left office

This was a couple of days ago.  Last two days strongly disapporve has been 44%.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline thundley4

« Reply #806 on: March 21, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »
-16 for Sunday.  :banghead:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #807 on: March 21, 2010, 12:00:20 PM »
As the House prepares to vote on the health care plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats, just 41% of voters favor the plan while 54% are opposed. Those figures include 26% who Strongly Favor the plan and 45% who are Strongly Opposed. Most voters believe it will raise the cost of health care and reduce the quality of care. Still, nearly two-out-of-three voters believe it is at least somewhat likely to pass and become law.

From a political perspective, 50% of voters are less likely to vote for a Member of Congress who supports the health care reform plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats. Just 20% believe that most Members of Congress will understand the proposed health care bill before they vote on it.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #808 on: March 22, 2010, 09:07:27 AM »

Looks like a strong bump from his base.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #809 on: March 22, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »
Wait until they try to go to the doctor's office...
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #810 on: March 22, 2010, 09:16:06 AM »
Wait until they try to go to the doctor's office...

They will just blame Bush. DU is already claiming that the mandates were a republican idea.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #811 on: March 23, 2010, 08:39:41 AM »

The President is enjoying a modest bounce following the weekend of health care activity in Congress. The number who Strongly Approve of the President has not been higher than today’s total since November. The Approval Index rating of -10 is the President’s best in over a month.
The bounce comes from Democrats who are pleased with the passage of the health care plan. Fifty-eight percent (58%) of Democrats now Strongly Approve of the President’s performance while 70% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove. As for those not affiliated with either major party, 23% Strongly Approve and 45% Strongly Disapprove. These results are based upon daily telephone interviews and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. As a result, two-thirds of the interviews for today’s update were completed before the House of Representatives passed health care legislation on Sunday.

As the House passed the health care plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats, just 41% of voters supported the plan. The final numbers for Congress before passing the health care proposal showed that just 11% believe the legislature is doing a good or an excellent job. Sixty-four percent (64%) say Congress is doing a poor job. The latest polling data can always be found on the Rasmussen Reports home page, updated with new data at least six times daily.

Is it just me or does there seem to be some disconnect between 0Bama's numbers and Congress's numbers? Congress just rammed through the HCR bill which gave Lord Zero a boost with his base, yet congress gets none of the love from the left.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #812 on: March 23, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »
What that SA number to drop very, very quickly when they realize no Skittle Shitting Ponies (TM) are to be forthcoming in the mail next week.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #813 on: March 23, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »
What that SA number to drop very, very quickly when they realize no Skittle Shitting Ponies (TM) are to be forthcoming in the mail next week.

Mine was a skittles shitting unicorn.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #814 on: March 23, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
Bottom line, I'm already seeing people in the media happy because now they'll be able to get "free" healthcare any only have to make the co-payments, or so they think.

Oh, the disappointment they'll see when they walk into Kaiser and demand their free healthcare.  The ex just got turned down by Kaiser because she had been prescribed painkillers for three months last year (she had been in the hospital and under an nurse's care for over a month.)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #815 on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »
Bottom line, I'm already seeing people in the media happy because now they'll be able to get "free" healthcare any only have to make the co-payments, or so they think.

Oh, the disappointment they'll see when they walk into Kaiser and demand their free healthcare.  The ex just got turned down by Kaiser because she had been prescribed painkillers for three months last year (she had been in the hospital and under an nurse's care for over a month.)

wait 'til the working class--the proletariat (  :-) )--sees insurance premiums go up 150 percent in the next few years.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #816 on: March 23, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »
wait 'til the working class--the proletariat (  :-) )--sees insurance premiums go up 150 percent in the next few years.

The lady caller from the insurance industry to El Rushbo's show today, says that she doesn't expect the private insurance industry to last more than 3 years - more likely 2, in her guess-timation - unless injunctions against enforcing Obamacare are put in place while it's being hashed out in the courts.

That is not good, boys and girls.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 5412

« Reply #817 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:06 PM »

Hi,

My wife heard today that in January you may well expect premiums to triple.

That is of course to cover all the stuff they have to pay for so the uninsured get more free stuff.

Then it hits the fan, the government blames the greedy insurance companys and says they might just as well take it over because of the greed.

Not a pretty picture.

regards,

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #818 on: March 23, 2010, 10:04:18 PM »
Hi,

My wife heard today that in January you may well expect premiums to triple.

That is of course to cover all the stuff they have to pay for so the uninsured get more free stuff.

Then it hits the fan, the government blames the greedy insurance companys and says they might just as well take it over because of the greed.

Not a pretty picture.

regards,
Rush had an industry insider on the show today saying exactly that.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline thundley4

« Reply #819 on: March 23, 2010, 10:22:54 PM »
Rush had an industry insider on the show today saying exactly that.

I just read an article that said that medical tourism will be increasing, and that some insurance companies may even recommend it to their customers.

Offline 5412

« Reply #820 on: March 24, 2010, 02:08:46 AM »
I just read an article that said that medical tourism will be increasing, and that some insurance companies may even recommend it to their customers.

Hi,

My wife and I were in Costa Rica in January and head to Panama in April for that very reason, to check it out.  Right now, let
s say you had a policy with a high deductible and maybe a 75/25 co pay.....and maybe you needed something expensive like a full hip replacement.  There are some insurance companies that might well offer to waive the deductible and copay if you go to central America and get it done.  Panama and Costa Rica both have world class facilities.  Panama in particular has a hospital affiliated with Johns-Hopkins.

Many Americans and Canadians go down there on health care vacations.  We found a bed and breakfast in Panama City that specializes in folks who are down there for that reason and the recuperate at their bed and breakfast. 

I predict a couple of things.  First of all many, many American doctors are likely to migrate in that direction.  Also, the insurance industry is not stupid.   Won't be long one will offer insurance to the public for folks that want to go down to central America for their health care and the premiums will be a small percentage of what they are today. 

The real problem as I see it is this.  Not only will health care get expensive, it will be rationed; particularly to seniors due to cost constraints just like most socialized medicine in the world.  They are gonna pull the plug on granny, just a matter of time.  The real issue is go somewhere else and pay for medical treatment which will not be available in this country.

As Limbaugh said, the greatest health care system in the world has now been destroyed by the democrats. 

And finally, if one looks at all the medical breakthrough in the last 100 years, it will likely come to a screeching halt.  Who is going to fund it?  If there is no financial incentive of huge proportions to find a cure for cancer, or invent the next wonder drug, then the research will stop.

The real caller to Limbaugh who got me today was the guy who said the goal never was to get better health care, even for the poor.  Ever since the Roosevelt administration, the real issue has been class envy and now for the libs it is payback time.  They will punish the achievers, the workers, but you will not see the lives of minorities, the poor and underprivilidged get the least bit better.  All it is now is payback time with the goal of making more folks depenedent on government assuring the democrats are in power forever.

regards,

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #821 on: March 24, 2010, 03:42:06 AM »
The real caller to Limbaugh who got me today was the guy who said the goal never was to get better health care, even for the poor.  Ever since the Roosevelt administration, the real issue has been class envy and now for the libs it is payback time.  They will punish the achievers, the workers, but you will not see the lives of minorities, the poor and underprivilidged get the least bit better.  All it is now is payback time with the goal of making more folks depenedent on government assuring the democrats are in power forever.

He's right.  It's another means for the liberals in both parties to establish another revenue stream, another slush fund, another piggy bank for them to raid for whatever they claim to care about.  They won't be able to resist another half-trillion dollars in taxes showing up on their doorstep.  They will spend it, and it won't be on healthcare.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:54:53 AM by Chris »
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #822 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »
Hi,

My wife and I were in Costa Rica in January and head to Panama in April for that very reason, to check it out.  Right now, let
s say you had a policy with a high deductible and maybe a 75/25 co pay.....and maybe you needed something expensive like a full hip replacement.  There are some insurance companies that might well offer to waive the deductible and copay if you go to central America and get it done.  Panama and Costa Rica both have world class facilities.  Panama in particular has a hospital affiliated with Johns-Hopkins.

Many Americans and Canadians go down there on health care vacations.  We found a bed and breakfast in Panama City that specializes in folks who are down there for that reason and the recuperate at their bed and breakfast. 

People have been going to Europe - particularly Switzerland or Scandanavian countries, for years for surgery. Primarily plastic surgery. Also to Phillipines - for sex change operations, as they don't require the extensive psych evaluations that are required in the US, and they will do all the surgery at once rather than in stages, which is they way it is done here. Many of the private hospitals have their own boutique hotels for their patients to stay while recovery. I would venture a guess that these places will continue to thrive, and probably expand their facilities and specialties.

I predict a couple of things.  First of all many, many American doctors are likely to migrate in that direction.  Also, the insurance industry is not stupid.   Won't be long one will offer insurance to the public for folks that want to go down to central America for their health care and the premiums will be a small percentage of what they are today. 

I think you will also see fewer people go into medicine. At a minimum, a doctor is looking at 4 years undergrad, 4 years med school, and for a family practitioner, internist, pediatrician, radiologist, pathologist - a minimum of 4 years residency plus a minimum of 1 year for specializing - such as cardiology or nuerology, ect. For a surgeon, it is at least 5 years for general surgery, specialties start at 6 years for urology to as much as 12 YEARS - after med school for a cardio-thoracic surgeon!

The number of physicians who go into medicine just for the desire to heal people is a fraction of those who also go into it for the money. There are those who also go into medicine, simply for the money. The percentage of doctors who come out of residency debt-free is minimal compared with those who come out with debt - some with 100's of thousands of dollars of debt if they had to borrow all the way from their freshman year of undergrad.

My ex and I got married a week after he graduated from med school...with honors. He was in residency for 6 years at University of Virginia and Duke University. His 6th year in residency - we could have qualified for food stamps!!! 14 YEARS of education past high school and he was making $15,000 a year and we were a family of 4. Yes this was 20 years ago, however, the salaries are still proportional to today's dollars. The earning potential was there, though it took about 12 more years to really start to show up. The second wife saw the benefits much more than I did, and the third is seeing a bundle!

The point though...is how many are going to be willing to take 10-20 YEARS of education and debt...and never see much of a return?

At least, up until yesterday, most had some expectation of repaying those loans and eventually able to see a profit, though in many cases it may take as much as 10 years in private practice to repay those loans. Just going into practice can cost thousands of dollars in equipment, or one may have to purchase their way into a practice. A doctor just out of a residency program, does not walk into an established practice as a partner. It usually varies between 1 to 5 years to become a full partner, in the meantime, the doctor works for a salary with the larger percentage of the fees they generate going to the practice to be split among the existing partners.

Regardless of the reason they went into medicine, it has little effect of how good a physician one is. How many will be able, or willing to go into massive debt for little to no hope of ever getting out of that debt? I would think we, as a country will start to see a reduction of young people going into medicine...which is not only going to have a serious impact on the aging population of the country....but there will also be a "snowball" effect on monies generated by medical schools and residency programs. Reduction in teaching staff, nurses, etc....

The real problem as I see it is this.  Not only will health care get expensive, it will be rationed; particularly to seniors due to cost constraints just like most socialized medicine in the world.  They are gonna pull the plug on granny, just a matter of time.  The real issue is go somewhere else and pay for medical treatment which will not be available in this country.

As Limbaugh said, the greatest health care system in the world has now been destroyed by the democrats. 

And finally, if one looks at all the medical breakthrough in the last 100 years, it will likely come to a screeching halt.  Who is going to fund it?  If there is no financial incentive of huge proportions to find a cure for cancer, or invent the next wonder drug, then the research will stop.

We were never going to see a "total cure" for cancer or the "common cold", just because of the monies generated going to so many different entities. However, I think you are right in that we will see much less research continuing due to lack of funding, but also more importantly....going back to what I said above regarding the number of physicians, there will be fewer going into research. Who's going to pay them? Unless a researcher hits a major breakthrough ( think heart valve) in some particular area, there isn't a huge amount of money (income) in research like there is private practice, or even as much as what a physician makes who is "on staff" as a professorship in a teaching hospital.

regards,

People are delusional in thinking that wonderful things are now going to happen to health care. Yes, there will be no penalty for pre-existing conditions and that's a good thing - maybe the best thing about the HCB. Hard to tell, since it won't take effect for adults until 2014....that's a long time away to hang your hat on something good happening!

But the bad stuff that's going to happen is going to be gradual and sneaky. WE aren't going to see it all at once....in fact...it may be so insignificant and gradual that we won't see it....until one day, someone needs an MRI or a valve replacement, or a prostate or breast exam to determine if there's cancer present.....and that someone can't get sufficient care until it's too late because their cancer has either spread too much to help them or they are dead!

These problems are going to particularly affect those of us who are older now....as we are the ones who are going to start to "fall apart" sooner.....and we will be the ones who will notice first that we aren't getting that great health care that was promised.

By the time the country realizes that yet again, those wonderful Congress Critters have screwed us again....the country won't be able to revert to what was once such a "bad thing".

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #823 on: March 24, 2010, 10:08:27 AM »

I know eventually that his numbers are going to drop like a rock, but it's still kind of sad to see the approve going up so much.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #824 on: March 24, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »

I know eventually that his numbers are going to drop like a rock, but it's still kind of sad to see the approve going up so much.

It was predictable.  Lord Zero just announced that a shipment of skittle-shitting Unicorns left the dock Monday morning, and the mouth-breathers are all anxious with anticipation that maybe, just maybe their SSU is on it's way.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus