Author Topic: Daily Presidential Approval Index  (Read 217456 times)

Offline Lacarnut

Re: Daily Presidential Approval Index
« Reply #675 on: February 20, 2010, 02:41:40 PM »
if you add all the TV face time of every president since Truman, does it total as much as Obama?   Seems like he's there daily spouting nonsense.

After the Feb 25th meeting where he tries to trick Repubs in supporting the health care plan, his approval  ratings will further deteriorate.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #676 on: February 20, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »
These eetings might not take place, even if Obama wants. If the Congress opens its' stealth plan monday aws advertized, there is zero point to a thursday staerting confrence.
Personally, I'd send ONE Congress animal with a staff of persons who had actually read the nonsense that Obama sent. Each person a seperate area of responsibility, who would relay to the Congress one questions that werecontrary to the citizens best interests. Further , would compare them with the area of the Congresses bill and ask how  it is even possible that the Rep. ideas can be integrated.

Almost certainly, they cannot be integrarted.

I would have required reading The Art of War and Rules for Radicals for all staff. I would have analysts on staff produce a TM that shows how the Dem's employ the tactics in these works, countermeasures and how to apply them to the dems.

The Dems are at war with the  Constitutional Government  of the USA, and they are not friends of freedom. The Rep. needd to respond in kind and PAY THEIR SPIES VERY WELL, INDEED!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #677 on: February 21, 2010, 10:26:55 AM »
Whooops.

-19 today (Sunday).

22% "strongly approve," and 41% "strongly disapprove."

The Approval Index has been lower only on one day during Barack Obama’s thirteen months in office. The previous low came on December 22 as the Senate was preparing to approve its version of the proposed health care legislation. The current lows come as the President is once again focusing attention on the health care legislation.

Currently, 39% of voters nationwide favor the health care plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats. Fifty-eight percent (58%) are opposed. Only 35% believe Congress should pass health care reform before the upcoming midterm elections anyway. Fifty-four percent (54%) say Congress should wait until voters select new congressional representatives in November.

If the proposed health care plan becomes law, 78% of voters expect it will cost more than projected. Voters overwhelmingly believe passage of the plan will increase the federal deficit and lead to middle-class tax hikes. Most of those with insurance fear that they could be forced to change their coverage if the health care legislation passes.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #678 on: February 21, 2010, 02:27:29 PM »
Whooops.

-19 today (Sunday).

22% "strongly approve," and 41% "strongly disapprove."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

They're too stupid to understand that every time they open their mouth about any kind of nationalized health care their poll numbers drop.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #679 on: February 21, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »
They don't care. They want what they want, and to hell with the public.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #680 on: February 21, 2010, 07:05:18 PM »
Fifty-four percent (54%) say Congress should wait until voters select new congressional representatives in November.

I bet a hefty sum of those are Dems worried about losing seats if it's passed before the elections.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #681 on: February 22, 2010, 08:33:25 AM »
Holding steady at -19.

More talk of using reconciliation from the DimRats today.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #682 on: February 22, 2010, 09:34:30 AM »
Fox is discussing this right now....with Scott Rasmussen

74% negative towards Congress....lowest ever.  :evillaugh:

Only 27% think their own representative is any good.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #683 on: February 22, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »
When you're losing Susan Estrich - you're in trouble

Link: http://townhall.com/blog/g/1301c060-9b7f-41be-95e0-fb67903c0c8c

Sunday, February 21, 2010 

Susan Estrich Gets It 
Posted by: Carol Platt Liebau at 5:44 PM 

When it comes to health care "reform," the Obama administration is more willing to believe that this nation is populated by imbeciles who simply can't recognize their good fortune, than that they're peddling a health care bill that's a total clunker.

As Susan Estrich points out, it's not that the Democrats have a communication problem, as most of them seem to believe.  Indeed, untold hours of Obama rhetoric have been spent trying to convince people of the (mostly unspecified) plan's greatness.

The problem is that people simply don't want the product that the Administration is peddling.  As Estrich notes:

What's gone wrong is that people see the country swimming in debt, see the jobs recovery lagging, see friends and neighbors who are not even hanging on, and they just don't know how this administration is planning to pay for a massive health care reform effort.

That's right.  And they know an unbelievable narrative when they hear it -- and that's the one the President tried to use to "sell" health care reform: We'll all get more for less, and live happily ever after, too.

When has any of that ever happened, especially after the government gets more involved?

http://www.creators.com/opinion/susan-estrich.html?columnsName=ses
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #684 on: February 22, 2010, 11:50:20 AM »
Holding steady at -19.

More talk of using reconciliation from the DimRats today.

I had -20 by the end of February -- looks good for meeting that number.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »

I had -20 by the end of February -- looks good for meeting that number.

After the health care debacle on the 25th of Feb., that just take it up a few notches. Just hope the RINO's don't get suckered into their trap. 

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #686 on: February 22, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »
-20 within 24 business hours.

Bank on it. [/Pitt Mode]
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline thundley4

« Reply #687 on: February 23, 2010, 10:57:51 AM »
-20 within 24 business hours.

Bank on it. [/Pitt Mode]

Will Pitt is always wrong.  :evillaugh:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #688 on: February 23, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »

Naw, I'm thinking by Thursday we will see him below -20 due to the statement of continuing to ram the HCR down our throats.  I don't know how they count their 3 day polling cycle.  It could be as soon as tomorrow.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #689 on: February 23, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »

Well, I still have 16 business hours.  :evillaugh:
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #690 on: February 24, 2010, 08:42:29 AM »

What happened?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #691 on: February 24, 2010, 10:52:16 AM »
Strong Approve increase.  They must think they're getting their free ponies again.  And when they don't, that number will drop into single digits.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #692 on: February 25, 2010, 07:35:32 AM »
Please let Obama hit -20 or I'm going to look like such a jackass... again. [/Pitt Mode]

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #693 on: February 25, 2010, 08:44:50 AM »
-15 today (Thursday).

It’s time for the one-day summit on health care legislation. Forty-one percent (41%) of voters favor the plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats while 56% are opposed. On the health care topic, 51% fear the government more than they fear private insurance companies.

New polling in the Delaware Senate race shows Republican Mike Castle still has a significant lead.

Just 10% give Congress good or excellent marks, while 71% rate Congressional performance as poor. Republicans continue to lead by nine on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #694 on: February 25, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »
I hope for -20.  But it seems that is just not possible.   We get so close, and then he escapes.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #695 on: February 25, 2010, 10:02:30 AM »
I hope for -20.  But it seems that is just not possible.   We get so close, and then he escapes.

He's been there before and will get there again.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Karin

« Reply #696 on: February 25, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »
Possibly after today. 

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #697 on: February 25, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »
I mentioned sometime back in this thread that -20 is about the apex of the approval curve, unless he goes so bad that even the mushy middle abandon him.

And even so, he will never get past -65

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #698 on: February 25, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »
Not that this means anything....at all.....BUT, my lib friend who absolutely loved Obama (even had Obama magnets on her fridge) changed her political status on FB from "LIBERAL" to "Fence Sitter".   :p

Offline 5412

« Reply #699 on: February 25, 2010, 09:41:42 PM »
I mentioned sometime back in this thread that -20 is about the apex of the approval curve, unless he goes so bad that even the mushy middle abandon him.

And even so, he will never get past -65

Hi,

If anyone watched Hannity tonight the pollster Frank (someone) had a group from Philadelphia to discuss the health care summit.  1/2 democrats and 1/2 republicans.  18 of what appeared to be 20 are thoroughly disgusted and almost all of them want the health care bill scrapped and start over.  If the senate rams it through they will be livid.

I really find it hard to see any kind of bump in BO's ratings after seeing that focus group.

Laura Ingram was on O'Reilly and she feels the public is more engaged, and understands this health care bill, more than most any piece of legislation in recent history which is why they are so opposed to it.  The more BO pushes, the more the public pushes back.

regards,